AllergyDoc

The Top 10 Lies of Replica Watches

Rolex2020
42 minutes ago, Glaude said:

All customs rules are hard to enforce, due to the inherent nature of a custom control : random for the most part.
Prelimantory screening are done on all the packages, then there are two options : something weird shows up on the X-ray and they look at the declaration form, if it adds up with the x-ray image, it continues on his way or random control of packages, they pick a big cart full of packages and inspect them.

What do you say to the dealer if you watch doesn’t make it thru?

Glaude
9 minutes ago, Rolex2020 said:

What do you say to the dealer if you watch doesn’t make it thru?

Most of them will ask for a proof showing that your watch has been seized.
It will depend on the TD you work with, but usually it's the letter you are being sent stating that the counterfeit good have been seized.
But sometime, tracking info will show the seizing or they, as the sender, can have more tracking info.

No matter what, always ask your TD how they proceed in such case to see if you are comfortable with their procedure

Rolex2020
24 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Most of them will ask for a proof showing that your watch has been seized.
It will depend on the TD you work with, but usually it's the letter you are being sent stating that the counterfeit good have been seized.
But sometime, tracking info will show the seizing or they, as the sender, can have more tracking info.

No matter what, always ask your TD how they proceed in such case to see if you are comfortable with their procedure

That brilliant that.  Is it likely that you would be intitleded to another one as they didn’t delivery the first one?

Glaude
20 minutes ago, Rolex2020 said:

That brilliant that.  Is it likely that you would be intitleded to another one as they didn’t delivery the first one?

Again to see with your TD, but once they have proof of seizing (which is not their fault, let’s just remember that), they are more likely to offer you to resend the same watch than to offer a refund.

Check with your TD of choice for all those details

mysterio
4 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Again to see with your TD, but once they have proof of seizing (which is not their fault, let’s just remember that), they are more likely to offer you to resend the same watch than to offer a refund.

Check with your TD of choice for all those details

It's in the TDs terms and conditions (sometimes it's in the email, sometimes it's on their website if they have one). The discretion lies with the TD whether to reship your watch (if it was a fluke that your shipment was seized) or refund your payment (if your country turns out to be too difficult to send watches to).   But again, as Glaude here recommended, best to have a heart-to-heart with your TD of choice (or the one you ordered the watch from if it so happened to be ordered from some other TD).   

Rolex2020

Ahh right I get you know. It’s at their discretion to replace not an automatic entitlement.. previous one I’ve bought have been labelled watch parts 

Rocky9471

Another Noob here, good info, thanks

firemcburn

great post, very accurate

PaneraiCC

I have been around for a while and still found this post very informative! Well done. 

Popperini

Total noob here... First post!

I'd like to say thanks for the useful and reassuring info in this post and elsewhere on the site. I've been hankering after a nice looking replica watch for years, but never got round to really looking into it until around a year or so ago. I had (have) NO real idea about what's what until I started to read some posts on this and a couple of other replica forums. Thanks to posts like this and TD lists, I've just ordered my first replicas from Trusty Time. In the end I couldn't decide on just one, so I went for three - a Submariner Kermit, a Speedmaster Snoopy and an Abyss 44. None of them was more than $150 (I got a little bit of a discount - thanks Andrew!) but they all look great, going by the photos and videos on Trusty Time's excellent website. The service so far from Andrew has been faultless, and painless too.

Thanks again to everyone who posts info and advice here. I look forward to sharing my views on first time replica ownership, once the order comes through and I've got the watches.

BlazinSaddles

I'm always nervous buy out of the country. No one ever wants to do PayPal g&s.

doughboy1

This is very helpful.  The crazy thing is that for folks who did not find this site, a Google search will bring back a dozen online reseller sites all advertising the lies that are spelled out in this post.  The worst one is the Swiss made replica - it always made me wonder why a replica is $1,500...why not just save up and get a pre-owned genuine watch!  Glad I came across this site.

Quebrachosito

Thanks for the info.

porkypig2010
On 20/11/2008 at 13:48, greg_r said:

ooo - another instant sticky. Nice going, AD!

excellent  info as i have been buying reps for 15 years never found a perfect clone.

porkypig2010

jlayal

Noob here. Thanks for posting this.!

static0089

This is great info and well put. Super helpful for new people in this world. 

reasonoverpassion

Very informative, thanks! And thanks for providing this service!

Watchgrocer

Thanks for sharing. Good info. 

plannB

I'm new and love the site! Very informative for a noon like myself. Already placed an order with Andrew, looking forward to this new world. 

Thanks!

jlayal
Many thanks to RWG..I just received a magnificent replica of Perfect..Ship fast and without problems!
Joshua was in contact whenever I asked him ...

Pete1966

Noob here, many thanks great info and insight.

mscolej

New to the site thanks for the info.

samraff

excellent post.  thanks

Xartan

It’s so easy getting decieved and carried away by scamming sites when first getting into to the game. 

These lies are still living and well being. Hopefully this post will help some of those new to the repscene. We have all been noobs at some point. 

vbastos

Very good post.
Always good to remind.
Thx.