AllergyDoc

The Top 10 Lies of Replica Watches

gymm

Wow, what a lesson. I sure am glad that I am doing some reading before I bought anything. Also looks like I have a lot more to do. I will be looking over a lot more of these posts and trying to make a decent decision before I leap. Thanks for all the great information and going to look for more.

Jim

Thevirgo

Thanks, new to this, very helpful.

solidliquid123

thank you for the info :)

briko12

Thx, I needed this info.

Seth Hawkins

Fantastic thread with great info! What a great starting point.

pj1312

many thanks too. Ive had a few reps, and its always good to get sound advice on what to look and what to avoid

:giggle:

docbp87

Another noob educated.

anff87

good looking out cheers!

RepHunter13

Great Thread! Replica does not mean FAKE!

real_deal07

Many arrive here with minds polluted by scam sites and scam "review" sites: all peddlers of lies and deception.

In an effort to help cleanse the noobs' minds of this filth, I propose the following 10 common and devious lies and misconceptions

about replica watches, and the business of manufacturing and selling replica watches.

Lie #1: The best replica watches are made in Switzerland, followed closely by Italy.

-- This is the biggest lie of all. All replica watches are made somewhere in Asia, mostly China. Saying that replicas are made in Switzerland or Italy is a lie intended to extract more money from the ignorant.

Lie #2: Replica watches are graded according to quality. C (or whatever) is the lowest and AAA+++ (or whatever) is the highest.

-- Who decides what is "C" and what is "A"? The "International Replica Watch Governing Board"? Pure nonsense designed, again, to get more of your dollars.

Lie #3: The movements in "Swiss made" replicas are identical to the genuine watch movements. 27 jewel movements are the best.

-- (See Lie #1 for "Swiss made".) Far from the truth. Very few replica watch movements come from anywhere but China and any watchman can immediately tell it's not genuine. There are no Asian 27 jewels movements in replica watches; only 25, 21, or 17. (Some newer replicas are powered by an ETA 7753, which does have 27J.)

Lie #4: The best replicas are 99% true to the genuine and will even fool an Authorized Dealer (AD).

-- Not true. While some may be close (picking a number is impossible) to the genuine, all replicas are flawed. Do you really think you can spend $200 or less and get a watch that's 99% identical to a $4,000-20,000 watch? As for fooling ADs, maybe. Common clerks are easily fooled, but seasoned ADs, upon close inspection, will know it's a replica.

Lie #5: The gold on "Swiss grade" replicas is much higher than on other replicas. The crown, bezel, and mid links are solid gold and the full-gold replicas are 5-wrapped (or 6-wrapped, or whatever).

-- While a few models have been shown to have solid gold mid links (Rolex replicas), the rest of the watch is gold plated or double or triple wrapped gold. ("Search" for threads on how this is done.)

Lie #6: The best Rolex replicas are made with 904L grade steel.

-- Big fat lie. Good replicas are made with 316L quality steel. Rolex is the one of the few companies that use 904L steel and it costs 3 times as much as 316L. Replicas are not made with 440 steel, either.

Lie #7: Buying a replica watch is risky, but not if you use sellers from "Replica Review" sites.

-- What most people don't know is the "review" sites are owned and operated by the people who run the sites they recommend--it's very incestuous. These "review" sites are clever and it's easy to get taken in by their lies.

Lie #8: You can tell you're getting a good watch after a thorough examination of the web site.

-- Please. If you think everything displayed on the web is true, you deserve to be fleeced. Scam sites lie about everything, from the quality of their goods to their pledge to make sure every customer is happy. Many even post pictures of genuine watches, (Look for pictures where the watch hands are set at "10:10." Pictures of genuine watches seen in advertisements are always set to "10:10.") but send you junk.

Lie #9: Picking a good seller will always result in getting a good watch, one I won't have trouble with.

-- We wish. Quality control in replica watch factories is hit-and-miss, but mostly shoddy. One batch may be great while the next produces watches that are DOA. (Remember, making replica watches is illegal, even in China. Replica watch "factories" are usually small operations that can be easily moved or hidden from prying authorities.) What is true, though, is a good dealer will want to protect his/her reputation and will fix whatever is wrong.

Lie #10: Paying by COD is the best way to get the cheapest price. Plus, I can examine my watch before paying the courier to make sure I get what I paid for.

-- A really dumb thing to do and a huge red flag that you're dealing with a true scammer. They want cash because they know you'll scream foul to your credit card company the moment you see the junk you just paid $1,000 for.

One final point. Remember, replica watches are counterfeit goods. While it is not illegal to purchase or possess replica watches in most countries, it is illegal to sell them. Keep this in mind when using PayPal or communicating with credit card companies.

Noob here, interested in buying a watch...a rep is definitely better then spending a gezillion £/€/$ especially since i don't have those, just didn't knew i hade to study a whole freaking website! your 10 commandments are very helpfull end very very interesting indeed. Still i don't own a rep yet end i'm eager to buy one since i need to make a impression at a business event. (yep also a noob at that) but if what they say is true: feeling the part!! i definitely would love a watch that does that trick! That's why i really could need a hand here!!! I just don?t have the time to sort every possible thing out to ensure that the ods are for me as much as possible( since the perfect 1.1 rep or a guaranteed rep exists) maybe the idea of an Iternational replica gouverning board could be a first for this forum LOLhelp%20wanted.gif Now down to the point,

The watch of my interest is a rolex daytona (since i want to feel the part i'm going big :) The model i love is

http://silix-prime.so/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_158_220&products_id=5217

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=9767 My absolute favourite!!!!

http://www.azkronos.com/rolex/daytona/rolexdaytonaswiss_073.htm

Thank you for your attention

Soldie

Best chance is stay with a TD. Decide on watch, take pictures, send them to TD. Good luck!!

Mllster

Hi

This has just shattered all of my illusions....thank goodness for this web site.

black263

I wonder if it would be possible or make sense to create a Hall of Shame for dealers that have burned people in the past?

I do realize that web site names are as disposable as diapers, anybody caught on the list would disappear never to be found again.

You must read, and read again. List of dodgy dealers is a brilliant idea. Something like this perhaps..http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=40

Mazz

We already have a Hall of Shame

black263

Different content though.. Hall of Shame isn't to point out scam dealers, which is what the suggestion was.

numbnuts3

Unbelievable useful content. Thanks fellas

nicxxa

noob here... thank you for saving me some cash.

TheInthusiest

Truth right there!

black263

noob here... thank you for saving me some cash.

WRONG. We haven't saved you a penny. We stopped you wasting it on a scam, but trust me, you have no idea how much this will all cost you in the end. I came here last year looking for a single pretty watch. I've just filled my second 10-watch display case. It's a deep dark hole you just threw yourself into.

hhawhp

Thanks for the heads up!

Pharmo

Thanks for this. Very useful for a beginner with 1 hour experience so far!

Yardyjam

Thanks for the info

jag787

Thank for the info. Just started my search for a rep today and I've already got my eye on a Breitling Avenger Skyland, but it looks like the watch face may be too large for my wrist. Unfortunetly, for those of us with smaller wrists, most of Breitlings watches have large faces, I think.

EdRooney

In case any actual noobs ever stop by.

I just stopped by and found this very helpful. Thank you

lmacc2005

Noob here! Thanks for the great info. I'm looking for my first replica and looking at one site selling a swiss replica selling for almost 1000. :lolcina: I'm so glad I came across this board before buying!!! :thumbsup: