AllergyDoc

The Top 10 Lies of Replica Watches

dezkwerk

Noob here....i m learning each of my visit to this forum

Xsv413

All good info :thumbsup2:

MrZoSo
On 20/11/2008 at 14:16, AllergyDoc said:

Big fat lie. Good replicas are made with 316L quality steel. Rolex is the one of the few companies that use 904L steel and it costs 3 times as much as 316L. Replicas are not made with 440 steel, either. (admin edit 2017: 904L now used in a limited range of Rolex reps from ARF - caution advised)

Still dun believe this one... 

AllergyDoc
21 hours ago, MrZoSo said:

Still dun believe this one... 

Has it been confirmed?

MrZoSo
2 hours ago, AllergyDoc said:

Has it been confirmed?

Not that i know of.  I seriously Doubt ANY rep is made of 904L 

Glaude
3 hours ago, AllergyDoc said:

Has it been confirmed?

It has been on two occasion, the tests were properly done, but it's never been done again as far as I know and there was one time where only the bracelet was 904 but not the case.

Currently no one should pay more for that steel but more for the finish they put on whatever steel they pretend it is. ARF does a very fine job at brushing the steel, whether it be 904 or 316L or F

JohnMG

Hi,

I am a total newb to this. So ,is it worth the extra money when a seller says the watch is 904L?+

Also , all sellers say, 'we have no issues getting our products past UK customs, I send 20 to 30 a day, etc'.

What happens if my watch gets picked up by customs and I get hit with a massive import duty bill?  Which of the trusted sellers offer to sned you another watch?

They all seem very certain their products don't get intercepted, but I have purchased dire genuine brand watches, just to check if my customs pick up on them, ie 'Vostock, etc' and only once did 'one' watch slip by the customs officials.  I even got a import duty charge for a £25 Vostock. So, if I am about to puchase a Roley worth £10,000 , and it looks good enough t o be genuine, I could face a pretty huge import duty bill.  There are so many stories of great purchases , and sellers shipping via the UK to Germany , etc as it is easier to get past UK customs. is anyone actually honest about watches and actually managing to get one to the UK?

Sincere thanks for everyone who has helped me already.

JohnMG

Edited by JohnMG

AllergyDoc
On 24/05/2019 at 18:46, MrZoSo said:

Not that i know of.  I seriously Doubt ANY rep is made of 904L 

What, don’t trust the rep dealers claims? :B):

On 24/05/2019 at 20:11, Glaude said:

It has been on two occasion, the tests were properly done, but it's never been done again as far as I know and there was one time where only the bracelet was 904 but not the case.

Currently no one should pay more for that steel but more for the finish they put on whatever steel they pretend it is. ARF does a very fine job at brushing the steel, whether it be 904 or 316L or F

Arf? I’ve been away too long. What’s a dog sound got to do with reps? :B):

judas9r

Love reading this, reminds me why we're here.

StarsSuck

So is there no QC within the factories themselves?  Is that why different "batches" of them same version can vary??

Popperini
is anyone actually honest about watches and actually managing to get one to the UK?
Sincere thanks for everyone who has helped me already.
JohnMG
I live in the UK, I’ve bought nearly 50 reps this year (I’ve become a bit obsessed with this hobby), and I’ve only paid import duty on 3, and only one of those was from a TD. The most duty I paid was on an Omega I bought from another forum member in the US, for which I was charged £25. The most expensive looking rep that I got charged on (a Noob Daytona V2.2) cost me £11 duty (£8 of which was the Royal Mail’s “handling charge”). Watches have come to me from Trusty, Perfect Clones, Marvelous Replica and other TDs without any charge at all.

If you’re really worried about it - try KS, a TD on RWI based in the UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnMG

Thanks for your reasurence. 

I have ordered my first watch and I am going to order two more very soon. 

BadApple
16 minutes ago, JohnMG said:

THANK THE LORD FOR THAT !!!!!!

JohnMG

:fear:

It was totally my fault , it taking so long , as I didn't realise my passport was out of date. 

FudgyDocker
43 minutes ago, JohnMG said:

John, you missed out on a virtually new 904L ARF V2 Sea Dweller the other day, from a UK seller in M2M. No customs duty, nothing. It's a very nice watch...

8wDQMLj.jpg

JohnMG

I did see it, I just ordered a D-Blue , and I am ordering a couple of different watches. It is a very nice watch though, but I already had in my mind the next watches I wanted.

JohnMG

I have also managed to verify my coinbase account , so hopefully will make my next purchase via bitcoin, a lot more discrete . As when I went to pay via Western Union, I must just look dodgy or something as the first two places wouldn't let me use their service and said their machines were down, or another excuse was, 'we have reached our daily limit' .So I had to make a journey into my city centre to make the payment. Bitcoin should be a lot more straight forward.

Edited by JohnMG

JohnMG

I think I know how to pay via coinbase. On the day I order I think I just transfer the amount needed from my Wallet to my bitcoin wallet then send the payment amount to the trusted seller's wallet. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly  .

Edited by JohnMG

FudgyDocker
3 minutes ago, JohnMG said:

Bitcoin should be a lot more straight forward

And cheaper! The fees for BTC are a lot cheaper, and you don't have to cope with WU bandit exchange rates!

EthanRS3

Some interesting info on here, but I can see It's going  to take weeks to sifting to get the information need from the people that matter. 

rambohman

Thank you good sir : )

Kimjongkook

Lots of information,Thank you very much.

BadApple
10 minutes ago, Kimjongkook said:

Lots of information,Thank you very much.

POST WHORING - I SUGGEST YOU STOP IT

Yankee1006

Great information and good advice 

Yankee1006

Learn something new I didn't know even after being a member of another forum site