Sign in to follow this  
yawn

4000M Diver V2 or V3?

yawn

Hello guys, I'm thinking get a 4000m but currently confused by these two version, I did some reading and it appears they are from different factories, but each with differnet pros and cons. Can anyone wrap up a little bit for me as which one is better? I might not overly concern about strap cos I m gotta change it anyway.

ty

-yawn

gtwc

I think that the strap is unique for this model - it will not accept a change ('cos of

the quick release function).

Go to the Hublot thread - I think KeNnY provided a very good comparison review.

jeffw69

Go read Kenny's thread.

yawn

ok, i found it

The differences I can see between the V2 made by the HBB V6 maker and this new V3 so far:

1. V2 is generally better finished, we can see the BIG factory craftsmanship from the V2.

2. V2 uses A7750 movement where the V3 uses Asian 2824 / Swiss ETA-2824 / Sellita SW200 movement, A7750 is gen like but 2824 has a smoother second hand.

3. Inner bezel hight looks slightly different to me, not sure if it is the inner bezel or the crystal problems.

4. Inner bezel crown protector - V2 is loose and V3 is tight with a real "click lock" to the case body.

5. V3 has a better AR'd crystal, V3 crystal looks very clear from most angles while V2 is sometimes cloudy from a certain angles.

6. Caseback engraving on the V2 caseback is bolder than the gen and V3 is thinner than the gen but closer to the gen.

7. V3 has a slightly longer strap (for bigger wrists) and they punched one more hole on the strap (for smaller wrists).

8. Inner bezel lume color (uncharged) does not match the dial lume color on V3, while V2 matches, but inner bezel lume color (charged) matches the dial lume on V3 while V2 inner bezel has a weaker lume.

9. Lume on V2 hands is stronger than V3.

10. V2 rubber strap is much better than the V3 rubber strap although V3 is longer and with one more hole.

tbuttery

V2 period!! Read my review.