Sign in to follow this  
LHOOQ

CK2915: Speedmaster One

Pseudonym

i-QBNBwqK-X3.jpg

Oh, you'd better believe I'm a Daytona fan! The CK2915 was, by far, the tougher and more unique project, but the 6263 was the costlier build--thanks mainly to the dial.

Unfortunately, there aren't any rep movements out there that will accept a c.321/861 dial. For a franken Speedmaster project, you could find a Tissot T12 chronograph and cannibalize its Lemania 1873. However, these Tissots aren't that cheap, and you still have to find a case to put everything in. If you're lucky, you might grab an old 145.022 case from Watchco for a couple hundred dollars, but I'm not sure if they have any still lying around. And brand-new replacement Speedmaster cases have long since vanished from Ofrei and other suppliers, I think.

Yeah I also read your Daytona thread. Stunning build :)

Out of the two I'd personally rather go for the Daytona. The ultimate goal would be to get as close as possible to this:

098.jpg

..........unfortunately the reps of this particular dial are not great, and I don't feel like throwing $200 on a Yuki dial. I'm sure I came across some other aftermarket dials from a parts dealer whose prices were a fair bit lower but can't remember the name?

Ingod. ;)

anfalas

i-QBNBwqK-X3.jpg

Oh, you'd better believe I'm a Daytona fan! The CK2915 was, by far, the tougher and more unique project, but the 6263 was the costlier build--thanks mainly to the dial.

Unfortunately, there aren't any rep movements out there that will accept a c.321/861 dial. For a franken Speedmaster project, you could find a Tissot T12 chronograph and cannibalize its Lemania 1873. However, these Tissots aren't that cheap, and you still have to find a case to put everything in. If you're lucky, you might grab an old 145.022 case from Watchco for a couple hundred dollars, but I'm not sure if they have any still lying around. And brand-new replacement Speedmaster cases have long since vanished from Ofrei and other suppliers, I think.

Out of the two I'd personally rather go for the Daytona. The ultimate goal would be to get as close as possible to this:

098.jpg

..........unfortunately the reps of this particular dial are not great, and I don't feel like throwing $200 on a Yuki dial. I'm sure I came across some other aftermarket dials from a parts dealer whose prices were a fair bit lower but can't remember the name?

Ingod. ;)

.....yep, just found them about 10 mins ago!! Nothing in stock though :facepalm:

Any of you guys know if that 6265 above has a non-stock crystal, it looks flatter than most I've seen and makes the dial look huge!!

Edited by anfalas

Pseudonym

i-QBNBwqK-X3.jpg

098.jpg

Ingod. ;)

.....yep, just found them about 10 mins ago!! Nothing in stock though :facepalm:

Any of you guys know if that 6265 above has a non-stock crystal, it looks flatter than most I've seen and makes the dial look huge!!

It'll likely be a gen Tropic mate...

There are other dials out there - DW has an eBay store from what I read elsewhere?? I wouldn't advocate buying from him unless via EBay as you're covered if in the likelihood it doesn't turn up!

If you find the store, I'd be interested to know it also as I'm planning a v72/726 franken 6263.

Cheers

P.

anfalas

i-QBNBwqK-X3.jpg

098.jpg

Ingod. ;)

There are other dials out there - DW has an eBay store from what I read elsewhere?? I wouldn't advocate buying from him unless via EBay as you're covered if in the likelihood it doesn't turn up!

If you find the store, I'd be interested to know it also as I'm planning a v72/726 franken 6263.

Cheers

P.

Thanks P ;)

I thought it might be a tropic. They're fairly inexpensive so might well add one of those at some point. I had been avoiding DW after all the shit I've read about him and not sure if I'd even go to him on ebay.

So what mods are you planning for yours mate?

Pseudonym

i-QBNBwqK-X3.jpg

098.jpg

Ingod. ;)

Cheers

P.

Thanks P ;)

I thought it might be a tropic. They're fairly inexpensive so might well add one of those at some point. I had been avoiding DW after all the shit I've read about him and not sure if I'd even go to him on ebay.

So what mods are you planning for yours mate?

In for a penny, in for a pound. Hopefully the following:

V72(6)

Phong case set

Phong RLX bridges

Gen P301s

Gen Tropic

Gen sigma dial or high quality PN dial...?

Gen 571 endlinks

Gen 78350

My only quandary is the Bezel. I read that DW has updated the 110 spacing & "s" on the 6263... Not sure what the best alternative to gen is. More research required on this part.

This is a long term "plan" so will take me at least a year or more to source / have built.

M, sorry for the thread crap! Will take it out with! :boxedin:

LHOOQ

Wow. It's like the world changed while I was sleeping!

If either of you guys need help on the Daytona side, feel free to PM or take residence in my Phong 6263 thread!

anfalas

Wow. It's like the world changed while I was sleeping!

If either of you guys need help on the Daytona side, feel free to PM or take residence in my Phong 6263 thread!

Thanks for the offer, will more than likely take you up on that sometime :)

Phil_omega

Wow stunning piece. Want.

AOD

Wonderful post!