Sign in to follow this  
martymac5

hi newbie from south wales

martymac5

Ive just got back from pattaya thailand and although been there 2 to 3 times a year for the past 10 years decided to buy a few watches as gifts this time around ,knowing a bar owner she is thai she put me in touch with a thai vendor,i settled on 1 ladies omega constellation ,2 seamasters ,and 2 mens constellations nasa moon watches ,now id had a few beers ,and know nothing about watches ,and paid 8000 baht for all watches after haggling from the thai lady bar owner and my ability to speak a little thai and being a good customer of hers ,she told me that these watches were different from the normal street vendors as thier watches are cheap malaysian and go green and stop when wet,and these watches i was purchasing were thai and that she would recommend them,ok,to the point ,as i said ,i know nothing on watches and perhaps purchasing after a few beers not a good idea,on getting home i went online to see what the difference was from retailers selling said watches ,and then noticed the winding dial opposite the 3 dials was missing on the sea masters and the metal straps were stamped speed master professional,the constellation watches were not on any site ive looked at,but nontheless all look nice watches ,all watches still work even mine in the bath,im not innocent to the fact i should have done my home work on buying a good replica,but any members think i was robbed with the price i paid,by the way im back in pattaya april and have located a few good vendors since,me taking an interest in watches.

Cyril_Clunge

Hello :wave: and welcome to RWG.

1. Yes you probably have bought crap reps. Don't worry, now you're here you can get many, many good ones.

2. I am a self confessed grammar-nazi and if you post again without using paragraphs, full stops or capitalisation the number of wood derived outbuildings you currently own will increase to the tune of one.

:)

James.

Yallah from establishment

fe22ari
I am a self confessed grammar-nazi and if you post again without using paragraphs, full stops or capitalisation the number of wood derived outbuildings you currently own will increase to the tune of one.

rofl

jeffw69
I am a self confessed grammar-nazi and if you post again without using paragraphs, full stops or capitalisation the number of wood derived outbuildings you currently own will increase to the tune of one.

rofl

:lmao2:

Welcome!

martymac5

Sorry,about. the. grammar. Cyril,ETON kicked me out.But thank you for the input.lol,HAPPY CHRISTMAS:-)))))

martymac5

Just to mention, post script,there is an excellent article going on reference watches on pattaya addicts .com.

Cyril_Clunge
Sorry,about. the. grammar. Cyril,ETON kicked me out.But thank you for the input.lol,HAPPY CHRISTMAS:-)))))

I like this one, can we keep him? :D

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

Yes, always check your gramming and speller when Cyril's on the beat....................quite surprised he didn't offer to send you a shed just for being Welsh. ;)

Cyril_Clunge
...........quite surprised he didn't offer to send you a shed just for being Welsh. ;)

I thought that in itself was sufficient punishment :)

Dr Yan

Welcome Marty. Pics of said watches would be interesting.

PAB

Yaki Da Boyo! :hss:

martymac5

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen..........ps will try to put pics up,again thank you for a warm welcome ,even though im welsh!!!!!!!.LOL