Sign in to follow this  
Scottie

Received New Breitling SOSF with bent stem

Scottie

Hey all, looking for advice. I just received my Breiting SOSF V2 from a TD which looks wonderful. The only problem is that the stem attached to the screw down crown is bent. The watch is windable so the movement is fine, however, the stem wiggles and the crown wobbles like a tire on a car ready to fall off. I've emailed the TD asking to have it replaced. I'm sure they'll take care of me but is this something that I could just go to a local watch repair shop and have fixed for a few bucks? I'm mean it does have the Breitling crown which needs to be intact. I really don't want to wait for the watch to be shipped back to the TD in China, inspected, and then wait for a replacement to be shipped back. I'm probably looking a turnaround time of about a month and a half to two IF I'm lucky. The watch looks awesome it's just that after waiting for it to arrive I have this damn stem issue to deal with now. I know these things happen but was just very excited once it arrived. Is this an easy fix locally?

Thoughts???

DR3M3L

Already opened the back and removed your crown + stem? If not, just do it.. Pics would help! Be careful I already broke 1!

Edited by jorandesign

Scottie

Naw, I've only had the watch 30 minutes and don't have the tools to do so. I'm not much of a wrencher. Again, I'd have a watch shop fix it if it's an easy task. Like I said it winds, I can set the time and I can screw it down if I'm careful. I'll try to get a pic up.

Luthier

How do you know it's bent? Is it visible?

Scottie

Yes, the crown is slumped over a bit. As you wind it the slumped or bent down portion of the crown rotates around the watch.

10:10 Watch Repair

It sounds more like you need a new crown.

Scottie

From the sounds of it would it be an easy and inexpensive fix? I love the watch and don't want to send it back only to wait for 2 months for a replacement.

10:10 Watch Repair

ask the dealer to send you a replacement crown, and just about any watch repair person could fix it.

Scottie

Thanks for the assistance. Talked to the TD and I'm just gonna send it back and he's gonna send me a replacement. Best to start fresh. No hassle with TD whatsoever as expected.

hnic

bummer

hope you get your replacement soon

dalboy

Shame !!

Nice to hear the TD is resolving your issue....

That's why their TD's..

Dal...........

myaz

Hang in there. A watch I had to send back took several weeks to get there for some unknown reason, but it was worth it in the end. Hopefully it will go faster for you.