Sign in to follow this  
ALE7575

Dial ISSUE at "2" in PAM 111 V3 Noob

Realism

That's been my position the entire time, so I really don't know why you think I got "owned".

Really, I'm not out to get anyone, I'm just fucking around.

I was just trying to point out that it's hard to tell the difference. That, and I have to deal all day with people who can't understand why a $50 mod by hand doesn't look like the $10k original under 20x magnification.

Yep... or if you're Jay123 and post reps to TRF

greg_r

Who put the lysergics in the coffee machine?

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.... :giggle:

trailboss99

Just a heads up if anyone did not see this on RWI

From Angus (Puretime): Reported to the noob maker, all wrong dials are returning to the dial factory, correct dials version is still available and screened. All my wrong dial PAM111 are returned to the noob maker and will be replaced to correct dial.

Please let me know if you get wrong dial PAM111 and I will get it replaced immediately.

If you didnt realise the problem and accepted the QC pics and watch shipped. Let me know and we will send you a free correct dial or please send it back and we will replace for you (if you dont feel good to replace the dial by yourself).

Thanks to RWI for spotting the flaws in time and minimised the damage.

Thread here: http://www.replica-w...l-125655p7.html

I guess noob factory does indeed "give a shit" about their costumer base.

No, but they do give a shit when Angus talks, as I said there is one guy they do listen to and that is Angus.

they give a shit about $$$

Not all HD. Well yes they do, of cause they do but this wasn't about dollars.

The only people who care about this are the small handful on the fora, maybe a couple of hundred buyers.

They sell 30,000 plus of the things (111s) every year, what is a couple of 100 wining forum buyers? Nothing that's what.

The only ones here who have the faintest idea how hard it is to make the factories understand that little things matter are those of you who have worked with Angus on one of his forum led projects such as this 111, the Abyss, B&R or one of the other projects initiated by Angus and built from gens either bought by him or loaned by a forum member. They simply cannot see what the fuss is about and since people will buy them anyway you can kinda see their point.

Believe me, this was not about dollars. To the factories, we don't matter that much!

Oke, the forums as a whole matter a little but the number of people who would not buy a V3 111 because of this flaw simply do not.

The factories I meant. Not the dealers.

So did I HD.

fana05

Dear friends. Please those who received the wrong dial sendme an email and a correct dial will be sent to you free of charge, or you can send back the watch and I will replace it for you. After me and Angus reported the issue to the Noob factory, they will give us a solution. Thanks for everybody and we are appreciating the constructive critiques.

:thumbsup2: Nice!

Jay123

That's been my position the entire time, so I really don't know why you think I got "owned".

Really, I'm not out to get anyone, I'm just fucking around.

I was just trying to point out that it's hard to tell the difference. That, and I have to deal all day with people who can't understand why a $50 mod by hand doesn't look like the $10k original under 20x magnification.

Yep... or if you're Jay123 and post reps to TRF

LUL

Edited by Jay123

ALE7575

*** HOW to detect the WRONG dial in a PAM 111 V3 Noob ? ***

In below indicated thread you can find the information to detect the wrong dial of your PAM 111 V3 Noob

THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD IS TO INFORM YOU ABOUT THE WAY TO DETERMINE IF YOUR DIAL IS CORRECT OR WRONG.

*** HOW to detect the WRONG dial in a PAM 111 V3 Noob ? ***

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/pcteam-how-detect-126005.html?p=1235583

Thanks

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

emmune

Just a heads up if anyone did not see this on RWI

From Angus (Puretime): Reported to the noob maker, all wrong dials are returning to the dial factory, correct dials version is still available and screened. All my wrong dial PAM111 are returned to the noob maker and will be replaced to correct dial.

Please let me know if you get wrong dial PAM111 and I will get it replaced immediately.

If you didnt realise the problem and accepted the QC pics and watch shipped. Let me know and we will send you a free correct dial or please send it back and we will replace for you (if you dont feel good to replace the dial by yourself).

Thanks to RWI for spotting the flaws in time and minimised the damage.

Thread here: http://www.replica-w...l-125655p7.html

I guess noob factory does indeed "give a shit" about their costumer base.

No, but they do give a shit when Angus talks, as I said there is one guy they do listen to and that is Angus.

Well he is like their number 1 costumer is he not?

I really don't know how the rep watch industry works beyond the basics to be honest. My grandfather however does own a company that manufacturers car repair equipment in China however (car hoists, tire balancers etc.). He has bitch and complained to me a few times how they try to pass off components as acceptable and make shortcuts to the point where he and his engineers have to go in and tell them to smarten up or they will take their business elsewhere (in a more subtle way ofcourse). My grandfather is the factory's costumer, not the clientele he sells to.

I imagined it worked in a similar way for reps, which it probably doesn't since it is contraband but free market reasoning nonetheless.

ZellerFTW

I really don't know how the rep watch industry works beyond the basics to be honest. My grandfather however does own a company that manufacturers car repair equipment in China however (car hoists, tire balancers etc.). He has bitch and complained to me a few times how they try to pass off components as acceptable and make shortcuts to the point where he and his engineers have to go in and tell them to smarten up or they will take their business elsewhere (in a more subtle way ofcourse). My grandfather is the factory's costumer, not the clientele he sells to.

I imagined it worked in a similar way for reps, which it probably doesn't since it is contraband but free market reasoning nonetheless.

I hear you... I used to work for a company that sold a computing device. Our manufacturer was in San Jose, CA. Someone got the big fucking idea of saving $20 per unit (a $400 device) by moving everything to China.

Eight months of back and forth, production delays, sample rejections, we finally got our first shipment of production devices. The issues we had were them trying to change screw types, things off by 0.5mm from spec so the cases wouldn't fit together, bad solder joints, poor finishing on the cases... As a member of the management team, I told them it was a bad, bad idea from the start, unless they were prepared to have someone in China, boots on the ground, to oversee every detail as it happened. But no, we had some hot shit kid who thought he could do everything via Skype and email.

By the time we had good units being produced, we had lost so much business due to lack of supply that the business took a pretty big hit in what was otherwise a nascent market. Three years after I left, the company went out of business. Those eight months I still view as a critical failure.

While it's easy to see that the math of $20 per unit adds up, especially when you're selling 250-500 units at a time, it means nothing if you can't deliver on time. (e.g. If you only have 1000 to sell, but have orders for 2000, I'd rather pay a pittance more for manufacturing to get volume and market share -- especially in a land grab scenario!)