Sign in to follow this  
ALE7575

Dial ISSUE at "2" in PAM 111 V3 Noob

ALE7575

Detected by amperes here in RWG

WARNING !!!!!!!

BE CAREFUL ACCEPTING QC PICS OF PAM 111 V3 FROM NOOB FACTORY

FOR GENERAL INFORMATION

There are some watches PAM 111 V3 from Noob with a dial issue in font of the "2"

This is the dial "2" issue you must detect in QC pics:

PAM111V3DIALDIFERENTEEN2copiar.jpg

The "2" at RIGHT is COMPLETELY WRONG

The flaw is serious and very noticeable

We have already detected about five or six watches here and in RWI

ALE

Realism

I don't get this "The flaw is serious and very noticeable"...

I understand that it is a production and cosmetic flaw... but no way in heck that it is noticeable by any Tom, Dick and Harry who just glances off your wrist.

Secondly, how the heck is this flaw serious, when it doesn't affect the structural integrity of the watch itself A.K.A it will continue to work.

10:10 Watch Repair

so noticeable that Panerai doesn't even notice when they make their watches wrong:

D-2g.jpeg

Realism

Chris... your dial must be a rep :giggle:

g.man

THIS IS CLEARLY THE END OF DAYS.

Luthier

:rofl:

We've got a teacher...

James.

The v3 Noob 111 is meant to be cosmetically one of the closest reps to the gen you can get. Pity about these new batches of incorrect dials. If I was paying$350+ for one of these i'd want to be sure it's not one of the poor replications. I think a few "freshies" might get ants in their pants if they just bought one :lmao:

Oh, and for the record, if it were anyone else bringing this up flame on, but Ale is the empirical PAM expert and obviously knows his shit. I'd liken it to people getting shitty over a crappy Rolex pearl... not noticable to the regular pleb but blatant to the few.

jeffw69
:heli:

Jay123

^this is exactly why i raised it :)

ALE7575

I don't get this "The flaw is serious and very noticeable"...

I understand that it is a production and cosmetic flaw... but no way in heck that it is noticeable by any Tom, Dick and Harry who just glances off your wrist.

Secondly, how the heck is this flaw serious, when it doesn't affect the structural integrity of the watch itself A.K.A it will continue to work.

Not important as a watch

Very important as a replica, bearing in mind the quality of the current replicas

Just a point of view

Anyway: Up to you

ALE

Realism

So i guess even OP got their dials wrong heh?

And unless you're trying to be something you're not with these PAMs rep A.K.A a player or a douchebag... no one will even notice a little "2" on a dial...

ALE7575

so noticeable that Panerai doesn't even notice when they make their watches wrong:

D-2g.jpeg

This is a sausage dial not Sandwich

Even there are PAM Sandwich dials with this kind of font but they are old version not modern watches

ALE

Lokin

.......Seriously?

houndoggie

D-2g.jpeg

Ok, this is my "expertise" area.

Pam sausage dials are different than the sausage dials on the "2".

For pamopiles, the 2 font is a big issue. It sticks out like a site thumb. For the creme de la creme ( :giggle: ) PAM rep its a big disappointment.

For most rep collectors it may seem like no big deal, but it is.

This is a sausage dial not Sandwich

Even there are PAM Sandwich dials with this kind of font but they are old version not modern watches

ALE

I think I'm aware of that.

For pamopiles, the 2 font is a big issue. It sticks out like a site thumb. For the creme de la creme ( :giggle: ) PAM rep its a big disappointment.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but:

panerai-111.jpeg

houndoggie

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but:

panerai-111.jpeg

That's an old 111h rep.

rhounsell

Some may find this serious others may not but I think it is important to share knowledge like this.....thanks for the post ALE!

jeffw69
Some may find this serious others may not but I think it is important to share knowledge like this.....thanks for the post ALE!

Yes, thank you ALE.

That's an old 111h rep.

Thereabouts. The font changed with the rollerball CG.

Really, I just have to mock the sky is falling WARNING!!!!! or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

James.

If it was me and I was paying reasonable dosh for a v3 111 I'd want the one which was advertised. The dial switch-up may not be a big issue for some but the dealers should be aware of it, the factories obviously know, and there should be a disclaimer. Like I said, I haven't bought one but if I had and got the bad batch dials, i'd be fkin pissed because it's not what was advertised and not what I paid for. It's like buying a AP v3 diver and finding out they've put the v2 inner bezel on it. Not a big deal for some but a huge error for others.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh and p.s. the "6" is also off...

Realism

Really, I just have to mock the sky is falling WARNING!!!!! or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

+2M...Especially when they are more things to worry about... like for example if it's going to even work when it reaches your hands

Realism

but the dealers should be aware of it,

I would disagree with this statement... Unless you look for faults... with a glance... you can't even tell

houndoggie

That's an old 111h rep.

Thereabouts. The font changed with the rollerball CG.

On the gen, the font changed when the 111 went from sausge to sandwich. On the reps, the wholesale change came with the h-factory 111. Circa 2009-2010, all the 111h reps had curvy 2 sandwich dials, except DSN and Little Hero (who made there own dials). At the time, LH was charging $1200 for his 111h rep ($250 for dial and hands).