Sign in to follow this  
ALE7575

Dial ISSUE at "2" in PAM 111 V3 Noob

Realism

.It may not be a big deal to some of you but it may be a deal breaker for others. Not everyone is the same and shares the mentality of "close enough". Fuck, look at all the franken watches you see, accuracy is obviously important to some people.

Then this hobby is definitely not for such a people, mate. Most of reps have much more serious flaws, and we live with it perfectly.

Seriously, what, you're buying a gen. for fucking $200-$300??? Or you seriously think rep factories give a shit about some people analism???

It's not that it does or doesn't have flaws, it's that the one which is advertised as being "v3 N111" is not the same as the one you may get.

Still, at least this makes a pleasant change from the majority of recent topics like "where can I get 1:1 TAG/Rolex/IWC" etc :lol:

Sorry... again disagree... the dial is more of a cosmetic flaw... not a mis advertise by the dealers... because dealers have no control over production... and like mentioned... no Tom, Dick and Harry will even see this on anyone's wrists

The dealers sold it, in the real world liability would fall on them. Same applies, If I were to own a BMW dealership and the importer runs out of 330i's and re-badges a 330d with an "i" badge and passed it onto me, i'm unaware but If I sell that to a customer I have the liability because I've sold something under the premis of it being something it's not. In this case it is extrapolated but the logic still applies.

Dealers have no control over supply but can reject the watches should they wish. Nothing wrong with emailing the buyer and saying "sorry, the v3's are out of stock/not so good/ bad batch etc" I'm not saying they knew prior but whether they know or not is irrelevant it should fall back on them. It is however, the wild west of China so basic western notions don't always apply, especially to reps. It'd be interesting to get a dealers POV on this, whether they knew or not because they wont be happy either, especially if the factories have deliberatly deceived them as well.

I don't have a dog in this fight, i'm quite satisfied with my upgraded beginner 111 but I can empathise with anyone who's recently shelled out the $$$ and reading this topic now and realising they didn't get what they wanted. Maybe they wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for this thread? Cest la vie.

Again in your importer case... Customer will sue the dealership and the dealership will be suing the importer... all in all the importer will be one found guilty... dealership wasn't the one that modified the car...

Again, I am going to maintain the standpoint... if the QC photos were not even posted to the public... would anyone have noticed it in the first place?

You made a statement... I play the devil's advocate... just because you agree with ALE doesn't make my points invalid...

emmune

and it gets worse, this one's mine:

IMG_0428.jpg

That's the right 2 & 6 but if that's an N version you got the wrong hands. How you gonna sleep at night now?

.It may not be a big deal to some of you but it may be a deal breaker for others. Not everyone is the same and shares the mentality of "close enough". Fuck, look at all the franken watches you see, accuracy is obviously important to some people.

Then this hobby is definitely not for such a people, mate. Most of reps have much more serious flaws, and we live with it perfectly.

Seriously, what, you're buying a gen. for fucking $200-$300??? Or you seriously think rep factories give a shit about some people analism???

ummm... There are plenty of people on these fora that are very anal and collect reps, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Secondly, have the quality of reps not increased dramatically over the last few years? Does this not indicate that they do in fact give a shit about some people's anal-ism because it means they will sell more watches!?

All that aside, this was a switching of dials, something being sold that wasn't advertised. Which is the real problem.

To point 1.) Plenty is overstatement... To Point 2.) It is due to the lower costs of the CNC machines compared to in the past... To Point 3.) If factory really cares.... why aren't the watch waterproofed... To Point 4.) the dial is more of a cosmetic flaw... not a mis advertise by the dealers... because dealers have no control over production

Okay whatever, your right. Everyone that takes accuracy into account when purchasing a rep is a moron. Replicas have only improved because of lower machining cost and had nothing to do with the market/buyer base. And advertising a watch as v3 then getting a different watch is not mis-advertisement because the differences are small ( I am not blaming the dealers for this by the way). Gotcha.

O2gJV.png

Edited by emmune

10:10 Watch Repair

Not flaming Ale specifically. But any more than three exclamation points and two stars in the title of a thread that's not followed by a nuclear disaster, and you gotta expect some heat.

Realism

IMG_0428.jpg

That's the right 2 & 6 but if that's an N version you got the wrong hands. How you gonna sleep at night now?

ummm... There are plenty of people on these fora that are very anal and collect reps, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Secondly, have the quality of reps not increased dramatically over the last few years? Does this not indicate that they do in fact give a shit about some people's anal-ism because it means they will sell more watches!?

All that aside, this was a switching of dials, something being sold that wasn't advertised. Which is the real problem.

To point 1.) Plenty is overstatement... To Point 2.) It is due to the lower costs of the CNC machines compared to in the past... To Point 3.) If factory really cares.... why aren't the watch waterproofed... To Point 4.) the dial is more of a cosmetic flaw... not a mis advertise by the dealers... because dealers have no control over production

Okay whatever, your right. Everyone that takes accuracy into account when purchasing a rep is a moron. Replicas have only improved because of lower machining cost and had nothing to do with the market/buyer base. And advertising a watch as v3 then getting a different watch is not mis-advertisement because the differences are small. Gotcha.

O2gJV.png

Answer my question: people care about waterproofing a lot... why hasn't the rep factories done it yet??? please do tell me... pretty please

emmune

Not flaming Ale specifically. But any more than three exclamation points and two stars in the title of a thread that's not followed by a nuclear disaster, and you gotta expect some heat.

Agreed, your statement was fine. Don't care about poking fun at people at all. However, the others that think that everyone should have the same train of thought as them though....

IMG_0428.jpg

Okay whatever, your right. Everyone that takes accuracy into account when purchasing a rep is a moron. Replicas have only improved because of lower machining cost and had nothing to do with the market/buyer base. And advertising a watch as v3 then getting a different watch is not mis-advertisement because the differences are small. Gotcha.

O2gJV.png

Answer my question: people care about waterproofing a lot... why hasn't the rep factories done it yet??? please do tell me... pretty please

What does that have to do with anything we are discussing? Maybe in a few years they will be putting out much better waterproofing if that's what people want. As of right now don't they have waterproofing to 50m if you ask for it?

Realism

Agreed, your statement was fine. Don't care about poking fun at people at all. However, the others that think that everyone should have the same train of thought as them though....

IMG_0428.jpg

O2gJV.png

What does that have to do with anything we are discussing? Maybe in a few years they will be putting out much better waterproofing if that's what people want. As of right now don't they have waterproofing to 50m if you ask for it?

it doesn't but just because you agree with ALE... doesn't make anyone else who disagrees not RIGHT... so suck it up because I do enjoy playing devil's advocate and shove your facepalm up yours

PS: You don't ask the factories to do waterproofing... waterproofing is extra from the dealers...

Realism

To emmune;

Please tell me "The flaw is serious and very noticeable"

What makes this flaw sooooo serious... please do explain it to me... because this noob here only knows that a watch must tick and a replica is good enough if it's 95% accurate to the gen... and good enough not be called out when worn on wrist... please do enlighten me

emmune

IMG_0428.jpg

O2gJV.png

it doesn't but just because you agree with ALE... doesn't make anyone else who disagrees not RIGHT... so suck it up because I do enjoy playing devil's advocate and shove your facepalm up yours

What? I agree with ALE that the dial is different. It is is different.

I think some people would find issue with that and others would not, obviously. I'm not criticizing people who have no problem with small inconsistencies. I'm criticizing asshats who think that just because they don't take issue no one should and seemingly trying to hinder the documentation of this information.

To emmune;

Please tell me "The flaw is serious and very noticeable"

What makes this flaw sooooo serious... please do explain it to me... because this noob here only knows that a watch must tick and a replica is good enough if it's 95% accurate to the gen... and good enough not be called out when worn on wrist... please do enlighten me

I can spot the difference in 2's very easily. Whether it be a serious flaw or not is up to the buyer. Wear it on your wrist and let me get a decent look at it, and I'd be able to call you out.

I'm also glad you have a set of guidelines for when a rep is good enough, realize that those are your personal guidelines and not everyone else's.

Anyways I'm done with this conversation since it's like talking to a wall of bricks.

Edited by emmune

Realism

So asking ALE what makes the flaw so serious is hindering documentation... what happens to free speech and open communication and last but not least, playing devil's advocate...

12lurk

OK,

I bought one, looking at it right now. Am I upset?

Yes, I feel a bit burned, but I will get over it.

No, I know its a rep and plan to wear it as a beater so that I don't fuck up my gen 320 (yes I am a klutz). I would be more upset if it stopped working.

Realism

OK,

I bought one, looking at it right now. Am I upset?

Yes, I feel a bit burned, but I will get over it.

No, I know its a rep and plan to wear it as a beater so that I don't fuck up my gen 320 (yes I am a klutz). I would be more upset if it stopped working.

Thank you for having some common sense that a working watch is better than a dial which 99.19467262% of the world population couldn't even tell a difference on

LightGeek

Jebus, I thought the factories were on fire by the way the title is. Maybe this is the new v3. This is the new status quo. Who knows.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this message.

Realism

Jebus, I thought the factories were on fire by the way the title is. Maybe this is the new v3. This is the new status quo. Who knows.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this message.

LG - Be wary... some random strangers may smack you on the head and call you a fake when they see the dial on your V3

hnic

so this was serious..

Realism

so this was serious..

Very much so... because 0.0080532738% of the world population call tell the difference in a rep on a dial from 10 miles away

12lurk

You are welcome,

I in fact appreciate all the work you guys have done to document the differences in the various PAM's. The RWI guide is an impressive piece of work and I think has played a huge role in improving the quality of PAM reps.

One question though, if this is such a HUGE issue, then why is there not such a big deal being made on what to me is the biggest tell of all.

The fact that all the rep watch movements I have are at least twice as loud as the gens I have heard.

To me that would be the easiest way to spot a rep.

IMG_0428.jpg

That's my point exactly.

Take a closer look at that watch...

Realism

IMG_0428.jpg

That's my point exactly.

Take a closer look at that watch...

it's a mis advertisement from the dealers OMFG... Please ask for your money back Chris

emmune

Naw the v2 had those hands advertised.

Edited by emmune

it's a mis advertisement from the dealers OMFG... Please ask for your money back Chris

closer...

emmune

closer...

I'm guessing it's a gen? but if it's gen its not an n series. So I'm missing your point.

here's your hint:

IMG_0434-1.jpg

closer...

I'm guessing it's a gen? but if it's gen its not an n series. So I'm missing your point.

Point being, if you can't tell the difference, this thread should have less exclamation points.

emmune

here's your hint:

IMG_0434-1.jpg

closer...

Point being, if you can't tell the difference, this thread should have less exclamation points.

True but like I said, if it's not an n series it should have those hands. So again I'm not getting what you were pointing out? What was wrong with that watch?

Edited by emmune

Fiddo

I believe Ale's intent was to provide some information about the Noob 111V3, It was being made with one type of dial/font ( the "2" in the 12) and now it seems to be different. Some find that information useful and interesting and some don't. I think it's interesting.

Not sure why the messenger is being attacked, though.

True but like I said, if it's not an n series it should have those hands. So again I'm not getting what you were pointing out? What was wrong with that watch?

In plainer language: the hysteria of the OP needs to be in line with the flaw he's pointing out.

That's it.

The watch is a gen, and even though it has the correct 2, no one will know the difference. (I got that from the Panerai marketing materials BTW)

If you want a better rep dial, no problem, I'm really not mocking that. But seriously, did you read the title of this thread?