Sign in to follow this  
frazman

Newbie IWC 7750 Problem Removed case back advice pls

frazman

Hi all have just purchased an IWC 7750 chrono from Toro - it's had a pronounced internal rattle since delivery but had been working fine until it stopped earlier today! Rattle got worse and if i shook the watch gently it would start workign again only to stop later.

After reading up on here have just removed the case back using the duct tape method. Firstly the O ring from the case back is badly out of shape is this normal after first time removal? If my tape measure is correct assume it's 30 mm O ring on this model, if so where is the best place to source a replacement?

Next thing i noticed is that the screw from the centre of the rotor just fell out when i gently turned the watch over, so i'm going to have to refix that once i've found a screwdriver small enough for it! Does the rotor have to be reinstalled in a set position of is anywhere fine? I gently turned the rotor to see if it was catching on the case and it appears to rubbing be slightly, I made the unfortunate error of turning it clockwise form the rear also and that didn't sound to good and it appears my chrono has stopped working as a result???? can this be reset?

Any help with this greatly appreciated as i'm pretty stressed out out with this!!

regards Fraz

N.B I have taken some photo's but typically my lead to download them is no where to be found at the moment!

Edited by frazman

10:10 Watch Repair

You may have more than one problem.

You can install the rotor in any position and you can turn it in either direction.

You can get gaskets from ofrei.com but you will need to buy a bunch for the MOQ.

frazman

Hi 1010 -thanks for the reply. may have have more than 1 probelm in what respect? Sorry I'm knew to all this! Buy a bunch of gaskets for the MOQ what is this pls. Also the small single screw that holds the rotor do you know what size screwdriver I would need to tighetn this pls. Thansk again