Sign in to follow this  
cwest84r

Deployment Buckle ????

cwest84r

Hi guys just notice most of the replicas with leather strap does not come with deployment buckle only the normal clasp buckle. Any ideas where am i able to purchase one ???

DannyBoy818

check the member to member sells section or any of our TD's

Luthier

Not sure about deployment buckle, but you can ask any dealer about deployant buckle. They'll sell it to you.

And, don't scream, please.

;)

trailboss99

LOL, as Luth says: A deployment is what one sends one's troops on, a deployant is a clasp for a watch strap.

cwest84r

Not sure about deployment buckle, but you can ask any dealer about deployant buckle. They'll sell it to you.

And, don't scream, please.

;)

Sigh really have to learn more about watches!

raevyn00

Speaking of deployment...anyone know if I'd be able to get leather straps to fit the deployment buckle on my Tag Pendulum? I know that leather straps tend to be a bit thicker than the rubber so not sure if it would work.

grb

Torro sells them

trailboss99

Speaking of deployment...anyone know if I'd be able to get leather straps to fit the deployment buckle on my Tag Pendulum? I know that leather straps tend to be a bit thicker than the rubber so not sure if it would work.

As we said, it's deployant, not deployment.

grb

Just re read it. You'll have to modify your strap if you intend to put a deployment delpoly dopleym folding clasp on it, because the tails of the strap are not so thick, and in some instances they won't close

houndoggie

try international watchman or panatime for sterile deployant clasps for standard leather straps.

grb

Hounds is right, I forgot Panatime have them for normal straps unbranded though, and wider than 22mm

trailboss99

try international watchman or panatime for sterile deployant clasps for standard leather straps.

I pointed him at international watchman in the SB this arvo mate.

houndoggie

I pointed him at international watchman in the SB this arvo mate.

IWI is the pimp for cheap strap junkies.

trailboss99

They are, damn good value as well.

Now, if only they took PP or OS credit cards . . .

houndoggie

his website is from 1943.. I wish he'd update it with better payment processing (or has he?) He would sell a lot more, I'd think.

Realism

It's D E P L O Y A N T.... a deployment is when you get deployed overseas by the millitary/ your job...

Yes I am anal lol

raevyn00

Lol...DEPLOYANT! Happy?

It's like blood in the water for a bunch of sharks!

and Thank you, someone referred me to IWI last night and I contacted them.

trailboss99

his website is from 1943.. I wish he'd update it with better payment processing (or has he?) He would sell a lot more, I'd think.

No, he hasn't. They sell a lot of product but it's basically a mum&pop operation. I have had several email exchanges with them urging them to take PayPal ("we don't need to, we don't sell on eBay" :facepalm") or get a CC processor so they can take OS cards but they just won't. I have a feeling they are technophobes. I gave up which is a pity because for me to buy from them I need to have someone in the US buy for me and re-ship. Yes, they would sell a hell of a lot more if the dragged themselves kicking and screaming into the 90s let alone the 21st century.

houndoggie

No, he hasn't. They sell a lot of product but it's basically a mum&pop operation. I have had several email exchanges with them urging them to take PayPal ("we don't need to, we don't sell on eBay" :facepalm") or get a CC processor so they can take OS cards but they just won't. I have a feeling they are technophobes. I gave up which is a pity because for me to buy from them I need to have someone in the US buy for me and re-ship. Yes, they would sell a hell of a lot more if the dragged themselves kicking and screaming into the 90s let alone the 21st century.

I too had many emails with Ron about it. Nice fella, but set in his ways.