Silverspeed

How to photograph watches

fusion

All you guys with the over the top camera skills should collaborate, toss all you best shots in one thread, have the membership vote the top twelve, and turn it into the official RWG calendar. Maybe someone can format it so it could be printed nicely or knock out a few for premiums when becoming VIP/Supporters. Based on the shots i've seen, the talent and material is already here. Just a thought.

jjm4a2
IMG_20130820_125648.jpg

jms137

Crikey wish I'd read this before photographing all my watches (

Duchess#1

Photography and watches...love it! What a great way to combine two hobbies! Some stunning photos here, truly made me think I was looking at photos from a catalog and in some cases better than!

In regards to light boxes, I've used a plastic storage box on its side before for great results, that's if you can't get your hands on a proper light box and want a quick solution.

Ashi

Hi,

First of all thank you for this useful post.

Reading the posts about taking photos and visiting TD’s website I’d like to write a message to TDs how to make their site more readable but I will not do that. I won’t because as a new member I cannot write a letter polite enough lack of any reputation in my point of view. On the other hand this post is a good place to write down my experience and hope someone of YOU a friend of the TDs could write a letter to TDs helping them get better so please welcome my experience.

I’d like to mention the website of Jackson Tse. This site needs a bit improvement about taking photos in my opinion. Photos are not so pretty and some of the cases are blurred:

http://www.jacksontse.com/new/product-page.php?product_id=562

because the photographer holds the digital camera in this hand and/or the lights/camera not okay maybe

http://www.jacksontse.com/new/product-page.php?product_id=299

that is why it is very hard the figure out what a thumbnail image shows in some of the cases for example MM181, 284 at

http://jacksontse.com/new/product-list.php?catlv2_id=7

even checking the hires photos of MM215 for example at

http://jacksontse.com/new/product-list.php?catlv2_id=8

I know it is no sense to retake all the photos but he could use the knowledge of these posts on creating photos of the new items. It would be very nice.

Thank you

Baldrick

Good luck :D

Klink

LOL!

Life is Good!

pe2six

Great tutorial, Now have the light box build but still have one problem.

I don't fit in it to make that one super wrist shot!!!

:giggle:

EC6669

Great tutorial.

Now searching eBay: "Light tent".

Thanks!!

Trueblue1989

Thanks for posting this I will be sure to load them up when I get purchasing

Jared125

Very usefull tips

JeffSpicoli

Excellent shots and great write up. Off to eBay now to get a kit!

Sam007

wow, thx for this tutorial. I will look back to this thread when i can sell some watches in the m2m section :-)

Prcowboy

Ya i'm excited to start taking pictures of my stuff, I have a very nice camera that I can take clear crisp close ups with, have never photographed a watch before lol... I had originally been wanting to purchase a macro lens to take pics of other things like nature and such close up and wondered if it would be beneficial to use for watches :) Good pics there my boy

Mr_B

Another fantastic thread. Would not of thought to use a light tent but it makes a big difference, could easily make one qith some cardboard and some white linen.

glennstoy

Thanks for the insight....

AmoryBlaine

Amazing thread, i'll use my best D90...

Thanks for the tips

jer2911tx

that's like professional-level stuff.

it definitely makes a huge difference and the pics come out great, but I don't plan on needing to sell enough to make it worth buying a light tent and actual gear.

unless the pics all just come out like crap, then I guess I will have to figure something out

BenjaminButton
that's like professional-level stuff.

it definitely makes a huge difference and the pics come out great, but I don't plan on needing to sell enough to make it worth buying a light tent and actual gear.

unless the pics all just come out like crap, then I guess I will have to figure something out

Taking great photos of ones watches has nothing to with selling them. This is about enjoying the process and results of photographing watches and of course for the love of watches.

shaunb84

Some great tips in here thanks, I think I better upgrade my camera from the Iphone!

omega11

good advice thanks

titleistap02

I wonder if I can do this on my iphone lol. I don't have the money to buy a setup like this.

Baldrick
I don't have the money to buy a setup like this.

Yet, you have the money to buy fake watches and an IPhone........I'd love to see you standing on the street corner....piss-pot in the hand that's sporting an AP LBJ... :facepalm:

onzenuub
:rofl:

jameszer

Very professional shooting information, for just learning goat bothering is very useful for me, thank you, I will try to sell my goats to you according to this method.

goat%20vend.jpg