sardonix

Panerai 187 ultimate noob

kolchak

Correct cg orientation for reference...

187j.jpg

There's probably a comparo thread somewhere but rep looks spot on to above.

May try wearing a man hole cover to develop comfort level with size.

sardonix
Hi I am new to all this nice watch where did you get it from ? Cheers

Hi mate any dealer can get you one. This is the ultimate version with 7753 movement.

Some info from the great pam guide from Ale on RWI

The gen PAM 187 was a Unique Special Edition of 1000 pieces in 2004, one year truly prolific in these runs and especially as relates to submersibles. It is a stunning watch made of brushed SS 47mm and He valve. For the first time appears in the line Submersible the Chrono function (movement OP XII) with threaded pushers ensuring waterproof 1000 meters...a true instrument!

The reps of PAM 187 G-series come with either A7750 or A7753 movement and have an impressive replica quality. The A7750 reps have non working date adjustment @10, and you will have to do the date adjustment via crown. The A7753 have working date adjustment @10.

The replicas fitted by A7753 (with working date adjustment @10) are Super reps. We can consider the A7750 very good quality reps or even First Class reps if you can live with the non working pusher @10 and a more sunken date whell, less quality lume…

The PAM 187 is very big and has a very Sub style but it can be considered like good candidate for a first Panerai replica.

PAM187-deficopiar.jpg

diplosa

One day, I'll have one of this... Thumbs up.

sardonix

I have been wearing it for a week now, and must say think it is a keeper for me.

About the size sometimes people hesitate on buying such a watch. Do not let the size be a deal breaker for you. I am also used to 40mm watches. And in comfort this one is a great design the case shape and quality of the rubber strap let it sit on my wrist in a very natural way. Much more balanced like a Breitling SA on rubber which was never comfortable for me.

It is big, it is thick but never feels chunky or unbalanced.

The 7753 movement keeps very good time, i am happy with it.

So far a Panerai i do like : )

8qYeQ.jpg

yawn

somehow my first impression of this watch is 'oh shit, a fat ass watch'

oscarmadfish

i will say it again = BEAUTIFUL

Andrey PAM

Could get one from a dealer who used it himself. So got a big discount on the list price.

So far i sold all the Pams i bought :rolleyes:

We will see if i can get friends with this one, came in today.

Lc4xJ.jpg

CMwom.jpg

7zUeX.jpg

bRUUz.jpg

95MrD.jpg

l3A4K.jpg

vDt2T.jpg

kjILc.jpg

sardonix, I congratulate you!!!

One of the best PAM Submersible:)

medezonok

Hello! I very much like these hours, but I saw the video where there is a chronograph problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd9HCVSTn4c

You look attentively when pressing the button there is a rotation of a head of a key. Tell this problem of all copies or not? whether the problem is interestingly solved with figures on BEZEL? they are pasted or soldered?

Edited by medezonok

kasper618

I wish these had the more whiter lume color on the hands like the gen! Still at the top of my wishlist though!! Nice watch mate

Wristel

I have been wearing it for a week now, and must say think it is a keeper for me.

About the size sometimes people hesitate on buying such a watch. Do not let the size be a deal breaker for you. I am also used to 40mm watches. And in comfort this one is a great design the case shape and quality of the rubber strap let it sit on my wrist in a very natural way. Much more balanced like a Breitling SA on rubber which was never comfortable for me.

It is big, it is thick but never feels chunky or unbalanced.

The 7753 movement keeps very good time, i am happy with it.

So far a Panerai i do like : )

8qYeQ.jpg

if you ever gonna sell it.. let me know!...

wooky492

Hello! I very much like these hours, but I saw the video where there is a chronograph problem

You look attentively when pressing the button there is a rotation of a head of a key. Tell this problem of all copies or not? whether the problem is interestingly solved with figures on BEZEL? they are pasted or soldered?

Do you mind if I asked what is the 'heads of a key'?

GWT

If the bezel number/markers are like the "Pam 243" they are individually screwed on from the underside! I do not know for sure on this model though?

Someone who really knows please chime in here to clarify??

The rotation of screw down outer cover of pusher would have to be in the design of the pusher itself! Would have nothing to do with the movement because the pusher is just that a pusher not connected directly to movement in any way.

sardonix

If the bezel number/markers are like the "Pam 243" they are individually screwed on from the underside! I do not know for sure on this model though?

Someone who really knows please chime in here to clarify??

Took a good look with a loupe, and you must be right.

There is space under the numbers, that could also be the reason small clothing fibers get stuck under the edges of the numerals easy :D

To cheer you all up from anal details made some fresh pics today, enjoy the watch.

8ddgzGw.jpg

7VXFhDX.jpg

17MMDmq.jpg

stal

Nice

greg_r

Wearing mine today (this one is about 18 months old now).

pam187-030513.JPG

sardonix

Looks like yesterday made, strap matches also great.

Wristel

Can any one tell me if the crown has a position for changing date like the 7750 ver. or is it just with the "tool"...

....Good to know cus the date pusher seems to be a week spot on the 7753 ver.

greg_r

No, the date change is the pusher at 10.

FWIW mine is two years old now and has never been a problem - but I am careful when unscrewing the pusher for use.

TheInthusiest

I think me should get one. I'd pair it with my 243 :P

Wristel

So if it would break the only way to change the date is to set the time forward?...

Curious because there is on in m2m on RWI with "The date changer thing doesn't work very well".. Wouldn't bother me if there would be another way (besides turning time forward) to set the date..

Jonnybaws

Was about to order a Don Roman, to get over my RG Phobia..

But ended up getting this...

I just can't commit to RG :giggle:

Besides, I don't have enough Pams in the collection :suck:

Jonnybaws

I think me should get one. I'd pair it with my 243 :P

Thats exactly what I intend on doing..

Seeing some of the straps on the 187.. got me thinking about another project for Jon!

Il_Paneristi

That's a big beautiful watch

richardhurst

Just in the process of ordering one of these myself via Perfect Clones. Looking forward to receiving it.

perry

The date change mechanism is not very stable. Suggest you use the crown to change the date rather than the quick date change function. I never touch the quick date change on my 187.