Sign in to follow this  
hdd

Bitten by the Panerai Bug

hdd

Hi Seniors,

I was bitten by the PAM bug!!!

The antidote I need is either a PAM 111N V3 or a 029M V2.

Here's my question:

In your opinion, which one looks closer to the Gen?

I'm a newbie and am sorry if this is a noob question. Thank you for your time : )

Happy holidays, guys!

hdd

houndoggie

111N v3 is closer to gen

but the 029 is a fabulous watch. GET BOTH!!

Del

Both are absolutely fantastic - neither one is closer to the gen than the other imo. The 111 has a display caseback so actually has more movement "tells" than the 029 since it has a closed caseback.

If you only buy one (and you should buy both!) then the 111 is certainly the first one I'd buy - it is quite simply as good as a gen (and if like me you put a gen strap on it then it's as good as identical ;) ).

Hazz

both have there flaws, but both are superb, may I suggest that you go for the 111 as your first Pam, you just cannot go wrong.

Crusader

This might not be the best idea to get a Pam... maybe you'll like it and then there is no end of them :lol:

projectologist
This might not be the best idea to get a Pam... maybe you'll like it and then there is no end of them :lol:

hdd... heed his warning before buying your first PAM :)

Hazz

Buy your first Pam, then a Breitling, then u are in trouble........................

hdd

Thanks so much for the replies and advice! I love this forum : )

I think I'd better start choosing a TD.

Hope you guys won't mind helping me check the QC pics in the near future.

seclark007
Doomed.jpg

Bash64

you will eventually NEED them both anyway. May as well just order both now.

watch.aholic

Yeah...It doesn't matter which one you buy first coz you are going to have to buy the other one anyways, later.

hdd

Well yes... I'm seriously considering getting them both. Not this time though. Because I'm also very much hooked by the Omega PO, the ultimate version.

houndoggie
Well yes... I'm seriously considering getting them both. Not this time though. Because I'm also very much hooked by the Omega PO, the ultimate version.

Pass on the PO. Good watch and all, but not in the same class as the PAM reps.

tamages

Trust me, once you got yourself the Pam, you most probably would put the PO on sale.

I seriously considering selling my Gen seamaster after I got my self 2 rep pam.

Am I crazy or what? The seamaster just don't have the wrist time anymore...

Edited by tamages

Burnleybezel

I like PAMs but they have "Pamanoid" followers who think the "PAM" is the only watch.

Personally it's nice to have a balance, the Ult PO was my first watch, and dispite owning a PAM111

The PO still gets lots of wrist time. Get the PAM and the PO it's more of a Sportswatch than the more dressy PAM.

B.B

Crusader

Buy your first Pam, then a Breitling, then u are in trouble........................

Our hands are clean, we warned him. Now it's up to him to decide to step into Pam /Breitling trap :D

greg_r

Personally I wouldn't bother. Ultimately, the only person who is going to see the difference is you. There's no functional benefit.

Loonie

As said, get both. It will save you the hassle after you receive the first one.

I flew home from the US this morning and sat next to an extremely quiet, smart casually dressed, middle-aged man, who made it known to the cabin crew that his intention was to sleep the entire way home and would not participate in eateries. My only interaction with him the entire trip was when we were boarding and I nodded with a polite hello, to which he returned the gesture.

I usually travel business (quite a lot recently), and the first thing I do is eyeball all the watches. I've seen a few Tags, couple of rolexes, one a DSSD, a IWC Pilot, a Pam 088 and a Pam 196 (which was gorgeous, and I need to buy). This time it was a 111.

After around an hour and letting the food procession complete, he donned the eye mask and crawled under the blanky. Watch in full view. Directly to my right.

I was around 2ft away... stared for over 5mins... but I still couldn't quite make out the shape of his incabloc.

True.

Wish I'd taken a photo now to see if anyone else could spot it. :tea:

glay78

I got bitten too.

hdd

Watch in full view. Directly to my right.

I was around 2ft away... stared for over 5mins... but I still couldn't quite make out the shape of his incabloc.

True.

Wish I'd taken a photo now to see if anyone else could spot it. :tea:

Thanks for sharing!

If the upgrade is for aesthetic purpose without any functional benefits (Thanks Greg for pointing this out!), I think I can do without it.

964boy

Both are absolutely fantastic - neither one is closer to the gen than the other imo. The 111 has a display caseback so actually has more movement "tells" than the 029 since it has a closed caseback.

If you only buy one (and you should buy both!) then the 111 is certainly the first one I'd buy - it is quite simply as good as a gen (and if like me you put a gen strap on it then it's as good as identical ;) ).

dito