Sign in to follow this  
Khronos

Omega Ploprof caseback replacement

Khronos

Hi!

First of all I'd like to apologize for my English, it's not my native language. I'm also a goddamn newb, so pardon me if I make my first post a stupid one, full of retarded questions that could easily be answered using the Search function :-) .

Now let's get down to business-I've purchased my wonderful Ploprof replica from a friend of mine who claimed that it's the best rep out there. I was a bit sceptical at first, because we only have the crappy ones over here in Slovenia, but I just couldn't resist it when I first layed my eyes on it's majesty :-) So far so good, but now the black paint on the caseback engravings is starting to come off and that makes me wanna cut my wrist open..Does anyone have any idea where it can be bought? Can it be replaced without losing the water resistance?The clasp is also full of scratches, so I'd like to buy that too. Any piece of information is more than welcome, thanks in advance for your help! I've thrown all my crappy replicas away, but this one is a keeper :-)

dalboy

1 ..Clean all the remaining paint off..

2 once clean repaint with black nail varnish..let it dry then clean off the excess with acetone..

3 but a scoth pad and rub in one direction ..lenght ways on the clasp..

4 Job done sit back and enjoy..

Ohh welcome to the forum

Dal...

onionbag

I presume it's just the lettering around the caseback?

Re-paint it with matt enamel paint, allow to part dry using a hair-dryer, then wipe off the excess paint with a lint free cloth lightly wetted with nail varnish remover.

Slow I am.....:yoda:

:D

dalboy

I presume it's just the lettering around the caseback?

Re-paint it with matt enamel paint, allow to part dry using a hair-dryer, then wipe off the excess paint with a lint free cloth lightly wetted with nail varnish remover.

Slow I am..... :yoda:

:D

Keep up mate... :giggle:

Khronos

Yeah, it's just the lettering. Those are some pretty good ideas, but instead of doing the job myself, I'm gonna have to have somebody else do it for me, I'm not very patient with precision requireing tasks :-) , I'm afraid the watch might end up all f?#$ed up in the corner of my room..Does anyone sell these parts? And another thing, this watch is supposed to have sapphire crystal - is it normal that it shows signs of wear? The scratches are very minor and can be seen under certain angles, but they are there..Is it possible that only the AR coating gets scratched?

Do any of you guys come from the EU? Which trusted seller do you recommend ( customs problems and all )? I'm thinking about getting my hands on a V2 Hublot 4000m diver or a PAM187 and can't really decide which seller to buy from..I'm leaning towards Torobravo, but can't figure out which version of Hublot diver he has in stock.

Edited by thrn

Member X

Your english is better than a lot of english people's english :lol: Don't worry!!

Toro is good for shipping from within the EU. WatchInternational and Marvellous Replica also offered triangle-shipping as well, I think, but they may have stopped with the recent UK Customs problems.

Whichever of them you choose, you should be happy :)

Drop Kenny a line too - he's not far from you! :D

Luthier

1. Beat up your friend. Hard. Very hard. He scammed you.

2. Order good Ploprof from WI or MR or Toro.

3. Enjoy good watch.

yawn

ask him if your Ploprof is a V2, mine is one the way :D

Khronos

I'm trying my best with English, I've picked some up from TV and my Douglas Adams and George R.R. Martin books :-) . Important thing is that I get my questions and ideas across to you guys, I'm glad I've found a bunch of people who are locked in the same watch insanity asylum as I am ;-)

I'm not sure about the version of my Ploprof, I've bought it in February 2011 from a friend, who has bought it from a guy in Croatia that handles high quality replicas ( you don't want to know about the prices, goddamn..) The watch is very decently made, I've had some pretty high class gens in my life and this one is not far behind, it's very solid, accurate, has about 2 days of power reserve, has an amazing rubber strap with all serial numbers, correct engravings and everything. I was told that it has a swiss movement, but I doubt it. I'm never angry at a person who sells this kind of watch, the only person who is to blame is the buyer, the final decision is up to him, so..I've found pictures of this V2 and mine looks exactly the same. The lettering coming off might be a result of my aggresive manly sweat :-) , I wear the watch every day in pretty harsh conditions.

So you say Toro? I'm gonna have to drop him a line and ask about the version of Hublot diver he's selling. Kenny is all hyped about V2 being better than V3, is that true?

Khronos

Here's the problem ( finally got around to make a photobucket account :-) )

DSC00143_zps092b2488.jpg

Edited by thrn