Sign in to follow this  
court

Hi from the UK

court

Hello people,

Just a brief introduction so when I ask dumbass questions you can at least know a little about me when you tell me not to ask dumbass questions and go and read and learn :giggle:

Im from Manchester in the UK (therefore I am clearly a Man City fan :D) and I have family in NJ in the US so know the relevance of that will be lost on most of you :rolleyes: . My paternal grandfather was a watch and clock repairman and by all accounts a pretty good one. I have come to realise that whilst I have other expensive hobbies owning multiple actual gen high spec watches is a little beyond me financially. I do though admire the look of many classic brands and can appreciate the work that goes into reps.

I collect 60's records and here I'm a bit of a purist and only the real thing will do. The reps in the record field all have their tells too and although they'll often sound the same owning a bootleg record just isn't satisfying at all. I have been known to trade rep watches for quality 45's in the past.

I'd like to say that I'd inherited some of my grandfathers talent and would like to have the time and financial security to learn some of the craft he loved; but I'm affraid thats never going to happen. So I'm limited to playing around with the movements from numerous reps (often unsucessfully) :( but enjoy that all the same.

You'll hopefully soon get to learn that my photography skills need as much work as my watch repair ones as I will post pics of acquisitions when they happen.

Hopefully this will help me avoid a sh1tstorm when I ask something that's been answered 100 times before. I look forward to learning more and contributing when I can.

Court

Greenhat

Don't worry about asking dumbass questions there is quite a few dumbass members who will reply to them

and welcome blue moon

Amit

Welcome mate

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG, hope you learn much and enjoy your stay.

Regards,

Jan

funkyfishter

Hi court,

I too am from Manchester and I am unfortunately for you a United fan (a man u fan from Manchester! a rarity!) however I am sure we can leave the rivalry at the door ;)

I am new to collecting and am thinking of getting a PAM111 from Reg as a first purchase. Would welcome any feedback or views on this.

Ta

Brian

Greenhat

I will get the prawn sandwiches ready OK

funkyfishter

Ha, I'm not one of those!! Season ticket holder from Manchester! And i hate prawns! Prefer.... :beer3:

greg_r

Welcome, mate. Always good to see another Brit joining up :damnthecolonials: :thumbsup2:

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

court

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

I wish it was that simple. Anything I saved from not being here would go on vinyl anyway at least with a watch you can wear it as well as listen to it :D

Greenhat

Ha, I'm not one of those!! Season ticket holder from Manchester! And i hate prawns! Prefer.... :beer3:

Heard you manc can knock back a shandy or two

funkyfishter

Ha, just a few ;)

replicastuff

Welcome, nice intro.

AS90

Liverpool fan on The Wirral here. Welcome!

crewe

Another Man Utd fan here, from Manchester living in Cheshire.

dalboy

Welcome to the forum..

Not often we get a decent introduction here..nice to see.....Enjoy..

Dal.....

knightsfield

Welcome. I'm new here as well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jcollin4

always good to hear from new members...