Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

New clones of Eta Valgranges movement.

Luthier

Finally it's arrived. Clones of Eta Valgranges A07.111 and A07.211 with chrono function.

First clones were employed on Chopard replicas.

Here's description from gen. site:

A calibre that embodies the ETA values

Watchmakers are familiar with the exceptional quality of ETA movements. Moreover, the company has the exceptional power to manufacture quality precision products. The Valjoux is prized for its reliability, its robustness, its high precision and also for its power: The mainspring rewinds with extraordinary speed – it just takes a few movements of the wrist to furnish the watch with energy. For the spring to reach its full 46 hours’ power reserve, a few hours of wrist movement will suffice. Of course, all the other advantages of the Valjoux are also included in the Valgranges calibre.

Like the Valjoux, the Valgranges calibre is available in a series of movements equipped with different features but all of identical dimensions (same diameter, same height), an uncommon advantage for clients.

Valgranges A07.111 Hour, minute, second and date.

Valgranges A07.161 Hour, minute, second, date and power reserve.

Valgranges A07.171 Hour, minute, second, date and 24 hour hand with second time mechanism.

Valgranges A07.211 Hour, minute, second, date and chronograph.

Lines

Following a centuries-old tradition, watchmakers use lines rather than millimetres to describe the size of the movement’s diameter. This measurement is generally indicated as a triple apostrophe, so 16½ lines is written as 16½´´´, or 37.22 mm diameter.

The line, or Parisian line, is an ancient watchmaking measurement that predates metrification and is a direct descendant of the French pied (foot) measurement used under the Ancien Régime. Each line is equivalent to 2.2558 mm, which is rounded up to 2.26 mm for ease of calculation. In the past the French foot used to correspond to 12 inches measuring 12 lines each.

Calibre Valjoux: 13 1/4 lines or 29,89 mm

Calibre Valgranges: 16 1/2 lines or 37,22 mm

Valgranges.jpg

• Like 1

KinCaidk

which Chopards where these used in?

Silverspeed

Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL and the GTXL Chrono's

KBH

Unfortunately, at 16 1/2 lignes, they won't fit many of today's watches. That's Panerai/pocket watch size.

KinCaidk

I'm looking for a GTXL.... who has it?

Silverspeed

These should be available with any of the dealers. Keep away from the cheaper 21j models, the Chopard GTXL with the 21j movement is known for it's choppy second hand.

Wierd though....according to Josh's website the GTXL and GTXL Chrono's come with the clone Valgranges and other dealers say it's the normal Asian 7750......???

KinCaidk

These should be available with any of the dealers. Keep away from the cheaper 21j models, the Chopard GTXL with the 21j movement is known for it's choppy second hand.

Wierd though....according to Josh's website the GTXL and GTXL Chrono's come with the clone Valgranges and other dealers say it's the normal Asian 7750......???

I know very well about the choppy seconds.... that's why I want a new one :)

I just love this watch so much (I have the rosegold, white dial with power reserve) but the seconds hand and the white datewheel bugs me.

trailboss99

Well, we all believe everything a dealer prints now don't we?

Silverspeed
Well, we all believe everything a dealer prints now don't we?

offcourse...blindly...they wouldn't be telling us little white lies...now would they...:clap: