Sign in to follow this  
pedecter

IWC Big Pilot Dogfight

pedecter

So a year ago I got my first decent rep (an IWC Big Pilot) from Precious Time. (I did buy a rip-off IWC BP from a scammer and spent 2 months in dispute and helped put them out of business, but that's another story). Oh, it all started when I saw the gen worn by a personal hero of mine, and ex-air traffic controller who is now the President of a major cigar company.

I lusted after the Big Pilot as soon as I saw it. I considered the gen, which I saw at the IWC Boutique at the Palazzo Las Vegas, but for $10,000 I could buy a........car. So no go. Hence, the Precious Time route. Ordered a Vanilla Gorilla Black Croc hand-made strap that emulated the gen because I knew that the rep strap would suck. PT's watch showed up, then that Gorilla strap. As soon as I wore the new combo, the watch went tits up. Bad movement. Precious Time & I discussed the watch's problems, and he asked me to test a few things, and ultimately asked me to return it.

So the wait began. While I was waiting, I got my other 'grail' watch, a PAM 111h. During the wait, I decided that the IWC BP and the PAM 111h would get 80% of wrist time; by far my faves. So, I said "ped, f*** this, order a super-rep". That was last August. That's when I ordered a Vaclume/Cheiftag modded and fully serviced IWC BP. (I just ordered a super-ultra 111h from Vac to complete my grail hunt).

After 43 e-mails and 6 months of waiting, the Precious Time IWC showed up (last October). It had better hands (the first had the 5002 hands) and a better crown (the first one was loose) and the movement is solid. When that watch showed up, I decided to order a Vanilla Gorilla "Paviator" in brown to go with the PT IWC. That was November 3, 2009.

Today, the Vaclume/Chieftag IWC showed up at the office, ---and--- today, the same day, the Gorilla Strap Paviator showed up here at the casa. By the way, yesterday, my Cowboy Studio Light Tent kit showed up. Same crappy camera, different lighting conditions. Virgin shoot.

So.....here's the IWC Big Pilot Dogfight: The Vaclume/Chieftag modded vs. the Precious Time standard OOB. Guess which is which.

Big_Pilot_DogFight3.jpg

Big_Pilot_DogFight4.jpg

Oh, yeah, the Precious Time / Gorilla setup IWC BP is probably going to get sold. Both unworn, NIB. I'm just sayin'

Big_Pilot_DogFight5.jpg

First lame attempt at lume shots with new setup. Tried to follow some lume tutorials

Big_Pilot_DogFight6.jpg

Big_Pilot_DogFight.jpg

Shoes on the PT:

ptiwcshoes.jpg

ptiwcshoes3.jpg

ptiwcshoes2.jpg

More to come

Big shout out to RWG 1.1, which hosted many RWI refugees last month. I promised I would post up here when I got some watches, and this is my first. Cheers.

KBH

Very nice. Great pictures, even the lume shots are good.

greg_r

Great post! Congrats on the modded IWC too - enjoy! :rofl:

dingle

thanks Pedecter! need to have more of your post here. :)

Silverspeed

Very nice...great pictures...the BP is a great watch and not just in size

oh and the vac BP is on the left

ebzen02

I wish I had the funds to get me the VAC one with an OEM gator. Talk about 1:1 or better and gen because with the VAC treatment and the better Chief AR it beats the gen IMO-- at least in first glance appearance.

AllergyDoc

The PT model has pretty good lume, though.

pedecter
I wish I had the funds to get me the VAC one with an OEM gator. Talk about 1:1 or better and gen because with the VAC treatment and the better Chief AR it beats the gen IMO-- at least in first glance appearance.

The Cheiftag AR is better than the gen. It's truly invisible, and I've seen the gen and put it on, and looked at my cigar hero's gen. I will see him soon at a cigar event here in town. Guess what I'll be wearing? I'll try to better capture the look this weekend when I put the shoes on.

pedecter

Doc - I've no complaints about PT's watch. The diffs between the 2 are very subtle, and I think this shows how good the PT rep is.

Movements are very different, of course, and Vac's is fully serviced, but the PT will run fine too.

ebzen02

Doc - I've no complaints about PT's watch. The diffs between the 2 are very subtle, and I think this shows how good the PT rep is.

Movements are very different, of course, and Vac's is fully serviced, but the PT will run fine too.

So are you planning on selling PT's?

pedecter

So are you planning on selling PT's?

Yes, I believe I will. Still have to look at both with shoes. Croc going on the Vac model tomorrow (2/20/10)

mrboombasteke

Very nice. I'd like to get myself a Big Pilot for Christmas! B)

Luthier
Very nice. I'd like to get myself a Big Pilot for Christmas! B)

Ask Mary, she has working power reserve 5004.

I bought it, and happy since.

benzbrake

May I know the PT's website, wanna to get one... => thx

mspangl
May I know the PT's website, wanna to get one... => thx

www.ptswisswatch.com // a little research in the dealers list wouldn't have taken too much time tbh

Turbo
Very nice. I'd like to get myself a Big Pilot for Christmas! :picard2:

Ask Mary, she has working power reserve 5004.

I bought it, and happy since.

May I ask how well it keeps time? I was told to avoid the ones with the working power reserve as they kept poor time :D

Also, what does the caseback on yours look like?

Ntmf

They both look very nice - even if it does not matter here - I like the more military look of the BP 5002 more. I never really got the point of leaving the 9 away from the dial :-(

To be honest, if the 5002 I orderd yesterday gets enough wrist time - I will get a 5004 too :-)

Honkentonk

...order a super-rep". That was last August. That's when I ordered a Vaclume/Cheiftag modded and fully serviced IWC BP. (I just ordered a super-ultra 111h from Vac to complete my grail hunt).

Does anybody know who sells such a great rep BP (with black strap)?

JSJ

...order a super-rep". That was last August. That's when I ordered a Vaclume/Cheiftag modded and fully serviced IWC BP. (I just ordered a super-ultra 111h from Vac to complete my grail hunt).

Yes, our TDs can sell you one. Make sure you use the links in the TD section of this forum. Don't Google them because there are many scammers posing as our TDs.

Also, there is an excellent modded BP in the Member to Member section at the moment but you won't be able to see that until you've posted some more quality posts.

You need to decide what you want before you take the plunge though. All reps are a compromise. Only you can decide what you will accept.

Good luck with your search.

Honkentonk

Yes, our TDs can sell you one. Make sure you use the links in the TD section of this forum. Don't Google them because there are many scammers posing as our TDs.

Also, there is an excellent modded BP in the Member to Member section at the moment but you won't be able to see that until you've posted some more quality posts.

You need to decide what you want before you take the plunge though. All reps are a compromise. Only you can decide what you will accept.

Thank you VIP/Supporter!

What is a TD and how to enter the TD section?

Actually, the former posts are older than four years and so most of the posted links don't work anymore.

I tried several (Chinese) websites, but most of them don't seem to be trustworthy.

They usually don't sell via Paypal or even don't have telephone or email address.

When you try to ask for more pictures, some of them write back: "Please first pay, then we"ll send some more pictures"

You see...

I would like to pay about $400.- for a good rep, but don't find a seller.

Maybe you got a hint and send me a link via direct contact?

Regards

Frank

EDIT- links to scam sites removed.

Edited by Mystery Shopper
EDIT- links to scam sites removed.

JSJ

Thank you VIP/Supporter!

Actually, the former posts are older than four years and so most of the posted links don't work anymore.

I tried several (Chinese) websites, but most of them don't seem to be trustworthy.

They usually don't sell via Paypal or even don't have telephone or email address.

When you try to ask for more pictures, some of them write back: "Please first pay, then we"ll send some more pictures" (links removed - JSJ)

You see...

Regards

Frank

Go to this section and only use the links there. Don't use any sites from Google or anywhere else.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showtopic=60

Mystery Shopper

Honkentonk- I have removed the links to other watch sites from your earlier post as most of these are scam sites which use pics of gen watches on their websites then send you cheap rubbish instead if anything at all.

Honkentonk

Thank you VIP/Supporter!

When you try to ask for more pictures, some of them write back: "Please first pay, then we"ll send some more pictures" (links removed - JSJ)

You see...

Regards

Frank

Go to this section and only use the links there. Don't use any sites from Google or anywhere else.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showtopic=60

Thank you very much. Will report my experience here as soon I completed an order.

CU

Frank

Edited by Honkentonk