Sign in to follow this  
Silverspeed

1:1 Santos versus gen Santos Picorial Review

Kcore

I just recvd my Santos 100 Ult. and before purchasing this rep, i tried on this model numerous times at ADs and at Cartier in NYC.

With regard to the CGs, it's a bit odd as I found the CGs every so slightly different on each I tried on. One one, the top CG seemed a touch rounded but the bottom seemed sharper. On another both top & bottom seemed a bit sharp? Maybe it an individual perception thing, i dfon't really know.

With regard to the bezel screws, the 8 screws are so, so tiny and because the bexel is highly polished against the brushed case it's impossible to tell with the human eye closeup, let alone looking at it on another's wrist.

Annie

Hi erock1 may I kindly ask which dealer did u buy ur Santos from and which model?

Thank you so much..

yawn

I think the screw is the biggest tell

baruch

$1600 for a rep is indeed stupid, although I paid less wink.png ....unless you really like the Santos

I wanted to buy the gen but seeing how much the price drops for a used one this wouldn't be money

well spend either....and since I prefer my watches to be new I didn't want a used gen

This rep Santos was a bit of a gamble but I'm happy with it...the watch was looked at by a inhouse

watchsmith from a local Cartier AD and he was very impressed and is 100% sure the movement is original Cartier.

He heard rumours about an illegal off the line production run with rejected parts and was pretty sure this is one of them

Where can I buy this santos? I mean do they still sell these cartier santos 100- because I for one wnat to buy the gen as well :D

11fajado

fuuuaaark, 1600 for a rep. I'm pretty sure you can snag a gen Santos for around $4k.

Pringles

Nice watch Silverspeed. If this is THE watch for you then you did a great deal. A new Gen goed a lot more, i believe.

Wear it well

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

$1600 for a rep is indeed stupid, although I paid less wink.png ....unless you really like the Santos

I wanted to buy the gen but seeing how much the price drops for a used one this wouldn't be money

well spend either....and since I prefer my watches to be new I didn't want a used gen

This rep Santos was a bit of a gamble but I'm happy with it...the watch was looked at by a inhouse

watchsmith from a local Cartier AD and he was very impressed and is 100% sure the movement is original Cartier.

He heard rumours about an illegal off the line production run with rejected parts and was pretty sure this is one of them

Where can I buy this santos? I mean do they still sell these cartier santos 100- because I for one wnat to buy the gen as well :D

Baruch.. have a good look on chrono24... bought my son a Gen XL Chrono from there, for his 21st last year.. it is a beaut....there are some at sensible prices there

kmalone0023

Great pictures. What site did you get this from?

Adamsmith

$1600 for a rep? i would rather buy a gen period

Adamsmith

fuuuaaark, 1600 for a rep. I'm pretty sure you can snag a gen Santos for around $4k.

yeah,

and if the discount is good and plus currency difference plus tax return, you can get a fairly good price. i have no idea why a Cartier rep would ask for $1600.....

unless all the parts are gen....well, maybe i wont consider it still...