Sign in to follow this  
daymeeyan

Tissot T-Touch II

daymeeyan

Anyone have one of these? Thinking of picking one up. I need an ABC watch and don't like the Casio Pathfinders or Suuntos. The Tissot is the only thing that I think looks elegant and has the functions needed.

http://www.jomashop.com/tissot-mens-watch-t0474204420700.html

Mazz

I had one and to be honest I thought it was crap. Stick with Casio or Suuntos much better

daymeeyan

What was it you didn't like? I've read that the Casio and Suuntos are not comfortable to wear. I was hoping for something I can wear out on the trails and then to a nice dinner on the same day. I just don't feel I can do that with the Casio or Suuntos.

If it's an accuracy thing, I may just buy it to try it out and return if the readings are way off.

gmchris

Depends how seriously you want to use it. I have had the original t-touch for 7 years and yes it does the abc thing and looks good enough for a night out, but I also had a Casio protrek which had temp and alt memories with recall- good for charting your progress after a hike. also had multiple alarms and countdown timer and dual time etc. So the casio protrek was a much better performer. the tissot is greater a snapshot but won't give you a neat alt or baro graph like a protrek or suunto. And you have to take off your gloves to touch the screen.

having said that, the tissot looked so good that it got all the attention and i sold the casio as i wore it only about once a month.

maybe the answer is a stainless/titanium protrek?

May sell the tissot now to fund some reps

gmchris

- forgot to mention the accuracy was bang on for both watches, but you do need to reset the altitude a few times a day on these as they rely on air pressure - which changes with the weather.

daymeeyan

Thanks, I think what you described is as I expected. I just ordered it. I have a dedicated Altimeter and Baro that clips onto my pack. I was looking for something a little nicer to wear for shorter treks. I've been up to Kilimajaro and to Everest Base Camp, so I'm quite familiar with calibrating regularly.

I don't really need something as big as the Casio since I have a dedicated one on my pack that does the graphing, etc. The Tissot can be a nice looking back up instrument when I do go on those crazy hikes.

Satya

I have the first version, but like all, they go broke after a few yoers, and all T-functions start

to brake down. No Tissot 'T' for me anymore, never again.

Way too expensive.

waynu

I have a gen T-Touch (first version), and it has, for the most part, been an excellent watch. The only problem I have ever had was the "T" pusher/crown has fallen off (screwed in from inside the case), nowhere to be found; however the functionality still works by simply pressing on the spot where it was. Once I source a new pusher, which is easier said than done, I will repair it myself and then sell it on...

Lovely watch to wear, as the bracelet is gorgeous.

gmchris

Mine has now lost the alarm and compass functions, the crystal is just dead for these 2 zones, which i think is quite common. I'vehad the module outa the watch and it works fine so now i need a new crystal- or need someone's old watch with dead module to use their crystal.

Its gotta be a cheap fix or i will just ebay it as is - shame really been a great watch :-(

Mazz

I had to have my tissot repaired a few times before i sold it