Sign in to follow this  
Magic

Rolex Daytona Help

Magic

Hi,

I am looking to purchase my first rep Rolex and love the Daytona vintage look.

I want to put it on a leather strap when/if I get it and before I do, was wondering if someone could let me know what the best Daytona to get is?

I have read about the issues with the seconds at 6 etc but not sure if this has been fixed now or if there is a model I can get without this?

Also... who is the best person to speak to with regards to a rolex leather strap? I have seen Daytonas on this forum with a leather strap and the rolex buckle which look great.

Thanks

northcountryboy1976

if you go for a vintage daytona then they have the seconds running at 9 as per 7750 mvt.

newer daytonas have the modified mvt to allow seconds at 6, these are the ones that potentially have problems.

you also have a Zenith style daytona, newer look but with seconds running at 9, I think these were around mid 1990s before rolex made an inhouse mvt for new daytonas

Silverspeed

avoid the sec@6 Daytona, that one has the most problematic movement of all reps!......besides they're not the vintage style daytona

for a modern Daytona the sec@9 7750 is the best, not the most accurate but at least reliable.

For Vintage Daytona's such as the 6238, 6239, etc....the one to look for are the ones with the handwound ST-19 movement with asymetrical pushers. Pretty sure all of the trusted dealers will be able to source these.