Sign in to follow this  
NFleischer

Wacky Sales Threads

NFleischer

I ususally don't do this, but today i had to make a comment @ RWG2. A guy was selling a BCE

that was 3rd. hand and was missing the 15 on the bezel. he said the watch was 'serviced' by a guy at RG and

he planned on mailing the 15 piece soon after purchase. He was asking $310- $5 less than he paid.

I know the law of caveat emptor, etc. but WTF have some consideration for the newbies. I posted that i thought the price was 'steep'.

I find that RG and RWG2 often have ridiculous sales threads, but maybe I shudda kept my mouth shut.

sconehead

no way...I've been busted a few times on the forums for speaking up myself...newbies come to these places to learn and buy in a 'safe' enviroment, they shouldn't be exploited...you did right mate...;)

greg_r

I know what you mean. There's a guy on RWI who has recently sold a Breit SOH on leather for $235 (at least that was the advertised price). Nothing wrong with the watch other than the fact that I just bought a brand new one on OR strap (which is quite a bit more expensive than the leather strap) from Robert for exactly the same price. Josh sells the same watch for $218 on leather...

It happens far too often - and people are sufficiently afraid of being accused of threadcrapping that they let it pass.

If we ever get to the point where we start getting a lot of member sales here, I hope that board members will feel free to point out these kinda inequalities - they will have my support if they do (keep it fair and keep it polite, but don't be afraid to point out something that looks wrong). Sometimes it's just that the price has fallen and the seller has made an innocent mistake and not done his research. Fair enough - anybody can make a mistake. Other times, though, it's the seller being fucking greedy and it's those kinda sales that need to be pointed out before some poor newbie ends up paying more than new price...

midasmook

I know exactly what you mean, some of the sales are unbelievable. The ones that get me are the guys who are looking for upward of $1600 for a rep. I don't care how nice a watch is if I'm paying that kind of money I'll buy a gen.

NFleischer

Thanx guys. Wow just did some checking- Josh sells a version with Free Shipping for $228.

the best super ultimate was $308. This guy really was outta the ball park

KBH

I was a little perturbed about one of the well known members posting "same movement as used in $10,000 watch". I'm not sure if he's just over hyping it or being misleading.

It was a used 2893-2 GMT movement. I just ordered a brand new factory sealed one for $150. Not a lot more than a regular Swiss 2836-2.

JohnG

just dropped a small turd in there...

oscarmadfish

thats my boy

greg_r

Nice attempt, but it didn't take. Needs a bigger turd imho.

bear-pooping-in-woods.gif

:beer:

JohnG

Nice attempt, but it didn't take. Needs a bigger turd imho.

bear-pooping-in-woods.gif

:beer:

laugh.gif

AustinTech

I love to thread crap on high prices.

Like Sconey said, we've got to protect some of the nooooobs.

trailboss99

You guys see anything outrageous at RWI you be sure to let me know won't you?

Col.

dingle
You guys see anything outrageous at RWI you be sure to let me know won't you?

Col.

yessir Col. anything out of the norm will be reported. :(