Sign in to follow this  
Aarjay

My Tag giving me trouble

Aarjay

As most of you may know, I bought my first rep a Tag Carrera Autoracer with date from a TD.

Specs on the watch are

DESCRIPTION:

CASE: SS

MOVEMENT: Asian 7750 Chronograph Automatic Movement, 28800bph

DIMENSIONS: 41mm x 16mm

CRYSTAL: Sapphire

STRAP / BRACELET: Rubber

I am having trouble with the watch, it keeps stopping every other day and needs winding and recall ration of date.

Is this supposed to happen, I payed $278 plus shipping for this and have emailed TD regarding the matter and will wait to hear back, just wondering. Is this a lost cause?

cc010f065c1e73346f329ec65b87504d_zpsc31d7c94.jpg

vonGluberschmidt

are you wearing it all day every day?

the power reserve on these should be at least a day or so.

when not in use, is it on a winder?

vonGluberschmidt

oh yes.... it's probably a better idea to post the problem here (IF IT'S MECHANICAL RELATED) over emailing a very busy TD for what could be a very easy answer......

1- the fact that this is a fairly new piece in your collection likely means it's not getting worn daily. it takes a while to build up the power reserve. Especially if you are sedentary.

2- power reserves will be different on every piece, regardless if they are all a7750's. not every rotor will spin the same, thus powering the watch.

3- be more detailed when posting here. .it makes it easier to help you.

Edited by vonGluberschmidt

Aarjay

are you wearing it all day every day?

the power reserve on these should be at least a day or so.

when not in use, is it on a winder?

No not wearing it everyday all day, not on a winder, but it should mt be right d, it's a automatic Asian 7750, am I wrong? Is it a windup?

Aarjay

oh yes.... it's probably a better idea to post the problem here (IF IT'S MECHANICAL RELATED) over emailing a very busy TD for what could be a very easy answer......

1- the fact that this is a fairly new piece in your collection likely means it's not getting worn daily. it takes a while to build up the power reserve. Especially if you are sedentary.

2- power reserves will be different on every piece, regardless if they are all a7750's. not every rotor will spin the same, thus powering the watch.

3- be more detailed when posting here. .it makes it easier to help you.

It's been in my watch box, waiting on tonight, Xmas eve to be unveiled. I checked it a couple of dad ago and it had stopped, so I wound it and it started working, then when I checked okay it had stopped in the 22nd. I am confused, what other details can I give? Sorry new to this movement so not clear how to express better.

Bob Reed

Aarjay, yes it is an "Automatic" watch but what that means is auto winding. It has to be wound. If you are not wearing it, the watch is not auto winding. So it sounds to me like it is working as it should. An automatic watch does not run on a battery. You manual wind the watch when you put it on, 20 or 30 winds with the stem, and then as you wear it, it will auto wind from movement. Take it off it stops winding and the "power" runs out. Hope this helps......

vonGluberschmidt

you have to wear the watch to "wind" it properly as well.

your watch box cannot possibly keep your un-worn watch fully powered.... even a watch winder won't be able to keep it exactly powered to the second for more than a few days, unless you have one seriously high end winder.

so stop worrying.

wear the watch. wear it often if you don't like changing the date and time.

Aarjay

Aarjay, yes it is an "Automatic" watch but what that means is auto winding. It has to be wound. If you are not wearing it, the watch is not auto winding. So it sounds to me like it is working as it should. An automatic watch does not run on a battery. You manual wind the watch when you put it on, 20 or 30 winds with the stem, and then as you wear it, it will auto wind from movement. Take it off it stops winding and the "power" runs out. Hope this helps......

Bob, yes it does, thanks. Whew I was worried I got a bad apple. Didn't want to part with it, it's a fine specimen

HeavyKrush

Aar, try wearing the watch for a good 12 hours. Record the date and time then place the watch in a watch box. Report back here the time and date when you placed it in the watch box and the time and date it stopped.

Aarjay

you have to wear the watch to "wind" it properly as well.

your watch box cannot possibly keep your un-worn watch fully powered.... even a watch winder won't be able to keep it exactly powered to the second for more than a few days, unless you have one seriously high end winder.

so stop worrying.

wear the watch. wear it often if you don't like changing the date and time.

Thanks Schmdt, it will get lots of wrist tie after today, for sure.

Aarjay

Aar, try wearing the watch for a good 12 hours. Record the date and time then place the watch in a watch box. Report back here the time and date when you placed it in the watch box and the time and date it stopped.

Will do, is this my Xmas eve assignment? So no spiked Egg Nogg for me..lol

Bob Reed

Actualy, if you have enough, but not too much, spiked Egg Nogg you will wind the watch well! :)

Aarjay

Actualy, if you have enough, but not too much, spiked Egg Nogg you will wind the watch well! :)

Lol....uh oh....maybe with the PAM, not the TAG

Thanks all for your help an advice. Merry Christmas