Sign in to follow this  
acid_luving

PAM 111 v3 Unboxing pic heavy.............

BigsCG

It was all going so well until the Invicta appeared :). Only joking. Enjoy your Pam, it will the first of many !

I thought the same until I saw the Alabama hat! :D Invicta & the Tide were made for each other! Nice choice on the rep though!

acid_luving

It was all going so well until the Invicta appeared :). Only joking. Enjoy your Pam, it will the first of many !

I thought the same until I saw the Alabama hat! :D Invicta & the Tide were made for each other! Nice choice on the rep though!

Well now this is getting a bit personal. I used the Invicta as a reference scale and i dont think it has got anything to do with my affiliations towards a particular game or team. That statement makes no sense. R u trying to make racial comments??

acid_luving
Congrats! Like others have said, you have come into reps at a great time. Plus they're costing around 100 usd less than they did a little over a year ago.

FWIW, the strap that came with your 111 is pretty accurate to its gen version. Here's a the gen version on my watch...

005ff.jpg

Thanks for the info but the replica strap has a cheap feel to it. i.e. the finish is not that good

mulder

Very nice watch you got there.

I often thought about putting a leather strap on mine but have left the metal one on since I bought it.

I may have to change it.

dejavu157

The rep game is one thing, when you want to start buying new leather straps is a whole nother game!

BigsCG

Well now this is getting a bit personal. I used the Invicta as a reference scale and i dont think it has got anything to do with my affiliations towards a particular game or team. That statement makes no sense. R u trying to make racial comments??

Ah, you must not be a real Alabama fan. SEC fans are supposed to pick fun at each other and expect it from others. Vol fan here, so there's quite a bit to make fun of. The joke was aimed at your taste. Why would you even bring up race? Is Invicta a racial thing I don't know about? The proper response now is to make fun of how the VOLS suck. Cheers!

ReplicaFromDownunder

Pic heavy? with a mobile phone camera or worse? :blink:.

Baz1872

Absolutely stunning watch. I will hopefully be pulling the trigger on one of these shortly.

projectologist
Congrats! Like others have said, you have come into reps at a great time. Plus they're costing around 100 usd less than they did a little over a year ago.

FWIW, the strap that came with your 111 is pretty accurate to its gen version. Here's a the gen version on my watch...

005ff.jpg

Thanks for the info but the replica strap has a cheap feel to it. i.e. the finish is not that good

The gen strap feels the same way. It's made with a very thin layer of the dyed leather over a low grade inner padded layer. The rep has the same construction. The OEM gator straps are made to a higher standard.

This is why most gen owners leave the calf strap in the box and put on the diver or go aftermarket.

replicastuff

congrats!! waiting game for mine....

wund3rk1nd

congrats!! mine should hopefully come before 1/1/2013 since its already on its way, i ordered it with the asso strap from toro. i wonder if that comes with gen calf leather though

acid_luving

Superb watch, this is the exact same one I want. On the web TORO website, there are two choice of movement: Asian 6497 or platinium plated Swiss ETA-6497 for 170$ more, wich one did you get?

Thanks,

Emmanuel Martin

http://www.torobravo...t&product_id=87

Hi emartin ,

I got the Asian 6497 movement. this is because this was my first replica and I after reading other members' posts I found that the Asian 6497 is built like a tank and is very reliable. You wont go wong with Toro. Order it and enjoy

bowtiefanatc

Also, if you are looking for the accuracy comparable to the GEN then you'll want the 6497 as the GEN 111 is a handwind as well.

Chairman7w

??? You tell your girlfriend what you pay for this stuff?!!!

Kill me Del, my girlfriend will kick me out if she comes to know I bought a strap worth $170 :death:

HeavyKrush

Looks like that bubble wrap went to bed with a brunette last night. Awesome watch.

acid_luving

Looks like that bubble wrap went to bed with a brunette last night. Awesome watch.

A chinese brunette?

diplosa

111. Classic. Enjoy.

mrs1986

What do you think of the strap now that it has break in probably, you still think is junk or is like someone mentioned, it has the same feeling of the gen?? I'm interested in this to decide rubber versus calf leather...

746_heuer

What do you think of the strap now that it has break in probably, you still think is junk or is like someone mentioned, it has the same feeling of the gen?? I'm interested in this to decide rubber versus calf leather...

same here. Although we know it's not high quality, a brief comment would be useful.

BigsCG

same here. Although we know it's not high quality, a brief comment would be useful.

Go rubber, the rep leather is shit. Buy a nice strap from a trusted and switch to the rubber when you want to dress down a bit. You will not be disappointed. asumy9as.jpg

Same as gen or not, it feels and looks like pleather IMO. I wish I had went with rubber. GL!!

cb_5150

The Asso's that Toro sells are fantastic, btw........

746_heuer

Go rubber, the rep leather is shit. Buy a nice strap from a trusted and switch to the rubber when you want to dress down a bit. You will not be disappointed.

Same as gen or not, it feels and looks like pleather IMO. I wish I had went with rubber. GL!!

Thanks a lot, What about this strap http://www.manbushij...load/798/01.jpg ? It looks like the expensive ones, and Mary told me she could get it, so I'll probably order that one.

Edited by 746_heuer

BigsCG

Go rubber, the rep leather is shit. Buy a nice strap from a trusted and switch to the rubber when you want to dress down a bit. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks a lot, What about this strap http://www.manbushij...load/798/01.jpg ? It looks like the expensive ones, and Mary told me she could get it, so I'll probably order that one.

I don't have any experience with manbushij straps although I remember reading something positive (and then someone pointing out you are wearing a Man Bush on your arm)

I'm sporting an eel strap from D straps on my 111. I absolutely love it. 3usy3evu.jpg

746_heuer

I don't have any experience with manbushij straps although I remember reading something positive (and then someone pointing out you are wearing a Man Bush on your arm)

I'm sporting an eel strap from D straps on my 111. I absolutely love it.

Nice, too, but too dressy for what I want now. I´ll comment about the manbushijie one (I´ll name it like that until we know the factory) when I receive it. And if it's not comfortable, at least it looks great