Sign in to follow this  
psd123

Hi Noob from UK

psd123

Hi,

Just getting into the rep scene and want to try my hand at modding, have ordered a panerai, have gone for a cheap 111 to start off with and looking for parts to test my skills with. Have already found some great guides on the site and hope to put them to use once i can source some parts, was also interested in trying to relume the standard dial and hands that come with the watch but do not seem to be able to find any powder in the UK. Any advice and thoughts gladly taken on board.

Cheers Paul

dingle

welcome Paul. Good to have you here! :yoda:

greg_r

Welcome to RWG! Lots of folks from the UK here and always good to welcome another one - keeps these damned colonials at bay don'tcha know :gagged:

We've got a few modders here, so I'm sure you'll find plenty of info.

There's a lume thread here: http://www.replica-watch-guide.net/forum/i...971&hl=lume

... along with other info around the board. Shout for help if you get stuck! :yoda:

trailboss99

Doubt you will find lume powder in the UK, just order from Glow Inc.

http://glowinc.com/

As for parts, what do you want mate?

Col.

Luthier

Another Panerai freak...

:yoda:

Welcome anyway. Maybe one day you'll learn, that really great watches exist - Breitling, Rolex, TAG, etc...

:gagged:

SliceMaster
Another Panerai freak...

:gagged:

Welcome anyway. Maybe one day you'll learn, that really great watches exist - Breitling, Rolex, TAG, etc...

:yoda:

+1 :yoda:

psd123

Thanks for the replies guys, will give the lume place a go the tutorial looks very useful.

After any parts i get my hands on really, CG, crown and case backs to start as i guess they are the most straight forward parts to replace.

Cheers Paul

dingle
Thanks for the replies guys, will give the lume place a go the tutorial looks very useful.

After any parts i get my hands on really, CG, crown and case backs to start as i guess they are the most straight forward parts to replace.

Cheers Paul

try getat :yoda:

http://www.siswatch727.com/index.do

psd123

Looking on the siswatch727.com/ site they have various sizes of dials does anybody know which size i should be ordering for a Pam 111 in case i mess up when i try my own relume on the standard dial and hands?

Cheers Paul

dingle
Looking on the siswatch727.com/ site they have various sizes of dials does anybody know which size i should be ordering for a Pam 111 in case i mess up when i try my own relume on the standard dial and hands?

Cheers Paul

I believe it is 35MM. ....wait for one of the Pam gurus to confirm this. :yoda:

dingle

the 35MM is the only 111 dial on the website. I am almost 100% sure this is the one you want. :yoda:

psd123

Thanks mate, will get one as a back up in case i get into difficulties.

Cheers Paul

iabounty

Hello and welcome to RWG1.1 psd123 :bitch: Hang on tight! :)