wooda

Best JLC Reverso available

Kopcap

Crap dial version. Could do better.

+1000 !

not quite sure about the color..

Size : not exactly the same as the "1931" (was 38 x 24 x 6)

Movement : well, quartz is not so bad as there is no ticking seconds' hand (IMO...)

Price : really too much money

more history of the JLC Reverso :

http://www.timeandwatches.com/p/jaeger-lecoultre-reverso-history.html

more models and prices (GEN) :

http://www.thewatchquote.com/Jaeger-LeCoultre-Q2788570-PdN.htm

OLDBLOKE74

lots of Squadras around good wrist presence and a nice mechanical movement

squad%20size_zpsuvtvevxk.jpg

squadwrist_zpstv0rmcg7.jpg

Skogstad

This is one of those watches I would love to love, but I don't feel the love. It is small, and it has quartz movement (as gen), why this? Of all the good looking JLC watches?

JLC2015061904-01_enl.JPG

Kaiser

This is one of those watches I would love to love, but I don't feel the love. It is small, and it has quartz movement (as gen), why this? Of all the good looking JLC watches?

Gen movement cannot be replicated hence the quartz movement. As there is no ticking seconds hand to give the game away it really doesn't matter, it's also why this particular model was chosen to be repped. The timekeeping will be very accurate and you don't have to keep winding it every few days or adjusting it every time you take it out of the watch box...

BTW because it has a rectangular case the watch wears bigger than you would think going by the dimensions

Skogstad

I think I will have to try it on, and hopefully fall in love. ;-)

It looks like a really good rep of one of my favorite brands..

ebzen02

Gen movement cannot be replicated hence the quartz movement. As there is no ticking seconds hand to give the game away it really doesn't matter, it's also why this particular model was chosen to be repped. The timekeeping will be very accurate and you don't have to keep winding it every few days or adjusting it every time you take it out of the watch box...

BTW because it has a rectangular case the watch wears bigger than you would think going by the dimensions

What he said

Edited by ebzen02

agrimtex

Any news about the reverso release date ?

jd1566

Just fished out 2 decent reviews on the Gen watch:

https://www.hodinkee.com/blog/ruminations-photo-essay-the-jaeger-lecoultre-grande-reverso

http://quillandpad.com/2015/01/14/why-i-bought-it-jaeger-lecoultre-tribute-to-reverso-1931/

From pics differences are:

Movement - Gen is mecchanical, rep is Quartz

Hands are long with pointy end on Gen and swords on Rep

Colour of lume in daylight is creamy brown on Gen and greenish on Rep, although night lume shots show same colour

No comments on caseback as I didn't find any decent shots in the two reviews above

Leather strap - the Gen comes with croco + a "cordovan" limited edition strap with interesting stitching. Rep comes with usual rep leather as well as Croco strap.

Caseback of the rotating part looks almost same between Gen and Rep, as does the crown

Overall a decent effort for this rep, but as others have said the Quartz lets it down in my opinion.. nothing like a manual wind watch, rep or gen. This must be a stepping stone to V2 which will be mechanical and with proper hands, for sure. But critical mass with sales must be reached before that happens.. or another maker takes the rep and perfects it. I'm very tempted... VERY tempted, as I've really been waiting for a decent rep.. but I will have to wait for the mechanical one for sure. I just know I won't be satisfied.

Disclaimer! No, I haven't seen either in the flesh, and yes I did see that the rep pics are of a prototype, not necessarily final selling watch.. So if anyone DOES have a rep to post review pics PLEASE do so, so we can see what the final version really looks like.

jd1566

Ooops.. Before someone flames me I might just point out that the Gen I was looking at is the limited edition, whereas the rep is of the more generally available 2011 "normal" release.. So disregard the hands difference.

wdev

Ooops.. Before someone flames me I might just point out that the Gen I was looking at is the limited edition, whereas the rep is of the more generally available 2011 "normal" release.. So disregard the hands difference.

Actually, Puretime offers both versions, the standard 1931 tribute and the US limited Edition version. Would be impressed if they did a mechanical in the future but I think the Quartz ain't too bad either as there is no visible seconds

azusaset.jpg

jd1566

You learn something every day!! Well.. I'll be honest, I saw that picture but assumed it was a comparison of a Gen vs Rep dial.. I've checked Puretime and yes, it's there as an option! Kudos.. Now if they would ONLY MAKE IT IN MECCHANICAL!!!!!

Please..

Pretty please...

Kaiser

You learn something every day!! Well.. I'll be honest, I saw that picture but assumed it was a comparison of a Gen vs Rep dial.. I've checked Puretime and yes, it's there as an option! Kudos.. Now if they would ONLY MAKE IT IN MECCHANICAL!!!!!

Please..

Pretty please...

There will be no mechanical version because the movement cannot be repped, or I should say, it's not economically viable to rep the movement

Nothing wrong with the quartz version, no one will ever tell anyway

jd1566

Please..

Pretty please...

There will be no mechanical version because the movement cannot be repped, or I should say, it's not economically viable to rep the movement

I realise that a full mecchanical rep is a big ask especially on such a low volume watch, but I'd happily pay money even for a Asian 21J mechanical winding movement over the quartz. Call it the ticking sound.. the fact that you HAVE to wind it.. I think that with that option many more would buy into the watch, even if it's not a 100% rep. I dunno.. probably time someone did a poll and let Puretime know about it. I may be wrong.. but I suspect there are quite a few on the fence about the watch exactly because of the movement.

Having said that I wonder how hard it would be for us take out the Quartz mvmnt and put in an ebay sourced mecchanical one?

Kaiser

Please..

Pretty please...

I realise that a full mecchanical rep is a big ask especially on such a low volume watch, but I'd happily pay money even for a Asian 21J mechanical winding movement over the quartz. Call it the ticking sound.. the fact that you HAVE to wind it.. I think that with that option many more would buy into the watch, even if it's not a 100% rep. I dunno.. probably time someone did a poll and let Puretime know about it. I may be wrong.. but I suspect there are quite a few on the fence about the watch exactly because of the movement.

Having said that I wonder how hard it would be for us take out the Quartz mvmnt and put in an ebay sourced mecchanical one?

The case is too slim for an affordable mechanical movement, thats why they went for the quartz option

ticktickboom

I think its perfectly fine with the quartz movement, who'd gonna tell without a second hand? you really think you will hear it tick?

Testomatic

Anyone bought one ?

Kaiser
2D7196AD-806A-47E2-BF33-19402490B2BB_zpsfa6glsg4.jpg

agrimtex

Beautifull ! Is it the croco strap that came with it ?

Kaiser

Beautifull ! Is it the croco strap that came with it ?

No, I bought a RIOS Ostrich strap for about €50, very nice quality I might add. I may at one point however, order the (gen) croc strap from Puretime seeing as it comes with the plastic inserts just as the gen which makes it sit slightly better on the wrist. I may also just order a rep fagliano strap in the future, it's been spotted on taobao

http://m.intl.taobao...s=1&abbucket=12

otterface

That looks fantastic!

Daywatch

Couple of wristshots to compare of the "old" Squadra Chrono, Intime was carrying like 2 Years ago and I posted at the beginning of the thread.

Some may not believe it - until they try - out but the accuracy, reliability and solidness of the quartz (no loud rotor/ no untidy loose and moving parts/more routine and skills from the workers when assembling the quartz-movement in the caseset) does give it a high quality and "gen-like" feel. It´s shockproof and unlike the automatics that will come apart You can use it for golfing, trap-shooting, horse-riding and polo or whatever other sports You do practice with a modern, retro-vintage sportswatch.

IMG_4091_zpsbi4pceoi.jpg

IMG_4096_zpsbaqrgtes.jpg

jakethemouse

Will any of the TDs here be getting access to JLC Reverso Tribute 1931?

Anyone who has purchased it care to do a review?

ag69

Couple of wristshots to compare of the "old" Squadra Chrono, Intime was carrying like 2 Years ago and I posted at the beginning of the thread.

Some may not believe it - until they try - out but the accuracy, reliability and solidness of the quartz (no loud rotor/ no untidy loose and moving parts/more routine and skills from the workers when assembling the quartz-movement in the caseset) does give it a high quality and "gen-like" feel. It´s shockproof and unlike the automatics that will come apart You can use it for golfing, trap-shooting, horse-riding and polo or whatever other sports You do practice with a modern, retro-vintage sportswatch.

IMG_4091_zpsbi4pceoi.jpg

IMG_4096_zpsbaqrgtes.jpg

Can you show the flip side of the reverse. Curious to see if it's nothing, or an actual dial.

Kopcap

Can you show the flip side of the reverse. Curious to see if it's nothing, or an actual dial.

here you are :

(top one : same JLC Reverso "Squadra - Chrono")

(2nd : JLC Reverso "Lady" -so called because sizing small- )

(both are quartz mov)

PreferedRarest_JLC-Reverso_zpsnu3bpn60.png

and wristshots :

WristWeek-amp-Logo_Reverso_zpsvaasysul.png