Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Hello and Please Help :-)

Drake

Hello everyone,

It's great to see such a lot of interest and activity at this forum. It's like I've landed into a world which I never knew existed before. I'd like to introduce myself as a 28 yo guy, who works at a reasonably cushy job. Recently, I've just been fascinated with watches, and although I have been wearing them since the age of 20, I am quite forgetful and do end up losing or misplacing most of them!

I do not know if this is the right place to ask advice since this is the introductions section, so MODs if I am doing the wrong thing here I'd gladly repost this in an appropriate section.

I need your help guys. I am really interesting in getting a replica watch which I want to wear to a special ocassion (not personal, just business), and this event is coming up in a month. I really want to sit down and read through the forum, and find out all about how to choose a proper watch and where to buy it from, but I am just short of time. I need your advice.

I am interested in getting a Panerai replica for this occassion. What do you guys think is a good model to start off with for an amateur (I have been eyeing the Luminor and the Radiomir Black Seal)? Do you think Panerai replicas are a good place to start? Do you have any suggestions in models (i basically prefer black or white dial watches with sober leather or stainless steel straps)? Also, what is the best place to buy them? I'd be comfortable to spend up to 250 USD on this

I hope all of you have a great new year, and I really look forward to your help.

Thanks!

hnic

welcome

i like watchinternational

greg_r

A good place to start would be a PAM111, but there are plenty of alternatives. The vast majority of the $200 and over reps are excellent quality too - particularly the hand-wind models.

This is one of those occasions when I'm going to recommend a dealer who doesn't actually have a presence here (although he's on our trusted list). This is simply because he tends to be faster than most (bearing in mind that this watch is going to be coming from China).

Take a look at Perfect Clones: http://www.1-pc8838.com/index.php

ron76

A PAM111 would be a excellent choice, if you need one fast you could try to put a WTB in member to member sales. ;)

Ron

yawn

bk rolex u cant be wrong.

ron76
bk rolex u cant be wrong.

He's looking to buy a PAM, not a 400+$ Rolex rep.

Ron

Drake

Hello everyone. Thank you so much for your replies. The PAM111 that onionbag suggested does look really quite beautiful. Repock you spoke of an asso strap, how different is it from the generic strap? Also, can you guys tell me why the PAM111 is the best option for a beginner, since most of you suggest it?

Also, guys is Panerai the best brand to start off with, as a brand per se?

sam1965uk

hello & welcome on board hope you enjoy your time here with us all

happy new year

sam

Del

A PAM111 would be perfect for your business engagement. It's normally my watch of choice for business functions, especially ones where there will be a lot of gens - nobody will know your's is a rep, they're that good. ;)

Here's mine on a gen strap:-

8169219275_45abe02f9b_b.jpg

PB090831v2 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

Drake

Guys thank you for your support and help. I have decided to go for the Panerai Luminor Marina. I just have one final question for you guys. What are your opinions on the PAM177N from torobravo? whats the difference between this and the PAM111N Noob? Is it just the titanium vs stainless steel? Which one looks better?

HeavyKrush

Pretty much just that, titanium vs SS. I've heard the titanium scratches easily. Good luck.

HeavyKrush
?.. nobody will know your's is a rep, they're that good. ;)
For sure. Also likely no one will notice or know of the Panerai brand.

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

Drake

I was just in touch with Torobravos and they said that they would give me 10% off if I sent them money on Western Union. Is this a normal method of payment? Are there any risks involved and should I just stick to using my card?

fatarms

No matter which method you choose to pay with, Toro is a great guy and will take care of you.

Mazz

Yes toro is a trusted dealer you shouldent have any problems with sending via western union

Drake

Finally placed an order with Torobravos and just sent them the money for it! Now the wait begins. Give me strength :-) will keep you guys posted and put on some pics of the QC!

Luthier

You said on Dec.31st, that you need a watch in a month time. And you ordered it on Jan. 23rd. I don't think you'll get it on Jan. 31st.

What take you so long?

;)

-martin-

Luthier = Columbo!

Drake

QC pics arrived. Guys please do check it out and let me know if you spot something off?

i50nd2.jpg

2ymf860.jpg

2mq0qj5.jpg

2wovedu.jpg

1zzj6ro.jpg

houndoggie
QC pics arrived. Guys please do check it out and let me know if you spot something off?

i50nd2.jpg

2ymf860.jpg

2mq0qj5.jpg

2wovedu.jpg

1zzj6ro.jpg

Ok to ship

Drake

You said on Dec.31st, that you need a watch in a month time. And you ordered it on Jan. 23rd. I don't think you'll get it on Jan. 31st.

What take you so long?

;)

Luthier,

Good question. I was really sold on the PAM and I promised myself not to peek into the posts with any of the other brands. But curiosity got the better of me! And I plunged, head first into all the JLCs and the Rolexes at this forum, and I tell you, I got it bad. As soon as this arrives, I plan to order a Deep Sea Dweller. I did not heed the warnings of many saintly souls in this forum, and now, I think I'm hooked. At the end of it all however, I just decided to stick with the sound advice regarding the PAM and ordered it for the present. I'm getting it by fedex and Torobravos have shipped out today apparently, so it does look like it will be on time!