Sign in to follow this  
LawKid

New Member - Joining here as a refugee after purchasing from Paradisiac

LawKid

Hello:

So I decided several months ago that I wanted to "up" my image with a nice watch, but didn't have several thousand dollars to spend on an authentic high-end Tag or even a relatively basic Rolex.

Well, I came across what looked like a nice site - iparadisiac.com. Not wanting to be taken for a sucker, I did a google search on "iparadisiac reviews" and came across some favorable replies. Well, as I've found from this forum, it's likely that those reviews were likely written by iparadisiac themselves. So, 3 watches and $1,000 later, I have 2 Hublots and 1 Tag.

On the plus side, I actually got the products I ordered (unlike some that never got theirs). The hublots actually look nice from a couple feet away. In fact, a pawn shop owner friend of mine saw me wearing what he thought was an authentic Hublot Big Bang, and, nervously, after showing it to him, he simply commented "nice big bang." I breathed a sigh of relief, as it passed muster from someone who actually might be able to spot a fake. However, although they look nice, the functionality is crap and the parts are flimsy. The bands do not fight right and come unclasped very easily and nearly fall off my wrist at times. Also, there seems to be a little discoloration in the metal of the bezel in certain light. They're nice looking, but for a couple hundred bucks each, I expected more.

As for the Tag (which I paid more than double than for either Hublot), it looks nice, but it too has problems. It's a Grand Carrerra Calibre 36. The timer button requires entirely too much pressure to start (wasn't constructed properly), and when I compared it next to an authentic Tag, I could see the difference. On the plus side, however, I had to take it to a jeweler that sells Tags to get it resized. They took out a few links for me and sent me on my way, and never commented that it wasn't authentic. They actually complimented me on the watch. I guess my goal was achieved with this, but the flaws and problems make me question what I really want to do next.

I'm at the point where I'd like to get a rolex for myself (and one as a gift for my sister). However, unlike the Hublot and Tags, which, if a little off, would not be readily apparent, everyone knows that a Rolex has a smooth second-hand motion. If the movement of the second hand isn't perfectly smooth, it'll be easily seen for what it is and my whole purpose in purchasing a replica will be lost.

Ultimately, I think I've found the right place (this forum) to get a nice replica rolex that will pass muster. Any suggestions to lead me in the right direction as to which of the trusted dealers anyone here has purchased a rolex from and is very happy with it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and I look forward to being a member of this site!

jeffw69

Cool story bro.

Welcome.

1littlegreen

Glad you found this nuthouse. Welcome!

Aren

Sad, but I learned that the sites that sell, also sponsor the review sites too.

I was almost taken in when I started collecting reps.

It just didn't feel right to me.

I did some more research and found the rep sites were showing me gen photos.

I looked for an independent site and found RWG. I am so happy I did.

Never had a problem because of RWG, but still get scammer email from the place that almost took my money.

Anyway, welcome, welcome and enjoy your time here.

:)

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG, order from the trusted dealers and you won't get scammed. Watch International have very good watches, I have bought a lot from them and have not been dissapointed with any. Get the Asian clone ETA movement and you will have a smooth sweep second hand. Not worth getting the Swiss, costs about $100 more and you will not be sure you are getting a gen Swiss movement.

Regards,

Jan

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

A nice smooth sweep? Well any of our dealers can supply a watch with that appearance.

All mechanical watches sweep, smoothly or not, to lesser or greater degrees.

A genuine Rolex beats at 8 times per second, so do the more expensive Asian clone movements, same as the Swiss versions.

As for receiving a Swiss movement in your order.......there are several dealers you can trust to supply these, ask them and do your homework.

Cyril_Clunge
Not worth getting the Swiss, costs about $100 more and you will not be sure you are getting a gen Swiss movement.

Regards,

Jan

You insist on repeating this to new members, please point out to me threads started by people complaining that they have paid for a Swiss movement from a TD and not received it. If you are going to accuse our Trusted Dealers of scamming members I hope you have evidence to support such a statement?

Hello Lawkid :wave: welcome to RWG :)

Luthier

Cyril, some of dealers genuinely believe in what factories telling them, and factories sometimes can say it's ETA, but install clones. So, Jan is absolutely correct.

benpip

Hello:

So I decided several months ago that I wanted to "up" my image with a nice watch, but didn't have several thousand dollars to spend on an authentic high-end Tag or even a relatively basic Rolex.

Well, I came across what looked like a nice site - iparadisiac.com. Not wanting to be taken for a sucker, I did a google search on "iparadisiac reviews" and came across some favorable replies. Well, as I've found from this forum, it's likely that those reviews were likely written by iparadisiac themselves. So, 3 watches and $1,000 later, I have 2 Hublots and 1 Tag.

On the plus side, I actually got the products I ordered (unlike some that never got theirs). The hublots actually look nice from a couple feet away. In fact, a pawn shop owner friend of mine saw me wearing what he thought was an authentic Hublot Big Bang, and, nervously, after showing it to him, he simply commented "nice big bang." I breathed a sigh of relief, as it passed muster from someone who actually might be able to spot a fake. However, although they look nice, the functionality is crap and the parts are flimsy. The bands do not fight right and come unclasped very easily and nearly fall off my wrist at times. Also, there seems to be a little discoloration in the metal of the bezel in certain light. They're nice looking, but for a couple hundred bucks each, I expected more.

As for the Tag (which I paid more than double than for either Hublot), it looks nice, but it too has problems. It's a Grand Carrerra Calibre 36. The timer button requires entirely too much pressure to start (wasn't constructed properly), and when I compared it next to an authentic Tag, I could see the difference. On the plus side, however, I had to take it to a jeweler that sells Tags to get it resized. They took out a few links for me and sent me on my way, and never commented that it wasn't authentic. They actually complimented me on the watch. I guess my goal was achieved with this, but the flaws and problems make me question what I really want to do next.

I'm at the point where I'd like to get a rolex for myself (and one as a gift for my sister). However, unlike the Hublot and Tags, which, if a little off, would not be readily apparent, everyone knows that a Rolex has a smooth second-hand motion. If the movement of the second hand isn't perfectly smooth, it'll be easily seen for what it is and my whole purpose in purchasing a replica will be lost.

Ultimately, I think I've found the right place (this forum) to get a nice replica rolex that will pass muster. Any suggestions to lead me in the right direction as to which of the trusted dealers anyone here has purchased a rolex from and is very happy with it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and I look forward to being a member of this site!

rolex gmt 2 from mary/rochest cant go wrong

hnic

welcome

read learn enjoy

benpip

just purchased rolex gmt 2 from wi mary&rochest cant go wrong

Cyril_Clunge
Cyril, some of dealers genuinely believe in what factories telling them, and factories sometimes can say it's ETA, but install clones. So, Jan is absolutely correct.

Where are the complaints?

Luthier

I've read a few, just not going to spend my day, searching for it. Most of the people even don't know, if they have gen. ETA, by the way, since nowadays it's very hard to tell, what is what.