Sign in to follow this  
sin_lei

Need advice

sin_lei

Dear all,

being quite new to this I need some suggestions from experts.

I would like to buy the most faithful replicas to the following watches

-Cartier Ballon Bleu SS large automatic W69012Z4

I would like to buy one with a Swiss automatic movement.

-IWC portuguese chronograph in SS IW371438

again swiss automatic is a must

I looked on a couple of stores recommended in the forum, but it is difficult to infer from pictures

I am looking forward to receiving your suggestions.

Thanks

Member X

Welcome to the forum! :tease:

Sounds like you've got a couple of good choices in mind, the 3714 is one of the nicest watches I know :wuv:

There is an issue with the 3714 in that the seconds at 6 movement is an adapted seconds at 9 movement and is therefore unreliable to the point of guaranteed failure. There is a graphite lubricant fix that does cure the problem to some degree, and some work has been done with DLC coating the plates the movement gears rest on, but the only true fix is a genuine movement at c.$750.

Is great when done though :nomorepostwhore:

Cartier is a less well known model but has been posted on here recently, have a search!

re: the swiss thing, you will need to specifically ask the dealer for it as Asian ETA would most likely be standard fit. There is a train of thought that says you might as well order Asian as at least you're guaranteed to get that rather than an Asian one being passed off as swiss! lol They're also pretty much just as reliable it seems :nomorepostwhore: The dealers on here are best to stick to as you're pretty much guaranteed good service :woo:

sin_lei

Thank you for your prompt and kind reply.

I will refrain from the 3714 until I can afford the real thing.

As for the Cartier, I will follow your suggestion and save $100 by going with asian movement.

I found the one I want at both House Of Souvenirs and at Josh's perfect clones, where the watch at Josh's is 50% pricier.

are the watches likely to come from the same place?

Does the second store have better replicas?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum! :morebeer:

Sounds like you've got a couple of good choices in mind, the 3714 is one of the nicest watches I know :wuv:

There is an issue with the 3714 in that the seconds at 6 movement is an adapted seconds at 9 movement and is therefore unreliable to the point of guaranteed failure. There is a graphite lubricant fix that does cure the problem to some degree, and some work has been done with DLC coating the plates the movement gears rest on, but the only true fix is a genuine movement at c.$750.

Is great when done though :lol:

Cartier is a less well known model but has been posted on here recently, have a search!

re: the swiss thing, you will need to specifically ask the dealer for it as Asian ETA would most likely be standard fit. There is a train of thought that says you might as well order Asian as at least you're guaranteed to get that rather than an Asian one being passed off as swiss! lol They're also pretty much just as reliable it seems :rolleyes: The dealers on here are best to stick to as you're pretty much guaranteed good service :)

AllergyDoc

Josh sells the latest Cartier, which I understand is an excellent replica. You'll have to send Lawrence an email to see if his is the latest.

trailboss99

If I were you mate I'd send a link to Mary (watchinternational) and see if she can get the exact same watch for you. She is bound to be cheaper than PC on the same watch and does quality control checks. She will even send you pics of the very watch she has for you before shipping it. If you then post those pics here (ask for help if you need to know who to post a pic) we can have a look for you and make sure it's ok.

Lawrence (HoS) has some nice cheaper watches but if you want the best vesion of this watch I'd go for Mary or Josh. HoS are particualy good for Day Dates and Date Justs BTW if they catch your fancy at any time.

Unless you ask specificly a small dealer like Mary to make one specialy for you non of the 7750 based watches (anything with a chrono or the 3714 you want) will be Swiss MVT (movement). This is because the Swiss MVT is at least 300 dollars on it's own and even more for specials like the 3714 uses. As AD said above the clone ETA is actualy quite a good MVT and most if not all parts are interchangable with the gen Swiss MVT. The Asian 7750 (A7750) is also quite good execpt for the special ones used in things like the 3714 or the sec@6 (seconds at six) Daytonas which should be advoided like the plague untill you have more experiance and have found a watchmaker in your area who can give them a graphite treatment for you. Doing that yourself is a fairly complicated job but you never know, one day you may well be able to with some basic tools and pratice. Make sure you check out our tool shop: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showforum=64 while you are here if you wish to get into learning basic watch repair and moding. There are plenty of members here who can guide you in the basics as well as a few who are very good at this indeed, even a few qualified watchmakers.

Col.

greg_r

I see the guys have been giving you all the right advice, so I'll refrain from adding anything further, except Welcome to RWG! :morebeer:

Silverspeed
I see the guys have been giving you all the right advice, so I'll refrain from adding anything further, except Welcome to RWG! :morebeer:

+1 very solid advice....and welcome to RWG

dingle
I see the guys have been giving you all the right advice, so I'll refrain from adding anything further, except Welcome to RWG! :kinkythegayviking:

+1 very solid advice....and welcome to RWG

+1 again. welcome to RWG! :rideemcowboy:

sin_lei

Thank you all for the advice and welcome.

I contacted Mary right away but did not hear back from her.

Very surprising given your warm recommendation...

dingle

She will contact you. How long has it been.....2 days?

sin_lei

3-4 days

sconehead
3-4 days

Hmmm, maybe resend your request. Did you provide a pic or a link to the actual model of watch you want? I recently bought a watch from her for the first time, response, price and service was excellent...:lol:

Member X

Did you email direct or PM on here? I think she's a little slower responding on here!

sin_lei

I sent her direct email on the address provided on trusted dealers thread.

dingle
I sent her direct email on the address provided on trusted dealers thread.

Send her a PM as well. Sometimes E-mails do not go thru. On the last order I done, this was the situation. Let me know If you do not hear from her by Monday. :rofl:

JustinCase

I believe the IWC Portuguese Chrono uses a modified ETA Valjoux 7750. Note the seconds sub-dial at 6 o'clock.

IWC typically makes many modifications and improvemenst on the basic Valjoux mvt, painstakingly finish critical pieces and adjust the mvt to several positions so the performance is always superb.

You are not going to get anywhere close to that performance and reliability even from a Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750 because the parts are still all machine-made without that human touch from very skilled labor to correct the inevitable flaws and to fine-tune the mvt.

For the quality of the case, dial and strap/bracelet--I subjectively and generously put that at 50-60% of the real thing--the Asian mvt is a good match.

I do not know if the basic ETA or Asian mvt has to be severely modified to duplicate--replicate?:D--the dial positions. You should check. This usually leads to poor reliabilty.

If you want the feel of the real thing, buy a pre-owned (used) IWC Fliegerchronograph. The price is relatively affordable and the quality/performance is outstanding. If you have ever used the SS bracelet on the IWC Flieger, you'll never want to have anything else. The finish and feel are incredible. The wonderful link/pin design on this IWC bracelet makes you want to strangle the guys who designed the push pins on most watches, or the sadistically small screws on the Alain Silberstein--was the Marquis de Sade French?--and the ever-stretching Jubilee bracelet on the Rolex.

But I digress: get the replica IWC Portuguese Chrono with the Japanese/Asian mvt. It's a good match.

sin_lei

Thank you for the reply.

I looked into the IWC portuguese and it seems that the asian valjoux suffers of poor reliability due to the modification needed to move seconds at 6.

There is a graphite treatment that improves things but I am not going to do that for now.

Thank you for the tip on the chrono. Indeed a beautiful watch.

I believe the IWC Portuguese Chrono uses a modified ETA Valjoux 7750. Note the seconds sub-dial at 6 o'clock.

IWC typically makes many modifications and improvemenst on the basic Valjoux mvt, painstakingly finish critical pieces and adjust the mvt to several positions so the performance is always superb.

You are not going to get anywhere close to that performance and reliability even from a Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750 because the parts are still all machine-made without that human touch from very skilled labor to correct the inevitable flaws and to fine-tune the mvt.

For the quality of the case, dial and strap/bracelet--I subjectively and generously put that at 50-60% of the real thing--the Asian mvt is a good match.

I do not know if the basic ETA or Asian mvt has to be severely modified to duplicate--replicate?:kinkythegayviking:--the dial positions. You should check. This usually leads to poor reliabilty.

If you want the feel of the real thing, buy a pre-owned (used) IWC Fliegerchronograph. The price is relatively affordable and the quality/performance is outstanding. If you have ever used the SS bracelet on the IWC Flieger, you'll never want to have anything else. The finish and feel are incredible. The wonderful link/pin design on this IWC bracelet makes you want to strangle the guys who designed the push pins on most watches, or the sadistically small screws on the Alain Silberstein--was the Marquis de Sade French?--and the ever-stretching Jubilee bracelet on the Rolex.

But I digress: get the replica IWC Portuguese Chrono with the Japanese/Asian mvt. It's a good match.