Sign in to follow this  
foxcub

GMT Master Repair

foxcub

Hi all,

First things first....great website and a happy new year to all members!!!

I have a 21j GMT Master II rep which has a broken crown stem. Does anyone know:-

1. Where I could source a new one and likely costs.

2. How to replace it i.e. remove from the crown from the stem / length adjustment.

The rep also has a major flaw in that the cyclops does not line up with the date. The crystal appears to be bonded but could it be removed and re-aligned or replaced or would this likely destroy the bezel trying??

Thanks in advance

Foxcub

DR3M3L

It's very easy to do. No need to touch the bezel or crystal. Just unscrew the caseback and set it to one side. If you see where the stem goes into the movement, look at the top surface of the movement, a few mm to the right of where the stem goes into the movement, and you will see a raised, round button, about a mm in diameter. All you need to do, is gently depress this button with the tip of a fine screwdriver (or something similar), and while holding the button down, gently pull the crown straight out. Simple as that smile.gif Putting it back in, is just a case of reversing the process smile.gif Best of luck good.gif

Also I got a crown + stem for rolex on 21j movement. Let me know by PM ;) Michelle also sourced one for me before, only that one was for a eta movement.

foxcub

Hi Joran joran, thanks for your reply. I have all the parts out of the watch but wasn' t sure out to split the crown from the stem. Also i need to take off the bezel to re align the crystal to the date which is currently way off centre.

Best regards

Foxcub

digger2

Hi Joran joran, thanks for your reply. I have all the parts out of the watch but wasn' t sure out to split the crown from the stem. Also i need to take off the bezel to re align the crystal to the date which is currently way off centre.

Best regards

Foxcub

No need to touch the bezel, you just push out the crystal from the back and realign it, this is best done with a crystal press though.

foxcub

Thanks Digger2, I will try this...