Sign in to follow this  
Pjmars

asiakrono vs timeshops for Montblanc

Pjmars

Where to turn? There is quite a price difference between the 2 sites and i'm looking for a time walker . I don't mind spending but I'm trying to figure out the differences in quality as they are both recommended RWG vendors.

PS I'm new to RWG and have not made a purchase to date.

LightGeek

What do you want to buy? And don't say "the best 1:1 P4P" :)

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this post.

Pjmars

I'm looking to purchase a Timewalker replica which both companies have on thier sites. Asiakrono (recommended RWG) watches are higher priced then other sites I've browsed. If you're asking for the model, I'm using one of the Timewalker bracelet as an example. There are a couple of choices I like, but they are all bracelets. I'm looking through a couple brands and for the most part, automatics. I would say my question pertains more to "what is the best vender to use"? I'm sure I will be buying more than one or only one brand.

p0intblanc

One of them may be the newly improved noob time walker model. Just released post Christmas but if not mistaken, only pure time had it at the time.

Not surprised if other td might have stock by now. They cost around 280$ upwards from memory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

court

If you go to the trusted dealers page and read the reviews you will get a good feel for who the best dealers are and indeed what is available. Most trusted dealers can get any rep currently available. Each model though will have various versions in therms of when they were first repped and obviousy there may be differences in the movements used. Stick to the trusted dealers and you'll be OK.

Come back if you have specific questions about the movements or versions available. (after you have read up a bit - there really is no substitute forit)

garbear99

I am looking at the same watch. This is what I've learned. If you are looking at chrono, the chrono functions do not work on 21j. You need the more expensive movement, I believe 7750. The chrono does work with quartz, but, as others have said, "quartz movements have no soul." Trevor, TD on RWI, has a beautiful Timewalker with black face and rose hands. That is the one I probably will buy.

Pjmars

That's some good "heads up" regarding the chrono and 21 jewel. I found a stainless Timewalker (not chrono), rose hands, white face on timeshop. It had a watermark badge in the photo that has it listed as "crem da la crem". I registered for an account to make the purchase; a confirming email was suppose to be sent to me to begin the transaction.......nothing. I went to the vendor "contact us" to inquire.....blank result to no where. Timeshop is a recommended vendor on RWG, but this kind of simple website malfunction makes me wonder.

Signed: watchless to date.

HeavyKrush

Pj, always, I mean always, reach out to the dealer before making a purchase via the website. Email address is [email protected]

Pjmars

I did try their email as well. We'll see.