Sign in to follow this  
onzenuub

TAG Heuer Carrera Automatic Chronograph Day-Date Review

gonzo29

Nice review onze, definitely getting one of these after CNY. I see that Precious Time is no longer a TD, does anyone have any recommendations on which TD to buy this particular model from? Right now leaning toward MR...

Burnleybezel

Any of our TD can get you thsi watch, M.R my fav W.I e.t.c..

B.B

gonzo29

Thanks for the reply, from reading this forum it sounds like I can't go wrong with either MR or WI.

Nnilswerdna

Thought I would share my recent QC shots from a TD and mention some of the well known faults on this rep.

Issues confirmed.

The bloody arrows on the Tag badge. This is infuriating because I have a £100 TAG Carrera and the badge is spot on.

IMG_7822_zps9edbd54f.jpg

Blue Screws - I guess these can just be individually taken out and sanded/filed off

Geneva Stripes on the rotor/weight - Should be an uneven number and stripes, and should have a stripe spliting the two words TAG & Heuer

IMG_7825_zpsb93a3ec0.jpg

The ETA Date Wheel. An easy change this one, but the difference in font - although a minor issue - is noticeable.

IMG_7823_zpscb7378db.jpg

Issues debunked.

Red dial hands - I've been told by a few people that the tip of the dial hands on the rep is more of a orange colour whereas the gen is blood red. The picture shows, that on this model at least, this seems to of been resolved.

IMG_7824_zpsd7e88734.jpg

I expect to see mine in a week or so, so I'll make the changes to Franken this and update you all

:D

Edited by Nnilswerdna

Smuckle87

Love the brown dial Carrera. Not too educated on TAGs but they are gorgeous!

SSTEEL

Great read, and review. I noticed the mention of the poor lume on this rep, which brings me to a couple of questions on these models..

The Titanium model lume looks great, each of the numbers glow.

Questions...

Are the number markers on the Carrera models clear plastic, and lumed inside?

Are the normal, (non Titanium) Carrera's numbers lumed?

SSTEEL

Well, in answer to my own question, I got my Carrera today, and can confirm for reference, the normal Carrera only has lume on the hands, not the numbers like the titanium model of the Carrera.

E.R.

Thanks for the great and helpful review!

Old thread is still up to date.

Ordered the brown one. Can't wait.

alvarosoco

Hi

@Burnleybezel could you send me a private message with the link of these TDs, please?

B.B

@onzenuub is it impolite to ask where and how much did it cost?

Thanks a million

Daytona_Dreamer

Thanks for this great review Onzenuub !!

black263

Hi

@Burnleybezel could you send me a private message with the link of these TDs, please?

B.B

@onzenuub is it impolite to ask where and how much did it cost?

Thanks a million

Holy necropost batman.

You clearly haven't read the New Member links. A link to the TD list is at the very top of every page on the forum.

alvarosoco

Excuse me I didn't want to bother you. I suppose that for someone that has posted nearly 4k times, it's like ABC but it's not.

If you read my posts you can check that I did some work before I writed my first post http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=97816&hl=&fromsearch=1

Nevertheless, it was quite easy to find the list of the TD http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=60 but it's quite hidden to find out the websites and some of them have changed and they are not up to date. And the TD list doesn't provide the websites.

So, sorry again and please have into account that some info is not easy to find it at the beginning because it's out of RWG Forum → MAIN FORUM → General Discussion

black263
Excuse me I didn't want to bother you. I suppose that for someone that has posted nearly 4k times, it's like ABC but it's not.

If you read my posts you can check that I did some work before I writed my first post http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=97816&hl=&fromsearch=1

Nevertheless, it was quite easy to find the list of the TD http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=60 but it's quite hidden to find out the websites and some of them have changed and they are not up to date. And the TD list doesn't provide the websites.

So, sorry again and please have into account that some info is not easy to find it at the beginning because it's out of RWG Forum → MAIN FORUM → General Discussion

That's because not all dealers have a website. Some only have sub-forums, If you click on the Trusted Dealer link at the very top of every page you get all the dealers listed with the latest links available to their sub-forum page and if they have one, their website.

alvarosoco

At the end I figure it out by my own.

Yesterday I bought my first rep

jahnaosei

Have my eye on a Tag as well :) these pics are making me want it even more