Sign in to follow this  
Alex13

PO Orange "007"

Alex13

Hi all,

Bought my first watch from a dealer in Shanghai. Fairly poor replica, but certainly not worse than I expected it would be.

Major issue points:

- Not sure there ever was a gen orange bezel 007

- Silver backing writing on glass says "Quantum of Solace 7" instead of "Quantum of Solace 007"

- Date window is white not blue

- Pearl is not centred on bezel

- Bezel on the "zero" mark is not centred on the 12

- Clasp has "Speedmaster" written on it, instead of "Seamaster"

- Couple of the links are tight, do not bend easily

- Whatever movement is in it seems to only have an 8hr reserve

- No serial numbers

What's good:

- Overall seems a good weight

- Looks like good quality crystal glass

Overall I actually kind of like it. I've been fascinated by watch makers for years, so I think I'm going to have a crack at fixing it, for fun, i.e. changing the glass to clear (no markings), changing the backing to the standard Seamaster, change the hand to no 007 marking, try to re-center the bezel, change the bracelet and change the movement in it to a swiss one. I have never done this before so not even sure it's possible!

I know it would be cheaper, easier and better quality to get a better rep, but where's the fun in that?

th_IMG_0927_zps57123a92.jpg

th_IMG_0930_zps383f7b33.jpg

olly593

I think the hand stack would be different on a Swiss so you would need new hands. Basically you will have to buy a whole new watch.

Personally I'd buy a better Rep and use this for practice

Wriggles

Bought a couple of Silix specials for the same pupose, think I need to do a lot more learning first though so will wear them till one goes on the blink before I interfere with it.

Nice looking watch even with the blatant non-gen flaws.

Good luck and when you complete your project I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest in seeing the steps and final result - I know I would!!

Alex13

I think the hand stack would be different on a Swiss so you would need new hands. Basically you will have to buy a whole new watch.

Personally I'd buy a better Rep and use this for practice

Yeah that's basically the plan. I want to buy a really good black bezel / orange number rep with a swiss ETA movement, then use this to stuff around with.

narikaa

'Quorum of 7 Shoelaces' is the most sought after

;)

Geof

I would SO buy a Suantum of Quolace rep. Or even a Something of Boris one:

And no, there was never a 007 edition with an orange bezel or face. Another quibble would be that your bracelet links appear to be flat instead of curved. I'm curious, though - was your watch insanely cheap or something? You seem to want to change an awful lot for something you apparently picked out? :rolleyes: