Sign in to follow this  
t4orce

Rolex Ceramic Sub

t4orce

Sorry for a noob question but I have a ceramic sub that I use as a daily and recently I have not been able to lock down the crown. It just refuses to catch.

The watch is still functional in every respect and I love it. I was wondering if there is a step by step guide to take it apart and repair. It feels as though the lock down has threaded and is now not catching.

I have a BK sub and Toro sub coming as replacements but in the meantime if there is a fix for this it would be great.

I don't know the specs of this watch as I bought it in Asia but of all the reps I've bought in Asia, the quality of this particular sub is good. The movement is quite smooth and it even lumes up quite well. The seller had this particular sub hidden away from the counter/glass cabinets.

Thanks

Luthier

Tube/crown thread is damaged. You need to replace these parts.

t4orce

Do one of the parts sellers on this fantastic forum sell this part or just don't bother and wait for the new sub ladies to arrive?

Bob Reed

Well it i snot just a swap out part. It is some work so unless you paid a lot for this watch I would just wait. On the other hand do a search on the site for tube replacement if you want to use it to get your feet wet in rep repair!