Sign in to follow this  
fortman

Western Union.

fortman

I want to put an order in with Silex and they're taking Western Union only at the moment.

Excuse my ignorance but how does it work..?

Thanks Guys.

greg_r

You wander into your local branch of WU. Give 'em the payment info that Silix has given you and then hand over the dough. Bingo. :)

Just make sure you get the payment info right ;)

J.Eric

Basically like paypal. you set up an account and use a credit card or bank account to pay.

I just did this last night.

fana05

Make sure the recipient is not a Nigerian prince or some other African royalty :D

Realism

Make sure the recipient is not a Nigerian prince or some other African royalty :D

How about Asian royalty?

greg_r

Paying over the web can sometimes be troublesome with WU - far better to wander into your local branch, which will be trouble-free.

Realism

Paying over the web can sometimes be troublesome with WU - far better to wander into your local branch, which will be trouble-free.

Have that issue too Greg... in the end decided to go w/ dealer that accepts PP...

fortman

Thanks for the info.

You were right as it's easier if you go into the office.

rabies

i know how to use WU but when silex emails me and tells me there paypal is down right now....that worries me.

iv always used paypal. if they dont want to use it thats fine but to say its down..that implies its locked or blocked, why?

greg_r

Paypal is gradually disappearing from the rep hobby. PP will immediately close down anyone they think are dealing with replica watches - all it takes is one idiot putting too much info in the comments box and bang - both accounts get frozen. Hell, we had some malicious asshole report the board a couple of years ago and they closed down our PP account just for running a forum helping people to avoid getting scammed! Sooner or later PP will no longer be an option and, frankly, that's a good thing.

The trusted dealers are trusted for a reason - you can use WU, moneygram or whatever with any of them safely

rabies

ok good to know. il be buying a few watches today then

Irishcain

:gasp: I shouldn't have given them my checking account number? :rofl:

greg_r
:lol:

moredhel

Paypal is gradually disappearing from the rep hobby. PP will immediately close down anyone they think are dealing with replica watches - all it takes is one idiot putting too much info in the comments box and bang - both accounts get frozen. Hell, we had some malicious asshole report the board a couple of years ago and they closed down our PP account just for running a forum helping people to avoid getting scammed! Sooner or later PP will no longer be an option and, frankly, that's a good thing.

The trusted dealers are trusted for a reason - you can use WU, moneygram or whatever with any of them safely

"Too much info"? I thought the comments box was supposed to be clean and well...empty.

All other details via email. Just had PP shutdown for a TD at our neighbor and making it hell to transfer funds internationally without a cutthroat fee, thankfully bypassed with mate's BOC acct.

Do the TDs refuse payment from idiots who are illiterate?

greg_r

"Too much info"? I thought the comments box was supposed to be clean and well...empty.

It is. Unfortunately some idiots don't leave it that way.

faceman

Just used Western Union for the first time yesterday. Thanks to advice from the forum, I followed two important pieces of advice:

• Do the transaction with cash in-person (the bank near my office processes WU transactions). It gets to the seller essentially immediately and there isn't any nonsense with WU's terrible web interface and atrocious customer disservice. I do dislike how expensive WU is per transaction, but my CC wouldn't go through with TimeShops.net.
  • Only use a trusted dealer (TD). I was about to pull the trigger on another site until I found this forum. This will be my first rep purchase and I chose TimeShops.net. "Mark" already confirmed that the payment went thru and so far he has been very responsive to questions. Now I wait.... (fingers crossed). :popcorn:

PayPal is horrible for a lot of things. I've moved all my money out of them. I do with there were a better choice than Western Union, though, for many of these rep sites.

Luthier

Thank you very much for such a valuable information.

Who knew...

michaeltravers

Good info

HarleyMo

I wouldnt mind WU if it wasnt for the fee that involved, my last transaction which was less then $100 cost an extra $12.

Luthier

Any other transfer - bank, CC - will cost you much more.

Xebryus

I love using WU. Go grocery shopping and on your way out, go to the customer service desk and buy a watch