Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Oldskool

Newbie from UK

Jimmy Oldskool

Hi, I'm Jimmy, a long time lurker, first time poster and need some help pleeeease!!!!!

I have a B&R BR01-94 replica that I've had for about a year and use for work and knocking about in. I bought it from a guy that deals in watches and up till now, apart from one of the strap screws falling out, it has been pretty faultless. I have no idea what the movement is, but just recently, the second hand has started 'stuttering' and losing a lot of time, then last week it stopped completely. I can wind the watch and it'll run for a short time, but stops relatively soon after.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong and who I could send it to for repair?

Below are some pics of the exact watch for reference.

CE59628B-E29A-4385-9E06-846E00313079-878-00000095190D8422.jpg

22C099E6-CA0F-4740-BF2A-46A787F2B6A8-878-000000951412A004.jpg

3ED949A3-00AC-4334-901F-79748DC95E4E-878-00000094FD467F7B.jpg

3C8373D7-B572-423B-AD98-AF315E3DB170-878-000000950212E44C.jpg

A84DF9BC-0A43-44BF-9A31-8A6378B5B455-878-00000094F1E96E80.jpg

Cheers

Jimmy

Jimmy Oldskool

Can nobody help me then?

onionbag

Hello and welcome.

There are Trusted Dealers who are willing to repair and modify watches you'll find them here http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showforum=97

There is also a member Kenny who is based in Slovakia, the other board modder near you is Le Wiz in France.

It may be that it's not worth repairing......so you'll need to splash out on a new un.......any excuse eh? :D

J.Eric

Can't say for sure.

can you open the back?

Jimmy Oldskool
Hello and welcome.

There are Trusted Dealers who are willing to repair and modify watches you'll find them here http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showforum=97

There is also a member Kenny who is based in Slovakia, the other board modder near you is Le Wiz in France.

It may be that it's not worth repairing......so you'll need to splash out on a new un.......any excuse eh? :D

Thanks, do you know of any repairers based in the United Kingdom? Not sure that it's worth the hassle of sending it overseas for a repair???

Jimmy Oldskool
Can't say for sure.

can you open the back?

I'd have a go at opening the back as I got the correct tools with the watch when I bought it.....Can anyone tell me how please....

PAB

Anyway.....

welcome_zps293c12ce.gif

Jimmy Oldskool
Anyway.....

welcome_zps293c12ce.gif

Anyway???

vvilly69

Open it up....mess about with it a bit and if you fuck it up, just buy a new one......simples :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum though, that's certainly a long time lurking!

Jimmy Oldskool
Open it up....mess about with it a bit and if you fuck it up, just buy a new one......simples :thumbsup:

Cheers fella, was going to open it up but then saw what Le Wiz can do and I think it's going to go to him for repair, re-lume and a general sort out........

BadPickle

Cheers fella, was going to open it up but then saw what Le Wiz can do and I think it's going to go to him for repair, re-lume and a general sort out........

Naa!! Fuck about with it first yourself..... It's a learning curve, and it'll give you big balls if you can do it.

12E6B426-974B-4621-956E-7A049F4A3818-211-0000030250EB4186.jpg

Welcome mate!!

edwinowl

Hey I've got one of those opened it up , fucked about with it as it had stopped working. Still in bits waiting for a new movement lol. However I've bought crap loads better since, you won't regret it. Check out the weekly wristcheck and don't look back lad.