Sign in to follow this  
andy66

ADVICE needed please

andy66

Im going out in a bit but ill be back on later to see if anyone has got any answers or advice for me.

I got my new SA on Friday and ive noticed that when ive set the time and i put the crown back in,as im screwing it tight,i can feel it winding the watch.

Anyone experience this or know if it is a problem??

The power reserve seemed to be ok aswell but this morning i got up and it had stopped at 3 in the morning.it should of had plenty of power.

It was fine over the night FRI-SAT.

Ill monitor the PR but the winding as im screwing the crown in is wierd and worrying..

Thanks in advance for your help lads.....

greg_r

I've got a 21J that does that.... No idea how common it is on 7750s though. I'll wait for someone who actually knows what the hell they're talking about to chime in on this one :clap:

graman

Hey there mate...I'm not sure if it's a problem....my IWC does the same thing...hasn't affected performance....

Not stressed by it.

Col?...what are you thoughts??

trailboss99

No worries at all mate, half of my reps do that. It won't hurt anything.

Col.

RolexAddict

You need to unscrew a little the stem - may be just 1 or 2 threats. The stem is screwed to far in the crown.

Means when you push on the crown to screw it, the part of the stem inside the crown hits the spring inside the crown and there is not enough clearance to allow the crown to turn free for screwing it. So screwing the crown results of winding...

Sorry for my english... hope you understand what I mean :clap:

trailboss99

It won't hurt anything tho RA?

Doesn't apear to have done mine any harm.

That makes sense tho considering the great QC at the factory :clap:

Col.

RolexAddict

It could hurt on 28.800bph A7750 (modern Daytonas) as manual winding is risky on this movement. The mainspring collapses often when manual winding is done to fast.

Most of the time we screw fast the crown as we don't pay attention for this. I would say, if you don't want to unscrew the stem and re-loctite, just screw the crown slowly

Edited by RolexAddict

KBH

I replaced the stem on my 6263 Daytona that was just a little too short. Not so much becuase I was afraid of breaking it, it just bothered my knowing it wasn't right. I've also had that happen when changing a movement from one case too another. RA is right, if you just take the crown/stem out and unscrew it a little and then epoxy or loc-tite it back, it will solve the problem.

andy66

CHEERS LADS!!!!

Thanks for all the replies,youve put my mind at rest.So much for josh's QC.........lol.

RA & KBH-im not that confident for that kind of fix but thanks for the explanation of what i need to do.

For now ill keep my eye on it,as Col says "NO WORRIES"

Edited by andy66