Sign in to follow this  
AlphaLima

Hello all

AlphaLima

Hi guys

My name's Phill or Sif, depends where people know me from, i go by both names. I've been looking to get either a replica Tag or Panerai for a few months now so i thought i'd join the forum than trust one of the generic 'replica watch' websites.

I doubt i'll be able to contribute much to the forum i'm afraid, but i'm sure it'll give me all the info i need. Also, there seems to be an absolute abundance of skilled, knowledable folks on here. Some of the modifications undertaken are mind blowing.

Anyway, hope to speak to you soon.

Phill

KBH

Welcome Phill. Tags and Panerai sure aren't my specialty so I can't help with that. But there are lots of knowledgeable people here that will.

At the moment all I can recommend is use the Trusted Dealer list here and you can't go wrong.

greg_r

Welcome to RWG, Phill!

Plenty of info here on both Tag and Panerai (I'm something of a Panerai nut myself), but don't hesitate to yell for help if there's anything you need to know :rolleyes:

onzenuub

Hi Alpha Lima, or Phil or Sif, welcome.

AlphaLima

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I do actually have a few questions but i'd rather read through the forum & try and figure it out for myself before i have to ask you folks all kind of daft questions 7 waste your time!

phil.

EDIT: @ Fiddo....yes, that's exactly what i'm looking for. They are so simplistic yet utterly stylish. Before someone pointed one out to me i'd never even heard of panerai, let alone seen one. i take it the seller is trusted & highly regarded? I like this style of 'everyone looks out for each other' community. It's an absolute asset. Good work chaps.

I saw on one site that you could specify certain items like colour of hands or dial style, is that true? I love a super strong lume as my job keeps me in the dark most of the time but i also love a blue lume over green. You think that would be something i could discuss with the vendor or is it too much of a pain?

Edited by AlphaLima

greg_r

Phil:

If you want to go homage (i.e. unbranded watches in the style of Panerai), you can specify the dial, case, strap, hands, superlume - the whole thing. Getat are the guys to approach for that kinda thing - you'll find them in our list of forum dealers.

The listing that Fiddo linked you to are for replicas - so they follow the genuine watch. There's a wide variety available with various appearances, but you don't get to pick and choose hands etc - they're designed to look as close to the original as possible. That listing was from prestigewatchco - but all of our forum dealers can supply PAMs, so have a look in their subforums and, where appropriate, their websites and see what you can find. All the dealers featured here are people we know we can trust.

aneki

Welcome! :)

AlphaLima

Thanks Greg. i think it has to be as close to the gen as possible for me. Even knowing it's a rep, having the Panerainame on your wrist lends a kind of prestige you couldn't get with an 'homage' watch, don't you think?

Quick one for you....why are they referred to as PAM's? Why not PAN's?

Also, looking on Lawrences site, when you choose a watch the first options are either 'Asian' or '7750'. Do they refer to the movement or something else? Also, is there a list on here detailing a ranking of which parts are most desirable or is it much of a muchness?

Sorry for so many q's.

iabounty

Hello and welcome to RWG Phil!!! Greg_r is the Pam guy to go to here IMHO. He may be off-line for several hours this time of day.(For some strange reason he thinks he needs to sleep.. :) ) Send him a PM with all your questions and he most likely will get back to you tomorrow..

greg_r
Thanks Greg. i think it has to be as close to the gen as possible for me. Even knowing it's a rep, having the Panerainame on your wrist lends a kind of prestige you couldn't get with an 'homage' watch, don't you think?

Quick one for you....why are they referred to as PAM's? Why not PAN's?

Also, looking on Lawrences site, when you choose a watch the first options are either 'Asian' or '7750'. Do they refer to the movement or something else? Also, is there a list on here detailing a ranking of which parts are most desirable or is it much of a muchness?

Sorry for so many q's.

Panerai model numbers are generally preceded with the letters PAM (i.e. PAM111, PAM127 etc) hence the reference.

On Lawrence's site, the 'asian' tag generally means that the watch is running a budget chinese movement - either a 21J or an Asian 6497 (the latter is an excellent movement btw). The 7750's are mostly going to be chrono models running the A7750 movement - although there are a few others in there too running things like Sea-Gull handwind chrono movements and a handful of high-beat ETA clones. In general, though, where he lists 'asian' and '7750' separately - the ones in the 7750 listing are going to be better quality. If in doubt about a particular model, feel free to ask. It will probably be worth looking through the Panerai section on the forum too, as it'll give you an idea of what's around.

As far as rep vs. homage goes, I have a mixture of both. Just down to personal preference, to be honest - most people on the street wouldn't know what a Panerai was anyhow :beer:

KinCaidk

Welcome :beer:

Silverspeed

Welcome from the lowlands AlphaLima :lol:

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse AlphaLima!.........I would not be too concerned about contributing ........:lol:

AlphaLima

Thanks once again guys!

Much love from yorkshire.

trailboss99

One thing, don't expect too much from rep lume. Some of it good but rarely as good as the gen. Blue by the way has no where near the lasting ability of green. There are of cause people who can relume your pride and joy in the same lume material as the gen uses.

Col.

AlphaLima

Cheers col, that's handy to know.