Sign in to follow this  
cala1981

All Casablanca reps have same wrong model # engraved?

cala1981

The Casablanca collection all have 8850 as model # on the Gen however depending on the dial color/case material have different letters proceeding it. Ex., the Rep I would like to find has a Gen model # of 8850 C CC DT (white dial, ss case and brown strap). Every Casablanca rep that is on any dealer site has the model # 8850 C CC DT NR (black dial, black PVD case and black rubber strap) engraved on the back of the case...

Is there any factory that produces these with the correct model # on the Rep?

Luthier

You just opened the can of worms...

James.

Always been a saying that's baffled me. Who the hell has or would ever want a can of worms?! Much prefer a can of spaghetti, kind looks like worms but tastes better :thumbsup:

cala1981

Why do you say that?

richardm1142
6a00d8341bf89d53ef01156fc7dd2f970c-pi.jpg

James.

Yuck. Still prefer a can of spaghetti.

wat44

my kellogs cereal no is 2000431

cala1981

Very informative

wat44

ok ok - its sultana bran

James.

ok ok - its sultana bran

Best.Cereal.Ever.

wat44

#1 ?

;-)

Luthier

OK, cala, here's WHY.

If you're SO picky, maybe, this hobby is not for you. All reps, and I mean ALL of them have flaws, and if you really care about a few fucking digits on the caseback - you'll never be happy with replicas. You better save some dough and buy a gen.

Realism

it's the caseback... you don't wear your watch on it's caseback... or do you??/

vonGluberschmidt

OK, cala, here's WHY.

If you're SO picky, maybe, this hobby is not for you. All reps, and I mean ALL of them have flaws, and if you really care about a few fucking digits on the caseback - you'll never be happy with replicas. You better save some dough and buy a gen.

delivered with class as always Luth.

cala1981

That's a fair way to look at it. Just seems a lot less picky and more obvious than worrying about the connector line on the "A" of panerai reps being a half of a millimeter lower than on the Gen which everyone seems to notice and bitch about. Complete wrong letters being engraved on the fucking case seemed like a pretty obvious fucking flaw when compared to that. But yes, I understand these reps aren't perfect. I was simply asking if there were that had the correct model #. But I do appreciate your help Luthier when I was buying my Panerai. You did give me a lot of good info. So thank you sir.

cala1981

No you definitely do not wear your watch on its caseback. Would you sketch a picture of a dick on the inside of your band just because you don't wear it inside out? Cmon guys, I was just wondering if there was any out there with the correct model # on them. Not that big of a deal but why not ask?

Realism

No you definitely do not wear your watch on its caseback. Would you sketch a picture of a dick on the inside of your band just because you don't wear it inside out? Cmon guys, I was just wondering if there was any out there with the correct model # on them. Not that big of a deal but why not ask?

your analogy is pretty stupid and flawed... it comes from the factory that way; not hand drawn. My PP and AP are perfect? Why? because it's Ks in spending and i can bitch, moan, nitpick any defects as I want to the C.S... My B&R, Ebel, and Hublot has flaws? Why? because they are in '00 in spending...

lordsquidgy

Nice comebacks. They were being a bit harsh!

Luthier

That's a fair way to look at it. Just seems a lot less picky and more obvious than worrying about the connector line on the "A" of panerai reps being a half of a millimeter lower than on the Gen which everyone seems to notice and bitch about. Complete wrong letters being engraved on the fucking case seemed like a pretty obvious fucking flaw when compared to that. But yes, I understand these reps aren't perfect. I was simply asking if there were that had the correct model #. But I do appreciate your help Luthier when I was buying my Panerai. You did give me a lot of good info. So thank you sir.

:rofl:

What a spirit!!!

Mate, seriously... Just buy the fucking watch and enjoy it! I don't think many factories make this model, so, there's a little chance you'll get the correct one.

Hey, look on my favorite Patek - fantastic watch, I love it, but there's absolutely insane mistakes on the back of the mov't. And even on the dial. Do I give a shit? Nope. I love this watch!!!

010-36.jpg

08-36.jpg

cala1981

I get it Luthier. And I agree. Again, if there was one out there that had the correct caseback and I didn't ask id never know. Beautiful PP by the way. Ordering the Franck tonight....ill let you all know about the tiny flaws when it arrives... jk ;-)

James.

:lmao: at every single wrist shot you post Luth wearing a dress watch, it looks like a watch strapped around a hairy tree.

Luthier

How about this one?

P1070831.jpg

HeavyKrush

Sorry, but that Patek watch looks gay G. Maybe it's your extra hairy arms though. :giggle:

HeavyKrush

How about this one?

P1070831.jpg

Now that's a proper watch mate!!