Sign in to follow this  
loketje

Hi from Amsterdam

loketje

Hi,

My name is Martin and after a few days searching for replica's I started to notice that a lot of replica sites out there look suspiciously alike so delving deeper I found this forum.

I have been in love with the 60's Breitling Navitimer 806 my whole life it seems but i guess there are no replica's of this marvel but maybe somebody on this forum knows differently.

otherwise, looking for a nice navitimer world.

regards

Martin

onzenuub

Welcome from the south of The Netherlands, I told them Loketje is a Dutch name.

sconehead

Welcome to the forum Martin...:)

Onze and Silverspeed are both from Holland, I think Onze owns a couple of Breitlings too, maybe he can give you some good advice...

iabounty

Hello and welcome to RWG loketje, glad you found us in time!!!! Lots of information here as well a a trusted dealers list to confidently ask questions and do bussiness with. :)

Silverspeed

Welcome Loketje...from the northern part of The Netherlands

btw your nick Loketje has that got something to do with Dutch customs..??..:)

Fiddo

Hello! :)

Welcome!

johnny woozer

Welkom

greg_r

Welcome to RWG! :beer:

KinCaidk

Welcome :beer:

loketje

btw your nick Loketje has that got something to do with Dutch customs..??..:lol:

Don't worry, it's just something I can remember easiily, I have nothing to do with customs whatsoever.

Silverspeed

btw your nick Loketje has that got something to do with Dutch customs..??..:lol:

Don't worry, it's just something I can remember easiily, I have nothing to do with customs whatsoever.

Too bad...it would've been handy to have someone on the inside :lol:

j/k man welcome on board...if you have any questions just shoot

loketje

Too bad...it would've been handy to have someone on the inside :lol:

j/k man welcome on board...if you have any questions just shoot

Well, first thank you all for your warm welcome, feels good !

here's my first question (maybe in the wrong forum ?) I noticed among the trusted dealers a few who claim they can make any watch you have a picture off. Is this true ? Could they really make my dream watch ? Would it look any good ? Would it work ?

Silverspeed

I think what the dealers mean is that the can source a specific watch for you. The dealers buy the watches either directly from the factory that makes them, or they buy them from wholesalers. Providing a picture of the actual watch that you recieve is a bonus.

If it's an homage watch you're after (unbranded) you can choose the case, dial, hands, lume and strap.

So that way you can basically built your own watch.

Another thing to consider, since you don't work for Dutch customs :lol: , is to be carefull which shipping method you choose. Dutch customs can be a real pain in the arse when it comes to reps. Packages coming in from China (where most of the dealers are located) get their undivided attention and are very likely to get seized. The highest risk is when the dealer ships with a courier service like DHL, Fedex etc..to The Netherlands. Normal registered airmail is a lot safer but it can take weeks before it arrives and there is no way to track the package.

If you use a China based dealer be sure to check what the dealers policy is in case of a custom seizure. Another possibility is to use a dealer that ships from the UK. Precious Time aka PT ships from the UK and can source just about any rep available, the price is a bit higher but you'll have no costum worries.

And in my experience Prestige Watch Company (PWC aka Robert) is an excellent dealer, be sure to read his terms and policies before ordering, who ships from Thailand. For The Netherlands he uses normal registered mail which is pretty safe. But like I said the down side is it can take a while and there is no way of tracking.

loketje

Thanks very much, that's very valuable advise.

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse Martin! great to have you here. :lol: