Sign in to follow this  
nov

So is it toast?

nov

Got a Omega SMP chrono a couple of months ago with an A7750.

have worn it almost every day since and all was great up to yesterday.

It stopped and I couldn't get it to start again.

Took it off and gave it a shot to the palm of my hand and youza , hands started racing around and didn't stop till date window had gained 3 days.

Still nothing now, won't start.

Anything that can be done?

sconehead

...sounds like the mainspring click has dislodged...that must have been some slap!

ClickSpringDscn0766.jpg

Another cost-saving design approach is seen in the mainspring click (left). Rather than use a conventional click to prevent mainspring unwind, Valjoux has managed to use a simple bent spring anchored in a slot in the plate. The spring itself (1) will ratchet as the ratchet wheel (2) winds clockwise. Counterclockwise rotation of the ratchet wheel is prevented by the spring butting against a corner of the plate (3)

PeterPotamus

get it serviced

fatarms

Took it off and gave it a shot to the palm of my hand and youza , hands started racing around and didn't stop till date window had gained 3 days.

Still nothing now, won't start.

That's a new one :lol: That must have been a bit unnerving.

nov

yeah, I was out with my wife at dinner and was trying to keep calm and look like nothing was happening as I didn't want to hear her utter "told you so" about buying reps.

10:10 Watch Repair

That's a sign that something broke in the train or escapement, not the mainspring. Likely a pallet jewel came off, which is pretty common with the A7750.

And you guys wonder why I laugh at the palm slap recommendations.