seclark007

show off :rofl:

jeffw69

Very nice.

I can't seem to find those anywhere.

Mazz

Not sure but I belive they are a JDM only. But they are all over watchrecon

conx
Like those Seiko colors got red and white so far.

gAD7u.jpg

Liking this one... Any idea what model it is ?

sardonix

gAD7u.jpg

Stargate

Mazz

Probably one of the sports Seiko 5 models

I stand corrected

conx

gAD7u.jpg

Stargate

Thanks.... Another one for the wanted list :)

Luthier

The reason is very simple - it's japanese brand, not swiss, and you'll never impress anyone with Seiko. Sad, but a fact.

fellowsis

20120426_101715.jpg

This was mine, I did like it. Bought it for its resemblance to the hublot case shape. Then I discovered this forum haha! I ended up sellinh it and made a loss of only a tenner, so not much in depreciation...

sardonix

White is SKZ323

Black SKZ325

PVD all black SKZ329

guami007

A lot of Seiko haters in this place so not going to try and sell anyone on the brand but a lot of Seiko divers do not depreciate. The two that Mazz flashed a few posts back will probably not depreciate. The 6217 MAS, 6105's, and early 6309's in good condition have certainly not depreciated. In fact, some of the prices have gone through the roof on them (upwards of 2k for NOS 6105). The Samurai (now discontinued) is highly collectible and has virtually doubled in price if you can find it. The Sumo has easily increased by 25% since it came out and will only continue to go up if it is discontinued. If you have one modded by a reputable modder (Jack at IWW, or Dr. Seiko - Randall Benson if you can deal with his temperament), they certainly do not depreciate and in fact command very lofty prices. Check out the www.thewatchsite.com if you really want to learn about Seiko's.

conx

White is SKZ323

Black SKZ325

PVD all black SKZ329

:thumbsup::)

jeffw69

That white Stargate is sweet!

sardonix
That white Stargate is sweet!

Thanks, have Serge make this for it to give it some balls

1mUMD.jpg

Luthier

I don't think anyone here hate Seiko, I, personally, will buy a few with time. Just, again - it's not the top brand in people's mind. It's a Toyota, not a Mercedes.

DR3M3L
I don't think anyone here hate Seiko, I, personally, will buy a few with time. Just, again - it's not the top brand in people's mind. It's a Toyota, not a Mercedes.

That's the point.. Others don't see it as a big thing, it's like a normal handbag and a LV..

edwinowl

My Titanium Scuba bought around 10 yrs ago, think its actually gone up in value this one! Love it.

a2e8ebf9.jpg

jeffw69

Wow! Very nice!

wat44

Luth is correct. The brand is not luxurious. This is why I think they are INSANE to market their truly luxurious grand seiko watches under the same brand. They bring out a $200,000 watch and put seiko on the dial. It's a blunder they still don't get.

Until they understand how the big brand guys operate, the demand from the secondary market will be low.

ok, there will be a few esoteric examples where prices will hold, but not for 99% of cases

edwinowl
Wow! Very nice!

Cheers jeff. It's gorgeous to wear. Don't wear it enough really.

jeffw69
Wow! Very nice!

Cheers jeff. It's gorgeous to wear. Don't wear it enough really.

I've been on watchrecon.com for the last half hour looking. :)

mnml

If only I would find them appealing... At least the diver ones. From the ones posted, I only like that white stargate and titanium scuba, and even those two I would need to see in person. I do like the brand though, from what I understand Seiko is price/perfomance so to speak, at least in affordable price range.

I guess reps spoiled me, however I am planning to buy gen diver watch, the more affordable, the better, because it will be used for any sports near or in water :D

guami007

Luth is correct. The brand is not luxurious. This is why I think they are INSANE to market their truly luxurious grand seiko watches under the same brand. They bring out a $200,000 watch and put seiko on the dial. It's a blunder they still don't get.

Until they understand how the big brand guys operate, the demand from the secondary market will be low.

ok, there will be a few esoteric examples where prices will hold, but not for 99% of cases

Check out the Credor line. Not all of them branded Seiko. The Sonnerie makes me jizz in my pants.

http://www.seikospringdrive.com/sonnerie/

Realism

Check out the Credor line. Not all of them branded Seiko. The Sonnerie makes me jizz in my pants.

http://www.seikospri...e.com/sonnerie/

It's a fact that Grand Seiko failed to penetrate the Western hemisphere due to the "Seiko" name on the dial...

Credor was created just for that as a Toyota is to a Lexus, a Nissan to an Infiniti and a Honda to an Acura

wat44

I know about credor and how they still stick seiko name right along side of it!