Sign in to follow this  
deja123

Cool Asso-Strap on Ebay

ATEspo
Can't expect much to be honest. It doesn't have the look of a OEM gen to be very honest, but it is close enough.

The gen cost so much!

I just got a gen asso in the mail yesterday, and honestly I am not too impressed. I might let it go.

mostling
Bidding on one now. Thanks for the heads up. I almost paid $90 for one of these from Puretime.

Edit: I won one for about $36usd shipped.

Nice!!!

Thanks again OP for pointing them out.

I cba to wait for auction so i made an offer on one of the buy now or make offer, got accepted on 25 so 33 shipped.

ATEspo

I paid for the strap yesterday, and it already left China according to my FedEX tracking #

It must be wrong though, because it says the estimated delivery date is 1/24/13 -- tomorrow.

ATEspo

This seller has some of the FASTEST shipping to the USA from China! I ordered and paid for the strap on the 22nd and they attempted delivery today at 8:30am, too bad I was at work and forgot to leave a note to FedEX so they can leave my package, now I have to wait till 6pm and go to the local sort facility and pick it up (thank goodness its less than 5 miles from my office).

I am anxious to check this strap out, if it is decent quality, I am going to sell my gen Asso since I dont see what all the fuss is about and honestly dont see why its worth $200+

RichardMiami

ATEspo - Please post a full review of the strap. I (and I am sure others) want to know how good it is!

Thanks!

mykeos

ATEspo - Please post a full review of the strap. I (and I am sure others) want to know how good it is!

Thanks!

+3

Higs

Thanks!

+3

ATEspo

Thanks!

I plan to pick it up tonight from the FedEX facility and will write something up with photos. I have a gen asso I will compare to as well. It's my girlfriends birthday so the review will have to wait until after dinner and sexy time ;)

Higs

Thanks!

I plan to pick it up tonight from the FedEX facility and will write something up with photos. I have a gen asso I will compare to as well. It's my girlfriends birthday so the review will have to wait until after dinner and sexy time ;)

A man's got to eat but 'sexy time' can wait.

Have a think about your priorities.

ATEspo

Thanks!

A man's got to eat but 'sexy time' can wait.

Have a think about your priorities.

I think you have it backwards, a man needs some sex time but food can wait!

ATEspo

I finally opened up the package this evening. My first impression was the hide was very dry. I oiled it up with a drop or two of olive oil on my finger tips and made a huge difference. The hide textres are different, the gen asso hide feels 'tougher' but just as soft, the ebay-asso has a smoother feel, kinda hard to explain. Also something I noticed is the ebay-asso shows blemishes very very easy. I just touched it with my fingernail and it made a 'scrape', but it was easily fixed by rubbing it with my finger. Overall I think its a great strap for the money and I am going to keep it and enjoy it. The black deployant was nice too but I swapped it out for a ss deployant. I forgot to take a pic before I oiled it up, but here are some photos I shot comparing the ebay-asso strap to the gen asso strap in different lighting.

gen on left

930C4152-66DD-4544-BEE3-823FC5F51834-4571-000001624607ED09.jpg

gen on bottom

89CC0AF4-6A27-4A90-AA7D-AA881D47C5CB-4571-00000162431B4CEC.jpg

gen on top

238B4037-DA35-487E-972A-A5F9DE9D1F66-4571-000001623FED3C08.jpg

gen on bottom (112)

6DC6DC65-4CA5-4547-8067-F0EB8F9EC7F8-4571-000001623D03D5A2.jpg

gen on bottom

EBA49EB1-7CD0-4100-9D91-58855690450A-4571-000001623A71D921.jpg

just a cool shot that I edited with camera+ on my phone

9E92F7C1-D289-4076-B383-E8541826474E-4571-0000016233CE403D.jpg

Wriggles

Looks pretty damn nice. For the price I'd say an absolute steal. Is it decent thickness ?

ATEspo

Looks pretty damn nice. For the price I'd say an absolute steal. Is it decent thickness ?

Its not too thick, I'd say about the same thickness as a gen strap for deployant. The tail end is very thin but thats because its for a deployant.

Chavezzito

Its not too thick, I'd say about the same thickness as a gen strap for deployant. The tail end is very thin but thats because its for a deployant.

Great pic´s and review! Now on to the sexy time pics and you are all set! :P

ATEspo

Forgot the back of the straps...

CE88A9EA-97FE-4EAE-B8F5-611AF5A76968-5360-0000019FE20ADF59.jpg

black263

Leather looks the same to me in the pics. Only difference I can see is that the gen stitching is finer and neater. Seeing them apart and without having seen the comparison, I wouldn't say the gen is worth the big extra.

sgtguk

These look really good for the money :)

mykeos

Just got one for 30 quid shipped to EU.With black PVD clasp,it should fit my 292J or 386 well.Will order ss version for 247 feretti if it looks as good as on the pics.Thanks to the OP for the review/comparison, the color looks really close to the OEM,close enough to be worth what I paid for it.

ATEspo

I will say the texture of the hides is different when feeling them both in your hand. The eBay asso feels 'smoother' and the gen has a rougher/tougher feel to it.

I ordered another 'asso' style strap from ebay, a 'BOB'

http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

I listed my oem ASSO for sale so I doubt I will have it when the BOB arrives for another comparison.

mykeos

I've heard a lot of positive comments regarding BOB straps.So you feel oem isn't worth it?Did you order BOB instead of "eBay" strap or you plan to have them both?Even if you don't have oem by the time the BOB arrives, it would be great if you posted a small review of bob:)

mykeos

Oh yes,I remember the thread.Thx for reminding me ;)

solkryssare

Those are good looking straps. Too bad the don't make any 20 and 22 version.

Higs

I made an offer on one of the buy now or make offer, got accepted on 25 so 33 shipped.

25what? I assume you mean $25 but I've just had an offer declined at £19.95 ($31.42)

Maybe I left it too late and these have become popular.

edit: just spotted that the listing I made the offer on included free shipping so I will offer a bit more and see how we go.

RichardMiami

I grabbed one at £22.... I lost the bid, but he offered me a second chance at that price and I bought it. Got it with the SS deployant.