Sign in to follow this  
black263

Rep being sold as Gen?

black263

I'm a noob, but even to me that pearl looks horrible. (Now you're going to tell me it's gen!!)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ec5869f6e

And what's with the perpetual calendar?

onionbag

File photo, dealer with 16,000 feedback at 99.8%, ebay member since 1999.

jacobarch

umm that looks gen to me.

lug holes give it away.

fatarms

Pearl looks ok, so do lugs, but does the stainless bezel have polished midlinks on the bracelet?

black263

umm that looks gen to me.

lug holes give it away.

I always thought the pearl was centred and contained within the triangle. You learn a new thing daily.

fellowsis

Just looking at the rolex forum, and ebay post specifies its a '91 submariner, there is a pic of a gen on the forum, and that pearl corresponds, however, the polished centre links do not...

jacobarch

Just looking at the rolex forum, and ebay post specifies its a '91 submariner, there is a pic of a gen on the forum, and that pearl corresponds, however, the polished centre links do not...

bracelets are interchangeable

dingle

no box. no papers. no sale.

houndoggie

gen, with a polished midlink bracelet. No box and no papers, plus those cheesy polished midlink makes me think the price is way too high. $4k tops.

fellowsis

bracelets are interchangeable

+1 on that, definately

houndoggie

the dealer polished them... :facepalm:

fatarms

I just went back and read that after you posted this. Must've been scuffed pretty good I guess?

fellowsis

I just went back and read that after you posted this. Must've been scuffed pretty good I guess?

Haha I realise my mistake now!

fatarms

Haha I realise my mistake now!

I said the same thing in my first post, I saw the polished midlinks and went back to the bezel and saw it was stainless.

APOLLO440

Lack of a movement photo says it all for me.

peakpower

Well, according to their "authenticity" tab, "We have been in business since 1998 and have NEVER sold a fake or stolen watch"

Yep, feedback over 16K and 99.8% rating. Consistent sales volume of over $5,000,000 per year for 14 years. I'd have no problem buying from them.

jacobarch

why is this thread still going on? it's a Gen. They have almost 20k feedback and have sold other watches. Overpriced, yes. Fake, No.

sm1rf
why is this thread still going on? it's a Gen. They have almost 20k feedback and have sold other watches. Overpriced, yes. Fake, No.

+1

dingle
:popcorn:

jeffw69

a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Frankt8242

Going to Ebay to buy a Rolex is like going to a leper colony to get laid........

houndoggie

Going to Ebay to buy a Rolex is like going to a leper colony to get laid........

I don't do either, so it's no skin off my back.

black263

I tried setting up a brothel in a leper colony. It was fine to start with, then business dropped off.............

Irishcain
I tried setting up a brothel in a leper colony. It was fine to start with, then business dropped off.............
F:::in' funny..... Oh, wait, that's the problem. never mind. Lol

chartoune

you kinda ruined it when you installed a jacuzzi