Sign in to follow this  
rossbell

bell and ross br02 at timeshop

rossbell

Hi,

New to RWG, enjoying it very much so far.

I'm looking to get a bell and ross BR02 in PVD and have been checking out the ones at timeshop. With the swiss ETA movement we are talking $394 which seems a lot!. Therefore I'd probably go for the asian copy ETA at $314.

This still seems a lot, but I don't mind paying if it's going to be a VERY good replica.

Has anyone bought this particular watch/movement combination from timeshop?, If so could you let me know what sort of quality we are talking.

thanks.

beathead

I picked one up from Toro in the Christmas special - Asian ETA, I'm not sure which factory.. Anyway, it's awesome. Maybe one of the more experienced members can confirm whether TS have the same watch?

If it is, then it's worth every penny - amazing quality.

rossbell

Thanks, just checked Toro and they don't have a pvd on the website but they do the SS case with the Asian ETA from the N factory for $238. The SS case Asian ETA br02 on timeshops is $284. If it is the same watch then Toro look to be the better deal.

beathead

I'd highly recommend Toro, great service and a great watch.. The SS version looks awesome on a leather strap too..

www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=41814

rossbell

Thanks, that does look the business. Toro here I come!

Buddhabar

I bought the exact same model with asian movement from Torobravo.

I can tell you is fantastic.

BellampRossBR02_zpsed668c9f.jpg

vonGluberschmidt

there is no need to upgrade to swiss movements in these pieces.

the asian auto's are just fine.

Buddhabar

there is no need to upgrade to swiss movements in these pieces.

the asian auto's are just fine.

I confirm.

It keeps very good time. Seeing is believing.

Luthier

Fuck, what's happened with prices??? $300+ for asian clone??? Just a year ago any watch with clone was around $180-$200!!!

Higs

If you really want the PVD, it might be worth dropping Toro a line - he may well be able to get one for you.

Nothing wrong with the SS one though. Here's mine....

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_2647.JPG

Buddhabar

Dear Luthier ...

Despite the global downturn .... the question of us poor does pull up the price.

Cordial greetings from italy

rossbell

Emailed Toro, they can only do the SS case. On reflection the SS case does look a nice watch and I don't think the PVD version from TS is worth all that extra money.

Member X

SS is a truer dive watch IMO - less likely to show up scratches than PVD and it looks like a serious chunk of metal on the wrist, yet somehow does not feel bulky :)

I got a Toro Christmas Special with Asian ETA, one of the best quality watches I have.

TheTinMan

What does the second crown do on this model? Is it functional? Will this watch be submersible?

I've had my eye on it, and now hearing that it is well built has really tweaked my interest.

Higs

What does the second crown do on this model? Is it functional? Will this watch be submersible?

I've had my eye on it, and now hearing that it is well built has really tweaked my interest.

The second crown rotates the inner bezel. It is functional.

Both crowns screw down but (as with all reps) I wouldn't submerge it until it's been checked.

schwimmi

wow, these are very nice watches - the only think that i dont like is that the screws are not in the same position ..