Sign in to follow this  
62ragtop

Hello from a cold Sweden

62ragtop

Hi guys,

..yet another scandinavian from Sweden...

Finally after lurking the forum for a while (got tired of the six click time-out) I decided to get an account, and just to pop in and do some proper reading... and say hello!

I've been a watch fan all my life, even as a teenager when I got my first Swatch and Camel Trophy watch I got hooked! When it comes to watches I'm kind of a "whatever rocks your boat" type of guy, and leave the trade mark, sweatshop,"save up for the real thing" etc disussions for other (forums!) to dwell upon.

I sport a (IMHO) ok collection of both gen and replica watches. I got my first replica (well, replica or replica... given todays quality, I'd call it a "simple copy") some twenty years ago. A Rolex sub, soon after that followed a Tag Heuer (Links series from the 90s - remember those?), then a Breitling Navitimer, then a Rolex Daytona. These were my first "copies" that I bougth overseas on holidays of got as a gift from a friends.

These are all long gone, the Breitling and the Daytona is collecting dust in a drawer somewhere.

Fast forward, I got a few gen watches (Citizen Aqualand Pro Diver, Tissot PRC, TW Steel, a few Seikos) when a very good buddy of mine (working for an international airline) got me a replica Panerai back in early -00s, after one of his regular trips to Bangkok. I'm proud to say that this watch still sees some wristtime, still works, still looks pretty ok in terms of detailing. That lead me into being a fan of Panerai. Today I have three more PAMs in my collection, the latest purchase being the PAM104 (1:1 with kick-ass lume, dark blue leather band etc)

Other items are a Chopard GTXL Chrono, with grey dial, and etched no12 and no6, rubber "Dunlop" strap - just love that watch,too!

Then I have "2,5" Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono (XL 45mm) as every day beaters (well, I tend to rotate my watches pretty much every day...), one automatic with orange bezel, and "1,5" quartz Quantum of Solace editions... these I just got last autumn during a holiday in thailand with my wife and kids, and although I favour automatic watches, the price/quality ratio seemed ok at the time for these... or perhaps I was just under the influence...

...and yeah, my wife sports a Cartier J12, white ceramic, when she is not wearing her Seiko Velatura or Citizen Aqualand... so that of course helps in the department "where to spend your hard earned cash"...

I hope to increase my collection in the nearby future, and look forward to do some read-up on this forum!

Thanks for listening!

cheers

Bluejuzuk

Welcome my friend!

I'm new here also. But I have yet to purchase my first rep. So many nice ones out there.

Nilas

Welcome to the circus.

Läs på noga och utforska forumet väl så klarar du dig utan att bli hängd :)

albert12

hello from a coldest Montreal :D

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG from hot South Africa. Great first post, hope you find some good watches to buy.

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.........................

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

And make sure you have a good long read, you can get some great information from this forum, all the answers are here if you look hard enough!

62ragtop

Thanks for the welcome guys!

There's definitely a lot of good reading here, that hopefully will lead me in the right direction for furture purchases.

Tack Nilas! ...ska försöka undvika de mest uppenbara noob frågorna... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up Scorpion, and you are most certainly right that this will cost me a fortune... already got a short list of items to check out and TDs to contact.

cheers

mostling

Welcome!

Och nu kan du bara glömma pensionssparande :)

jeffw69

:kinky:

62ragtop

true mostling, no savings fund is sacred... :Whistle:

humpty dumpty swedish meat balls, sorry jeffw69, I'll try to adhere to forum netiquette and stick to the international language from now on. :thumbsup:

cheers

jeffw69
:D. Welcome!

62ragtop

Thanks! :D

not to postwhore, but I'm interested to unlock the m2m section (is it 5 post or? duely spent time on the forum... well, patience I guess...)

time for dinner

cheers

dalboy

Wow !! ...What a great introduction post..

Welcome to the forum..

Dal..

Soldie

Hello Sweden from a cold (but snowless) Vermont. Quite a collection. Welcome! Your wallet is the only thing that will suffer! Soldie

Soldie

Hello Sweden from a cold (but snowless) Vermont. Quite a collection. Welcome! Your wallet is the only thing that will suffer! Soldie

mostling

Thanks! :D

not to postwhore, but I'm interested to unlock the m2m section (is it 5 post or? duely spent time on the forum... well, patience I guess...)

time for dinner

cheers

Yup, 5 posts is correct.

solkryssare

Welcome my fellow Swede. You picked the Rights place to spend time and meet some kick ass people. We are not a modest bunch so I'm just gonna go a head and say........ WE FUCKING ROCK!

62ragtop

Thanks all!

Kids are watching Willy Wonka so what better to do than to do some reading on my new (favourite) forum.

Thanks Soldie, well at least there are a few nice ones that I particulary like, but I hope to get some more nice items soon, and yeah I fear that my wallet will indeed suffer... :giggle:

Thanks Solkryssaren, yeah have kinda figured that one out... that you are not a modest bunch... :boxedin: ... but also kick ass people! :D

Again, thanks for the nice welcome!

cheers

bmbaduk

Just curious; 62' rag top Chevy?...Impala maybe?...327?

62ragtop

as in the flame free zone, maybe it's "safe" to answer... :D

Nope, more close to 142cu in... or 2332cc, dual weber 48IDAs, pauter 1:4 lifters... no detroit iron, but a 1962 Volkswagen Bug, california look style, with a gen golde sunroof top, hence my "nick"...

sorry to disappoint you bmbaduk... :P

another hobby of mine, cars. That I tend to sink way too much money in. I'm a sucker for cars from the -50-60s, and as with watches, 'whatever rocks your boat'. Have owned several (mainly european) cars ranging from mini cooper s to jaguar mkII 3,8, all early -60s, but for the last almost ten years have been focusing on cal look style bugs.

Love american irons also, but have never gotten the chance of owning one, but has always had a soft spot for corvette.

cheers

bmbaduk

as in the flame free zone, maybe it's "safe" to answer... :D

Nope, more close to 142cu in... or 2332cc, dual weber 48IDAs, pauter 1:4 lifters... no detroit iron, but a 1962 Volkswagen Bug, california look style, with a gen golde sunroof top, hence my "nick"...

sorry to disappoint you bmbaduk... :P

another hobby of mine, cars. That I tend to sink way too much money in. I'm a sucker for cars from the -50-60s, and as with watches, 'whatever rocks your boat'. Have owned several (mainly european) cars ranging from mini cooper s to jaguar mkII 3,8, all early -60s, but for the last almost ten years have been focusing on cal look style bugs.

Love american irons also, but have never gotten the chance of owning one, but has always had a soft spot for corvette.

cheers

bmbaduk

Not disapointed; just dreaming about the Chevy that got away, but I can still have a blast buying these great reps! I hope you'll have as much fun.