Sign in to follow this  
stinger161

WI delivered!!!

stinger161

Following my dilemma here http://www.rwg.bz/bo...33 my package from Watch International arrived!

IMG_20130125_182826.jpg

IMG_20130125_183055.jpg

IMG_20130125_183141.jpg

IMG_20130125_183209.jpg

After some of that Chinese tobacco to calm my nerves.....

And apologies for my photographic abilities, these are from my Galaxy Nexus because some douche canoe decided to break into my car and stole my digital. Which also made me relieve my dog of his duties. He's 11 and was sleeping on the job.

IMG_20130125_183246.jpg

Watch box pretty nice!

IMG_20130125_183343.jpg

One of the straps broke but I don't think anything some super glue can't fix.

IMG_20130125_183359.jpg

IMG_20130125_184003.jpg

IMG_20130125_184258.jpg

IMG_20130125_184334.jpg

IMG_20130125_184410.jpg

Very pleased with it! I must have elephant wrists though because it feels a bit tight. I have been on the couch for a while so that could have something to do with bigger wrists. Or the fact that I haven't worn a watch for many years. i plan on removing the bracelet and give it a good WD-40 bath and baby oiling.

Weight feels good. Moderately heavy. Clasp is nice and tight, and seconds hand sweeps smooth. Haven't opened it to verify 2836 movement but seems good.

Surprising to me though is in pictures it looks really big!! In person not so much. Hard to see in photos and damn near impossible to see with the naked eye is the etched crown at 6. I know the GV's aren't supposed to have them and I told Rochest it shouldn't be that big of a deal and I was right. If anybody can see it on your wrist....good Christ! Holy eaglevision Batman!

I couldn't be arsed to mess around with a lume shot but even charging it with an led light I think it could be brighter, so I see a reluming in my future.

Engraved rehaut lines up perfect all the way around.

Last item is the green AR. I don't get all the complaints about it! It is so subtle you really don't see it. I'd already talked to Kenny about reluming and removing the AR for the green edge mod and he said keep it. He's right. It really does set it off. So unless it gets scratched and that's my only option it stays. All in all very pleased! My first rep is a winner! Thanks Mary and Rochest!!!!

Now the ladies:

IMG_20130125_185154.jpg

IMG_20130125_185334.jpg

IMG_20130125_185309.jpg

IMG_20130125_185459.jpg

Sorry those were all I could get because the woman was on her way and I was snapping everything quickly, because like my Milgauss I want to remove the bracelet and give it a bath and oiling first. But it looks great and I'm sure to be back in bed early next week!

The gold looks great on it, the bracelet feels nice. Only things I noticed were the link screws seemed to be sticking out a bit and the micro screwdrivers I have still weren't small enough to fit the slot to tighten them so I'll be shopping today for some. And after opening and closing it a few times the clasp seems a tad loose so I'll have to see if I can make an adjustment to it.

Rehaut once again is aligned perectly, and seconds hand sweeps smooth. The date change snaps to in an instant and crown is nice and tight. The lume though is very weak. You can see the hands but the markers you really can't.

Sorry again but no real good face shots of it because not having the AR coating like the Milgauss the flash kept washing it out. All in all though very happy with this one as well!!! These are my first reps and my first attempt at a photo review under a time crunch! Definitely can't go wrong with Watch International!!! Communication with Mary and Rochest was great, payment went smooth and so did shipping. From China to my door in 7 days! I can understand all the hype now and thank God I stumbled onto this place! Or maybe not.....because I already have 4 more I'm looking at sometime down the line LOL!

Del

Congrats - they look great! :thumbsup2:

peter28

Seems you got a better one than on the QC pics.

Pointy second hand and the same colour as the numbers.

scavenger

Looks great! You'll really notice the difference after the WD40 bath. If there's any squeaking or stiffness, that'll be taken care of after a few hours soaking!

Beautiful watches, enjoy and wear them well.

Oh and good luck with the missus too!

Scav.

dalboy

Both nice ones..

You will feel the difference after the wd40 bath...

Good luck with them

Dal..

stinger161

Thanks guys! Got the bracelets all taken care of and yeah... Major difference! Really makes that gold shine now! Also got the case back o-rings greased and locked down tight for that "additional water resistance". All thanks to searching and reading topics here and at RWI! But one thing's for sure: that's the extent of it for me. Too small of a canvas for me. I'll leave everything else to the pros. You're never going to hear me say "Hey! Check out this lume job I did!" :)

trevsdad

I'm am so happy for u... enjoy!!!!

Following my dilemma here http://www.rwg.bz/bo...33 my package from Watch International arrived!

IMG_20130125_182826.jpg

IMG_20130125_183055.jpg

IMG_20130125_183141.jpg

IMG_20130125_183209.jpg

After some of that Chinese tobacco to calm my nerves.....

And apologies for my photographic abilities, these are from my Galaxy Nexus because some douche canoe decided to break into my car and stole my digital. Which also made me relieve my dog of his duties. He's 11 and was sleeping on the job.

IMG_20130125_183246.jpg

Watch box pretty nice!

IMG_20130125_183343.jpg

One of the straps broke but I don't think anything some super glue can't fix.

IMG_20130125_183359.jpg

IMG_20130125_184003.jpg

IMG_20130125_184258.jpg

IMG_20130125_184334.jpg

IMG_20130125_184410.jpg

Very pleased with it! I must have elephant wrists though because it feels a bit tight. I have been on the couch for a while so that could have something to do with bigger wrists. Or the fact that I haven't worn a watch for many years. i plan on removing the bracelet and give it a good WD-40 bath and baby oiling.

Weight feels good. Moderately heavy. Clasp is nice and tight, and seconds hand sweeps smooth. Haven't opened it to verify 2836 movement but seems good.

Surprising to me though is in pictures it looks really big!! In person not so much. Hard to see in photos and damn near impossible to see with the naked eye is the etched crown at 6. I know the GV's aren't supposed to have them and I told Rochest it shouldn't be that big of a deal and I was right. If anybody can see it on your wrist....good Christ! Holy eaglevision Batman!

I couldn't be arsed to mess around with a lume shot but even charging it with an led light I think it could be brighter, so I see a reluming in my future.

Engraved rehaut lines up perfect all the way around.

Last item is the green AR. I don't get all the complaints about it! It is so subtle you really don't see it. I'd already talked to Kenny about reluming and removing the AR for the green edge mod and he said keep it. He's right. It really does set it off. So unless it gets scratched and that's my only option it stays. All in all very pleased! My first rep is a winner! Thanks Mary and Rochest!!!!

Now the ladies:

IMG_20130125_185154.jpg

IMG_20130125_185334.jpg

IMG_20130125_185309.jpg

IMG_20130125_185459.jpg

Sorry those were all I could get because the woman was on her way and I was snapping everything quickly, because like my Milgauss I want to remove the bracelet and give it a bath and oiling first. But it looks great and I'm sure to be back in bed early next week!

The gold looks great on it, the bracelet feels nice. Only things I noticed were the link screws seemed to be sticking out a bit and the micro screwdrivers I have still weren't small enough to fit the slot to tighten them so I'll be shopping today for some. And after opening and closing it a few times the clasp seems a tad loose so I'll have to see if I can make an adjustment to it.

Rehaut once again is aligned perectly, and seconds hand sweeps smooth. The date change snaps to in an instant and crown is nice and tight. The lume though is very weak. You can see the hands but the markers you really can't.

Sorry again but no real good face shots of it because not having the AR coating like the Milgauss the flash kept washing it out. All in all though very happy with this one as well!!! These are my first reps and my first attempt at a photo review under a time crunch! Definitely can't go wrong with Watch International!!! Communication with Mary and Rochest was great, payment went smooth and so did shipping. From China to my door in 7 days! I can understand all the hype now and thank God I stumbled onto this place! Or maybe not.....because I already have 4 more I'm looking at sometime down the line LOL!

stinger161

*YAWNS* Boy did I sleep good last night!

Henry J. Miller

Good looking watches. Nice move getting something for the Lady...it does pay dividends.

Hope the dawg is doing well. :offtobed:

Edited by Henry J. Miller

dejavu157

did you buy that watchbox? or did it come with the watch?

stinger161

did you buy that watchbox? or did it come with the watch?

It was an extra $20, they have a black version also. Made for additional shipping protection methinks!

And yeah Henry old Moose is ok. Just getting old :) Lady loves hers too! Refuses to take it off except for in the shower. LOL