Sign in to follow this  
Markus-DK

Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A - V3 with swiss eta rep.

Markus-DK

Patek Philippe - Aquanaut 5167A - Modded with genuine 5167A strap (see post 15 and 16)

Bought at : Perfect Clones.

Direct link (use link 2 times) http://www.1-pc8838....42-p-12464.html

Title: Aquanaut Jumbo V3 Auto SS/RU Black Swiss Eta 2824-2

Model number on perfect clones: PPAQ01031R

After having a crappy watch, which i didn't enjoy, to then having no watch for 5 years (long live the iphone clock!) i decided to go ahead and get a watch, that i would REALLY enjoy!

I stumbled upon this awesome forum by luck, and started to ask around what others though about their Aquanaut replicas and where to purchase. After learning the basics of who's who, no-goes and what to look out for, i choose Perfect Clones, since they did transshipping, because here in Denmark, it ain't easy getting ANY replica goods what so ever through customs, and you even risk getting sued by the original producer.

Ordered January 16, arrived here today January 28 (it sat with the Danish postal service for 3 days over the weekend)

Here's some pictures! :D (you always see that you forgot to clean the sapphire crystal after you are done shooting :P )

img2497a.jpg

img2489ol.jpg

img2508gp.jpg

img2499sv.jpg

img2503e.jpg

img2504ol.jpg

img2506o.jpg

img2507jp.jpg

img2557y.jpg

img2547yc.jpg

img2544z.jpg

img2522u.jpg

img2520c.jpg

i must say, that this is a terrifying good replica! Only thing i have found to be not like the real deal, is on the 6 o'clock position on the dial. No SWISS MADE as seen here

Genuine:

jimpp0406800.jpg

The only thing i found odd about it, is that the rubber has a slight smell of something like hobby clay or Industrial plasticine. I'm hopping this will go away soon, or else i might need to get a replacement strap.

Can anyone recommend a good quality replica strap for the Aquanaut?

Edited by Markus-DK

Zachthebaker

I have a nautilus rep and love the hell out of it! nice watch

Markus-DK

I think the Nautilus will be my next! Man i love the stealthiness of the Aquanaut and Nautilus. Pure class! :D

Added some more photos. I think i'll give it a try with a different lens !

Edited by Markus-DK

Realism

There's 2 dials on the Aquanaut... the older dials with the "Geneva Seal" on the movt has the "Swiss Made" and the one with the "PP Seal" has no "Swiss Made"

solkryssare

Very nice pick up. And welcome to the forum. KBH/Frederiksberg here......

baxter

Re the strap - A lot of the rep rubber straps smell like this and some are stronger than others, strapdaddy over on RWI sometimes has Gen Aquanaut straps and is worth a look.

Other than that if you fancy a croc or leather Orloff straps may well make you something to fit and his quality is really nice.

Great watch by the way - enjoy :)

Markus-DK

Thanks!

Nørrebro her ;)

Added some more photos. Must be enough for now :D

solkryssare

Thanks!

Nørrebro her ;)

Added some more photos. Must be enough for now :D

Ah, a local! That means beer and watches at some point. I wont take no for an answer either ;)

Markus-DK

Re the strap - A lot of the rep rubber straps smell like this and some are stronger than others, strapdaddy over on RWI sometimes has Gen Aquanaut straps and is worth a look.

Other than that if you fancy a croc or leather Orloff straps may well make you something to fit and his quality is really nice.

Great watch by the way - enjoy :)

Aaah.. Sad to here that! Anything to do about it? Let it soap in water for a day or something like that?

$255 for a gen strap will be the last resort for me. Must be something else to do before that right? For now, i wan't the "genuine look" but other kinds of straps are definitely also an option

fana05

Wish the date font was a tad bigger so it'd fill out the date window more or less as per gen and V2. Notwithstanding that, it's a beautiful watch. If I can't find a V2 soon, I'll have to get one of these

Markus-DK

The rubbers weird smell got the hang of me. I ordered a genuine patek philippe aquanaut strap from Strapdaddy. I hope it fits!

As for now i've tried:

Washing the rubber straps in water

Washing the rubber straps in soap

Washing the rubber straps in window cleaner

Now i've put them in the freezer to see if that helps.

I've been told that the smell goes away over time, but for now i really can't stand it ! :P My arm has a Vanilla / hobby clay smell now.

Here's a high ress photo of the dial.

img2578copy.jpg

bklynboy

I put mine on a rep croc with the cross of calavara sourced from silex

aquanautdeployment.jpg

aquanautwrist.jpg

Markus-DK

Hah! I filled a bowl with a lot of strong, rough grinded coffee and poured hot water on it. Let it cool down a little so that the rubber wouldn't melt.

I let the straps soak for 30 minutes, and now the weird vanilla smell is almost gone (but not totally)

This is definitely a good idea to do, if you have a strap like this, and wound't want to buy a genuine replacement! :)

Markus-DK

Here's some comparison shots between the gen and the rep strap that comes with the Aquanaut V3.

Both fit in between the lugs, so they are both 20 mm wide and 18 mm at the other end.

The main difference is that the gen is is a bit more fat or taller at the 20 mm end, so that i doesn't really fit the space designated for the strap. (see picture)

The 2 prongs do fit inside the holes.

The gen smells like nothing! WIN! Actually it smells like quality!

Rep on the left, gen on the right

img2617m.jpg

img2604f.jpg

img2606bq.jpg

img2607dy.jpg

img2615z.jpg

In order to make it fit, i'm curious to know, what you guys would suggest doing?

My first thought was to drill out the hole for the spring bar, so that it would be able to get into the lug holes.

img2615copyw.jpg

Markus-DK

Hah! I couldn't wait for input from others, so i started with a small 1.5mm metal drill, grinding out the excess rubber. Then i used a needle to remove some rubber at the end, so that the springbar curved nicely and kept the rubber tight. Now i got 1 of the straps mounted, very tightly!

Working on the next one atm. Will post pictures when done, ITS AWESOME!! :D

Edit: HUGE SUCCES! Mounted, but MAN that took a loot of time!

Edit:

WAUW! So satisfied with the result! No more vanilla smell, when i walk into a room!

img2624uh.jpg

As of now, i'm having the strap cut so it sits a bit loose on the arm, due to i cut the replica strap a bit too tight for when i have a sweaty arm. Might cut it tighter in the future tho!

I'm very Pleased with the result, and thanks to Strap Daddy from RWI, for the gen strap!

Edited by Markus-DK

romford-boy

wow, that is a very good replica. I might have to get in on this action :)

solkryssare

Looking good on the gen strap. You dont see many of these on Nørrebro, or any other part of cph for that matter, so when I do see one I'm gonna be 100% sure its you :D

Markus-DK

Looking good on the gen strap. You dont see many of these on Nørrebro, or any other part of cph for that matter, so when I do see one I'm gonna be 100% sure its you :D

Hahaha! Walked around Magasin du Nord and browsed through some shirts etc last week, when one of the sales assistants noticed the watch as he approached. He had a Royal Oak on, no idea weather it was a rep also. But he gave me a "Nice clock!" and a "fantastic AP you got there your self"

Didn't help his sales, since i couldn't find anything i wanted :D

wild05kid05

is there still any TD that carry the closedback version ?

Markus-DK

is there still any TD that carry the closedback version ?

Haven't seen any with a closed case back. Could be because the gen doesn't have a closed case back.

scooke1827

A beautiful watch and excellent work on the strap upgrade. Cheers mate!

taukappaepsilon

Will this fit a 6inch wrist? Also, has it been waterproofed/pressure tested?

Dinicol

-Classy!!

Soldie

So I have a 7 1/4 wrist and my Nautilus is a tad small. Think it would be fine for a 6 inch wrist.