Sign in to follow this  
Markus-DK

Patek Philippe Aquanaut 5167A - V3 with swiss eta rep.

randylion

What a beautiful watch!

I went to the OP's link to Josh's site and saw that there was a V2 for $100 more than the V3, both with the same movement as far as I could tell.

So I am really confused - did the V3 take a step backward compared to V2 to warrant the price difference?

Jaron

Just joined the forum and this may not be the right place for this question but I have searched and this seems to be the best string for it. I have had my replica aquanaut for several years and it has always worked perfectly and still does. The strap broke after a lot of use so I replaced with a croc leather band. But now the rear glass on the back fell out and I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and any suggestions as to where I might be able to find a replacement part for it. Thanks for any help.

fana05

Repress it with a crystal press

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

RussP

Will this fit a 6inch wrist? Also, has it been waterproofed/pressure tested?

I have a 6" wrist and wear one.

They are smaller than they appear.

Am considering a 40mm case because of this very issue.

Jaron

Repress it with a crystal press

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the advice but if I still had it, that's the easy part. Somehow it fell off when I didn't notice, thus the need for a replacement. Any suggestions would be great.

mfreifeld

About the strap odor- I looked at this watch at two different AD's and both sales clerks spent time emphasizing that the genuine straps had an odor of vanilla specifically built in so that the rubber would have a pleasing smell. Just saying.

Roemsch

I am a neewbie... Where Do I get the watch?

Keijyin

Incredibly beautiful watch, I feel like getting one myself :-)

gran

be serious it looks much better on a bracelett...or at least the nautilus does

Patek5800comparison008.jpg

Note: This is the nautilus 5800/1a so is smaller in size

Edited by gran

Mikec4

is perfect clone reputable? Do they carry quality merch.?

_DC_
is perfect clone reputable? Do they carry quality merch.?

This is a silly question!

They are trusted dealers......... so yeah, you can trust them :)

DC

Pmat
be serious it looks much better on a bracelett...or at least the nautilus does

Patek5800comparison008.jpg

Note: This is the nautilus 5800/1a so is smaller in size

I love the look of these but I realise that they're far too small for big wrists. Bugger.

digerati

Hi guys,

Rep rookie here about to pull the trigger and purchase my first rep! I've had my eyes set on the Aquanaut for a while now and would like to kick off 2014 with an order placed and enroute to me! But - I am still very confused about the difference between the V2 and V3 (the former of which is considerably more expensive). I've trawled through forums here and on other sites, asked the TD's but I still don't understand what the difference is. Any wisdom at all would be greatly appreciated!

So hopefully this bump blows the dust off this thread and someone could help me out here.

Thanks,

Digi

Gmtaddict

AFAIK, V2 and V3 are from different makers.

Not sure you can still get a V2, but if you can source one, go for it! The dial is much better....

quickdrawmcgraw

I have a 6 inch wrist and it wears beautifully.

Will this fit a 6inch wrist? Also, has it been waterproofed/pressure tested?

mrtsumoto80

Beautiful watch, I´m considering also the aquanaut, still not sure about the size, and probably end up with a Nautilus.

Any comments regarding size or they are too similar to notice a difference wearing them on real life and caring less about specs?

_DC_
Beautiful watch, I´m considering also the aquanaut, still not sure about the size, and probably end up with a Nautilus.

Any comments regarding size or they are too similar to notice a difference wearing them on real life and caring less about specs?

Their bezels are identically proportioned, if anything the dial detail and lugs make the Aquanaut wear slightly larger, but you wouldn't notice the difference unless you wore them side by side..........

like this for example

12699947-9C86-4B07-B29B-7E905C7FF017_zps0hm14t03.jpg

mrtsumoto80

Thank you that pic says a thousand words!

They indeed look very similar in sizing, love em both!

_DC_

Needless to say I love them both too, here very different watches though. I think the Aquanaut has a wider more "mainstream" appeal, whereas the Nautilus is a bit of an aquired taste for most people. I prefer the beauty of the Nautilus if I'm honest, but the rugged sportiness of the Aquanaut is an easy choice with almost any attire!!

DC

wrenches&watches

Wow, night and day differences on the strap there. Nice pic and smart move on the strap!

mrtsumoto80

Needless to say I love them both too, here very different watches though. I think the Aquanaut has a wider more "mainstream" appeal, whereas the Nautilus is a bit of an aquired taste for most people. I prefer the beauty of the Nautilus if I'm honest, but the rugged sportiness of the Aquanaut is an easy choice with almost any attire!!

DC

I agree, I'm more inclined towards the Aquanaut, I was seeing a gen Brown Dial, Rose Gold, Brown rubber strap. Do you know where to get this rep? Ive only seen the one like you have.

mrtsumoto80

Trusty Time have it advertised on their website, drop Andrew and email via the website and he'll tell you if he can get it!!!

See here:

http://www.ttw888.co...roducts_id=6022

DC

Thank you very much bro!

Spackjarrow

B. E. A. U. TIFUL!!! ordered one Aquanaut as my 4th deal with Trusty. So excited for my 6.5 wrist sizes.